IGNORED

Nfl 2015 Season

BS3_RED

On November 19, 2015 at 11:54, cityboy said:

I piled in at 6/1 on the Panthers to be NFC champs a while back. Odds are nothing like that now that they're sitting pretty at 9-0!!

But did I really see a Packers fan bemoaning supporting a rubbish team??? You should try following the Dolphins mate - inconsequential since the early/mid 90's... :(

And best not to even think about the Canes and how far they've fallen from their heyday!

A wise bet, how much did you win?

@northsomersetred - once the big game is out of the way, I'd be interested to see a mock draft from you, you appear to be the college game guru on here so seem like the best person to do one for us!

Just checked the CBS mock draft, both guys have the same top 5 - Tunsil to Titans, Goff to Cleveland, Bosa to SD, Jack to Dallas and Ramsey to Jags. I'm gonna need to see some trades in there too though mate :) 

3 hours ago, Woodsy said:

@northsomersetred - once the big game is out of the way, I'd be interested to see a mock draft from you, you appear to be the college game guru on here so seem like the best person to do one for us!

Just checked the CBS mock draft, both guys have the same top 5 - Tunsil to Titans, Goff to Cleveland, Bosa to SD, Jack to Dallas and Ramsey to Jags. I'm gonna need to see some trades in there too though mate :) 

Don't know about teams, you never know who'll trade up or down on draft day.

But top 5 i think will be as follows but

1. Bosa DE,

2. Treadwell WR,

3. Tunshill OT

4. Jack LB

5. Lynch QB

Don't be surprised if the Browns take Lynch over Goff. The thing to watch will be The Combine, if you have Gamepass well worth the watch. The scouts put a big deal on the combine performance.

One to watch out for!!

Baylor guard LaQuan McGowan 6'6" 410lbs!!

12 hours ago, northsomersetred said:

Don't know about teams, you never know who'll trade up or down on draft day.

But top 5 i think will be as follows but

1. Bosa DE,

2. Treadwell WR,

3. Tunshill OT

4. Jack LB

5. Lynch QB

Don't be surprised if the Browns take Lynch over Goff. The thing to watch will be The Combine, if you have Gamepass well worth the watch. The scouts put a big deal on the combine performance.

One to watch out for!!

Baylor guard LaQuan McGowan 6'6" 410lbs!!

Always have a flick through Bleacher Report at night, rumour on there from the Senior Bowl that Cleveland want to trade with Tennessee (!) to make sure they don't miss out on Wentz....he is making a real late run, considering no one had heard of him a month ago! Seen much of DeForest Buckner? From the little I've seen and read about him he looks like a player my Saints could do with? 

9 hours ago, Woodsy said:

Always have a flick through Bleacher Report at night, rumour on there from the Senior Bowl that Cleveland want to trade with Tennessee (!) to make sure they don't miss out on Wentz....he is making a real late run, considering no one had heard of him a month ago! Seen much of DeForest Buckner? From the little I've seen and read about him he looks like a player my Saints could do with? 

It's strange with the combine, teams will draft solely on the outcome of it. in years past some payers never bothered but nowadays if you don't go your stock will plummet and you could end up 3 or 4 rounds down.

What is funny over the years are the players that 'shrink' whilst at the combine. A college may have added an inch or two on a players height or 10-20lbs to try and boost his profile in the press and a run at the draft. When they get to the combine a few have found themselves slightly shorter and lighter than their college profile!

Combine wiki 

NFL combine

Combine records

Buckner has never really lived up to the rep he had from high school, probably go 1st round but only time will tell on his pro career. Just remember Clowney.

Wentz,well where do you want to start! Could well be another Big Ben! He came out of Miami, Ohio another lower division college like North Dakota, he has the size to go with it.

Both potential diamonds in the rough, interesting to see how they perform in the combine.

On ‎29‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 18:08, northsomersetred said:

It's strange with the combine, teams will draft solely on the outcome of it. in years past some payers never bothered but nowadays if you don't go your stock will plummet and you could end up 3 or 4 rounds down.

What is funny over the years are the players that 'shrink' whilst at the combine. A college may have added an inch or two on a players height or 10-20lbs to try and boost his profile in the press and a run at the draft. When they get to the combine a few have found themselves slightly shorter and lighter than their college profile!

Combine wiki 

NFL combine

Combine records

Ha, I've heard a few stories about players shrinking! I'll be keeping a bit more of an eye on it this year, that's for sure

On ‎29‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 19:35, northsomersetred said:

Buckner has never really lived up to the rep he had from high school, probably go 1st round but only time will tell on his pro career. Just remember Clowney.

Wentz,well where do you want to start! Could well be another Big Ben! He came out of Miami, Ohio another lower division college like North Dakota, he has the size to go with it.

Both potential diamonds in the rough, interesting to see how they perform in the combine.

Interesting how this kid has seemingly come from nowhere, everyone is now saying they were tipping him in October, but we obviously missed all the reports they wrote about them.....!

And first of the Super Bowl useless fact of the day

Cam Newton is the fourth quarterback in Super Bowl history to enter the game with 50 combined passing and rushing touchdowns in a season, along with Peyton Manning (SB XLVIII), Tom Brady (SB XLII) and Dan Marino (SB XIX). The three previous quarterbacks to have at least 50 combined passing and rushing touchdowns entering their Super Bowl start all lost the game, by a combined 60 points. 

Archived