IGNORED

Bucks Red,,, who are we thread

BigTone

Hi all

Rich here. Born in Knowle 1962 and moved out of the flats to Chiphouse Road, Kingswood when parents bought their first house in 1970. Vaguely remember Dad taking me and our kid ( brother ) to our first game in the mid sixties but City just always seems to have been in the blood really.

Loads of great memories of the boys home and away....those who were part of the Tipsy Tours drinking academy will all remember ( Arn! ) fun times such as kidnapping a passing Gashead and taking him to West Brom for a giggle...( still feel guilty about leaving him in Birmingham )

Skived off to the Army for 12 years which curtailed my City following somewhat, at least physically, but remain an avid addict to this day.

Now live in Wilts with the G/F about half a dozen miles from Sixfinger Town...which really is a horrible place that I never even drive through if I can help it.

Returned to this site after a long recess and still get to games when I can, although more away than home recently due to work commitments and the rebuild.

Pleased to ( virtually ) meet you all and Hi to those who already know me!

ok steve er,

Born in Bristol formative years in hartcliff, went to Teyfant junior school, [lived in teyfant walk]

Family then moved to south devon

But my best memory is coming back home to my nans every other weekend [Kerry road K.W.] having a clarks pie and then down to the gate, first city game us 2/ 0 leyton orient 67/68?

anyway going on many years I must have brought 30,40 non believers to the gate over the years.

Now for my sins i'm stuck here in spain, and my son has a season ticket in the new EAST END.

any chance of a lift from Alicante airport steve?

I'm Paul, mid 30's, born in BMH, grew up in Frampton Cotterell before moving into the St Philips area. Married but no kids.

My first game was in 1990 as the World Cup had stoked my excitement about football. I got my dad to take me to the footy and my first game was at home to Blackburn. I seem to remember we were losing at half time before winning 4-2. I haven't looked back since!

Well I am Rod Hiscocks and have been around this forum for many years. I started off as rod12 then moved to Redtotheworld and am now more peaceful as Longyears as I can't be bothered to argue so much. I am 72 years old and was born and bred in Saltford and have supported since I was 15. Had a season ticket for decades but now live in Yorkshire so a bit of a lurker on the forum these days - much enjoy reading the posts though !

I'm Paul, mid 30's, born in BMH, grew up in Frampton Cotterell before moving into the St Philips area. Married but no kids.

My first game was in 1990 as the World Cup had stoked my excitement about football. I got my dad to take me to the footy and my first game was at home to Blackburn. I seem to remember we were losing at half time before winning 4-2. I haven't looked back since!

my first game too Bob Taylor hat trick!!

First game back in the second tier under Jordan. I remember Mark Aizlewood and Nicky Morgan scoring. I think that the other two were Bob Taylor. Great game.

How do I know what the question was ?

How do I know what the question was ?

Stan, 19.

Live in Ashton Gate (The area not the actual stadium). Been a ST since I was 9 (I think). Currently at university but I have all my lessons in the football stadium which is pretty dope. Dad lived in north bristol and has all his family from way up north so he just decided to rebel against all his school friends and support city instead. Bloody good decision IMO. Can't remember my first game I just remember crying because it was all way too loud, the auto windscreens shield final when we lost 2-1 to Stoke is my first clear memory and my depressing visits to watch my team play have continued since that day. My favourite moment as a city fan was when my brother in law (Who was the team's PT for a while) managed to get me in the team dressing room before the game. The night before me and my other brother both decided to shave my hair off (I was 7 I was clueless about many things including fashion). When I entered the dressing room to be introduced to my heroes... Scott Murray came over and burst out crying because he thought I had leukaemia! 

I'm Nick Tippins from Yate, supported City all my life & my first game was when I was 3 (I'm now 43), Grandparents used to work down the Gate in various roles & that was how I was basically introduced.

I'm currently struggling to recover from a fractured spine, sternum & damaged right shoulder that happened back in February!!

I've had various jobs & been to a fair few places in the process.

Non-season ticket holder, which is just as well with my current health issues!!

I'm a concrete technologist, that reads through customers specifications and come up with the concrete to comply for that contract. I cover 50 ready mix plants in the south of the south of the UK. 

You must be really hard then

Probably set in his ways :whistle:

That's only reinforced my opinion of Redtone.

Graham, 52, grew up in St.George, where back in the 70s there were quite a lot of gas but my old man is from BS3 (Ashton Gate school) and knew what real football was. In fact at 74 he still goes bless him and so can tell me what watching John Atyeo was really like.

When I researched from family tree I found his side of my family had been in BS3 since the 1850s!

I've been a lifer since  around '71, going home and away from about 1980 as we plummeted down through the leagues and only since parenthood in 2004 did I cut back on the away trips. Senior manager in a Government Dept, having had a fairly "interesting" personal life for a while which saw me live in Worcester, Bath and a few parts of Bristol, I moved to BS3 not long before my daughter was born and so can walk to the Gate now.

First game back in the second tier under Jordan. I remember Mark Aizlewood and Nicky Morgan scoring. I think that the other two were Bob Taylor. Great game.

Yes it was a great game. Nicky Morgan's header from Dave Smith's cross stands out as one of my favourite City goals.

Thanks to all for contributing to this thread. For me at least it has put into perception who everyone is, what they do etc etc.  We've even brought a family together which was a lora lora fun chuck.

Now all we need is a forum get together's a couple of times a year .................. just an idea

My name is Tom Archer I came to Bristol as a student at the start of the 70s, came out of The Greyhound on a historic night in 1976 and heard a mighty roar roll up the hillside from Ashton Gate - promotion night! I wanted some of that and the hangover home end-of-season game was my first, behind the goal in the old Park End. More interesting perhaps was while I was a journalist (with Jonathan Pearce, Steve and Angus Scott all City boys) I not only worked with the bizarre Roger Malone (I remember being up in the tv gantry above the Williams with him refusing to climb down the ladder after a game because there were some naughty fans at the bottom singing his special song) but played a part in the ousting of the loathed chairman Les Kew. I think we all hated Kew and the dire period he was responsible for, and I remember him boasting to me about getting shot of Andy Cole as he was a no good, so it was amazing to be approached by a couple of blokes who reckoned they wanted to take over the Board and had the dirt that would finish Kew. To cut a long story short I was able to run a series of reports on HTV that led to the extraordinary general meeting at Whitchurch Sports Centre and Kew's removal. I wasn't alone in hoping that would lead to a new golden age, which of course it did not. 

Best memories - Terry Cooper (lovely man, told me his first job as manager was to tell the boys where to boot the ball out of defence), first Wembley, Chelsea thrashed in the rain and on TV, Andy Cole never failing, Jackie, Super Bob, Sean Taylor, the Goat...and now Flint and our Champions, who'd have thought it.

I don't live in Spike Island now, back in BS3.

I'm Nick Tippins from Yate, supported City all my life & my first game was when I was 3 (I'm now 43), Grandparents used to work down the Gate in various roles & that was how I was basically introduced.

I'm currently struggling to recover from a fractured spine, sternum & damaged right shoulder that happened back in February!!

I've had various jobs & been to a fair few places in the process.

Non-season ticket holder, which is just as well with my current health issues!!

Blimey Nick - get well soon mate.

From "Little Thong" !!

Archived