IGNORED

Gayle And Gray No.... Who Next?

brad blit

Cotterill has to look at lower leagues and abroad. It is proving too difficult to get someone in from the championship and getting a youngster from the prem on loan can be risky, unless they are blatantly good enough, hard to tell with a lot of them. I can see though buying gray, even for that amount, would have been an investment that could have made us a profit, with more and more money being pumped into English football every season, had gray signed and scored plenty then he would be worth more than 8-9 million in a season or 2.

:laugh: Subtle, Andy!

@AndyStockhausen: As I reported last night, Andre Gray is not coming to @bcfctweets.

That isn't even close to what he said? He intimated that the deal may not go ahead, he did not report Gray wasn't coming

Honestly, it's like the kid with chocolate around his mouth claiming they don't know where the Mars bar has gone (without wishing to start another chocolate pun thread)

Brilliant - I suspect someone has had a complete meltdown and threatened to kill someone

Yes ,it was Steve Cotterill threatening to kill the next agent whose player we bid for successfully but who then held out for stupid wages we can't match.

I'm seriously struggling to think of a striker that has championship experience, the same attributes as both our recent targets and who's willing to fit into our wage structure, something has to give and I don't think it's going to be our wage structure.

There's very little of the transfer window remaining and we need at least 3 players that will add to our team.

The best chance we have is the last day of the window, and going back to our original targets in the hope that the club they may have been holding out for doesn't come back in for them, I know it's playing a dangerous game but we've show our hand, what more can we do?

Apart from research the foreign market, something we've already done and scour the lower leagues, something I feel we aren't willing to do as it seems we're looking for experience.

I'm seriously struggling to think of a striker that has championship experience, the same attributes as both our recent targets and who's willing to fit into our wage structure, something has to give and I don't think it's going to be our wage structure.

There's very little of the transfer window remaining and we need at least 3 players that will add to our team.

The best chance we have is the last day of the window, and going back to our original targets in the hope that the club they may have been holding out for doesn't come back in for them, I know it's playing a dangerous game but we've show our hand, what more can we do?

Apart from research the foreign market, something we've already done and scour the lower leagues, something I feel we aren't willing to do as it seems we're looking for experience.

Possibly the Charlton striker Igor Vetokele who scored 11 goals last season is the only I can think off and I'm not even sure he fits the profile. Think he's injured at present as wel so not really a lot going for him :)l

Think there is an implication that we are still a league one club in the heart of North Siberia with lots of money. They will regret this, Premier League football will be at a 26k Ashton Gate soon, I have no doubt about that.

I'll have what he's having...

Cotterill has to look at lower leagues and abroad. It is proving too difficult to get someone in from the championship and getting a youngster from the prem on loan can be risky, unless they are blatantly good enough, hard to tell with a lot of them. I can see though buying gray, even for that amount, would have been an investment that could have made us a profit, with more and more money being pumped into English football every season, had gray signed and scored plenty then he would be worth more than 8-9 million in a season or 2.

Do a lower league Man City, they built themselves on buying from the lesser teams in the top 5 leagues and they took their best players. We need to do that for League one and other European lesser leagues. 

That isn't even close to what he said? He intimated that the deal may not go ahead, he did not report Gray wasn't coming

Honestly, it's like the kid with chocolate around his mouth claiming they don't know where the Mars bar has gone (without wishing to start another chocolate pun thread)

Quite right too. We just need to be patient - we'll get there I have no doubt,

It's a Marathon not a Sprint.....

Think there is an implication that we are still a league one club in the heart of North Siberia with lots of money. They will regret this, Premier League football will be at a 26k Ashton Gate soon, I have no doubt about that.[/lets make these big time charlies they wish they had never turned us down. Sour grapes maybe.but how I would love it.like many I suppose tho.

Archived