IGNORED

Gayle And Gray No.... Who Next?

brad blit

Agreed but loaning is like renting a property - dead money.

It's just the opposite of the Gray thing.

Why spend big on a fee then balk at the wages only to get a loanee in on a massive wage, who isn't even your asset at the end of it?!

Quite simple as I said, we're not an attractive option at the moment, finishing mid table this season would make us a more attractive prospect for signing players next season. It's unlikely we are going to attract the best players in the division straight away as can be seen with Gray/Gayle.

vydra is available on loan

That would be nice. Proven goal scorer in this division.

If this is the case, I'd say he'd be a fantastic addition - proven at this level, and and both an excellent finisher and hard worker, from what I've seen.

Notice he signed a permanent deal there this summer, though; maybe not as available as all that?

Agreed but loaning is like renting a property - dead money.

It's just the opposite of the Gray thing.

Why spend big on a fee then balk at the wages only to get a loanee in on a massive wage, who isn't even your asset at the end of it?!

Depends how you view it I suppose.

The rental analogy is good but a rental property doesn't have the potential to earn you money. A loan can still fire you to the Premier League.

Personally I view the wages contribution for a loan to include an element of a 'transfer fee' just as clubs spread the cost of transfer fees across the length of the contract for accounting purposes.

That we won't have employment costs and employers NI is also quite significant I imagine.

Depends how you view it I suppose.

The rental analogy is good but a rental property doesn't have the potential to earn you money. A loan can still fire you to the Premier League.

Personally I view the wages contribution for a loan to include an element of a 'transfer fee' just as clubs spread the cost of transfer fees across the length of the contract for accounting purposes.

That we won't have employment costs and employers NI is also quite significant I imagine.

Yeah I think you can argue it both ways. If you assume the player purchased doesn't depreciate in value and you at least recover your outlay on sale then it becomes much of a muchness assuming they're on a similar wage.

But out of signing Gray or loaning Hooper for the same wage (speculative) I know what I'd rather.

Arnaud Lusamba- Central Midfielder... From Nancy in the Ligue 2 (where Kodjer came from) He scored 5 goals and started 30 times...

He's also played for France u16's, 17's & 18's...

This guy looks like a beast for his age and whether he was to be loaned out or start/come off the bench he's certainly got a bright future ahead of him!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arnaud_Lusamba

If this is the case, I'd say he'd be a fantastic addition - proven at this level, and and both an excellent finisher and hard worker, from what I've seen.

Notice he signed a permanent deal there this summer, though; maybe not as available as all that?

i heard it wrong sorry, the manager said he might go out on loan they are thinking about it.  forest have made an enquiry  for him on loan

i heard it wrong sorry, the manager said he might go out on loan they are thinking about it.  forest have made an enquiry  for him on loan

No need to apologise, fella!  And sound like you might have it right; if Forest have enquired, no reason we shouldn't.

Archived