IGNORED

Gayle And Gray No.... Who Next?

brad blit

Imagine how many he would have scored in the last two games

Don't seem to make them like that anymore, Robbo. Maybe the game has moved on from players like Thorpe

Hardly any.

His "career" was near all at league one level.

No more than a thought here from an outsider's perspective: but do you think it's possible prospective players are judging City on Cotterill's reputation?

Rightly or wrongly, he's got an image within the game of being a bit of an old fashioned, long ball merchant. Given the ease with which you destroyed L1 last season, I'd imagine you must have been a bit more creative than that, but reputations are hard to shift. Neither Gray nor Gayle are big chaps & Gray at least comes from a side renowned for their neat passing football. Maybe Cotterill himself simply doesn't appeal to them (as I said, that may not be fair but it *could* be a concern for them)??

No more than a thought here from an outsider's perspective: but do you think it's possible prospective players are judging City on Cotterill's reputation?

Rightly or wrongly, he's got an image within the game of being a bit of an old fashioned, long ball merchant. Given the ease with which you destroyed L1 last season, I'd imagine you must have been a bit more creative than that, but reputations are hard to shift. Neither Gray nor Gayle are big chaps & Gray at least comes from a side renowned for their neat passing football. Maybe Cotterill himself simply doesn't appeal to them (as I said, that may not be fair but it *could* be a concern for them)??

Don't know about Gayle but Gray knows about us as we played them off the park for 30 mins last Sat before Freeman got sent off.

That reputation is undeserved in respect of his time here. He's got us playing a really slick attacking game with plenty of pace.

I think a few fans of other teams may underestimate us if that is indeed the perception.

• Admin

Sinclair was only on loan at Wigan last year. (His only league experience) it's the perfect time to get him on board. Definitely won't get in Liverpool first team

Am I correct in saying that Bradley Orr represents him now?

WWonder if his visit last Saturday was more business than pleasure?

Ok 2+2=5 scenario

Sinclair is a good shout. Liverpool were prepared to play him in a game against Chelsea. What about that Wilson at Man Utd? Nick Powell's a good shout for a midfield loanee, although apparently has a questionable attitude off the pitch. One of many lower league players that have gone to a big PL club and wasted the early years of his career.

Agreed but loaning is like renting a property - dead money.

It's just the opposite of the Gray thing.

Why spend big on a fee then balk at the wages only to get a loanee in on a massive wage, who isn't even your asset at the end of it?!

Less risk

Helps to get us promoted where the prize is 45 times the Championship. About 2 million to 90 million.

Frankly it doesn't matter whether we spend 10 million on 5 loanies... If they get us up it will be the best money we have ever spent; if we cannot buy them and pay the wages and dont want a 45 million stadium sat in the Champs then we have no choice.

All in all its a fairly simple equation to figure out.

Am I correct in saying that Bradley Orr represents him now?

WWonder if his visit last Saturday was more business than pleasure?

Ok 2+2=5 scenario

Well spotted, but I can't help thinking that a business trip wouldn't have seen Bradley Orr sitting in the Atyeo or any likely move for those players followed up with a massive bid for AG.

Let's hope there is something in it though!

Reuben Reid at PAFC is not the answer from the half a dozen times I've seen him play. Useful goalscorer at League 2, but didn't cut it at West Abrom earlier in career when he moved up the leagues from Rotherham (I think).

Is he related to Bobby....thought I'd heard that somewhere?

Reuben Reid at PAFC is not the answer from the half a dozen times I've seen him play. Useful goalscorer at League 2, but didn't cut it at West Abrom earlier in career when he moved up the leagues from Rotherham (I think).

Is he related to Bobby....thought I'd heard that somewhere?

Used to go to school with his cousin. Absolute grade A c*ck apparently.

It's a no from me.

I get that but maybe he's matured since then. I'm not sure on what we were offering him at the time, I remember Watford were interested? Perhaps he knew they would offer him a bit more.

The Sinclair situation is strange though.

If Orr is currently advising 18 year old Sinclair to reject a contract at Liverpool when he's barely broken through then that to me smacks of greed and poor advice apart from anything. Also means it's highly unlikely the player is coming here in the next month!

If Orr is currently advising 18 year old Sinclair to reject a contract at Liverpool when he's barely broken through then that to me smacks of greed and poor advice apart from anything. Also means it's highly unlikely the player is coming here in the next month!

True, to me obviously the best place for Sinclair is Liverpool; not really sure why he'd want to leave.

If we did somehow pull it off, would be quite a coup. It's definitely worth speaking to Orr, he'd be positive about Bristol and the club generally to his clients I'm sure.

True, to me obviously the best place for Sinclair is Liverpool; not really sure why he'd want to leave.

If we did somehow pull it off, would be quite a coup. It's definitely worth speaking to Orr, he'd be positive about Bristol and the club generally to his clients I'm sure.

He's not gonna go out of his way to do us any favours. He'll do what's best for Sinclair, and it's doubtful that means coming here at this moment in time.

Archived