IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

16 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

My guess is that his Mrs was taking them and its got into his system somehow, both sides have confirmed it was a trace finding so could have been cross contamination rather than him taking it directly. All other samples have been clear as well.

As for discussing with Eubank having a say I can only assume Conor wanted to explain how it happened with him which if my theory is close then it would be a reasonable conversation to have with someone....maybe Eubank negotiated a bit of leeway in the rehydration clause as a result?

Of course it’s going to be a trace finding. They are professional athletes with doctors who know how to mask this stuff. It’s always a trace. There are no excuses, he’s been caught and he’s a cheat. 

20 minutes ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

Of course it’s going to be a trace finding. They are professional athletes with doctors who know how to mask this stuff. It’s always a trace. There are no excuses, he’s been caught and he’s a cheat. 

Eddie 'I will never work with drug cheats (apart from Whyte)' Hearn is on a sticky wicket now eh.

Let's be real, most of them are juicing-they're normally a bit better at it than this.

It really puts Benn's recent massive improvement under a great deal of suspicion. He caught such a hiding from Cedric Peynaud that he had to start gorging on steroids hahaha.

Edited by Stortz

31 minutes ago, TomF said:

Last Hearn quote I saw is "100% fight happens, but maybe not Saturday" so take that as off. 

Meanwhile Warren is loving it, while forgetting he flew in the Luxemburg board of control for Haye v Chisora.   

Press conference still going ahead today if that counts for anything.

2 hours ago, petehinton said:

They’ll lose so much cash now I think they’ll crowbar in anyway possible to make it happen. I’m also hoping to nab some PPV codes as I do a fair bit of work with DAZN so happy to share with the MVPs in here ??

My guess would be if the BBBoC say no.  They will already have the Lux board lined up to step in.

So as long as Eubank is happy to box, I would expect the fight to happen one way or another.

Would love a code if there are any up for grabs

Why would any governing body sanction this fight? Reputationally its a disaster for them isn't it? The Luxembourg route was used for Haye Chisora due to disciplinary reasons following the brawl in Munich which is a lot more justifiable than this particular event at the moment. The more likely route is that Matchroom win their legal discussions with BBBoC or hold it as an exhibition fight instead (in name only obviously).

When the news broke yesterday my initial thoughts were Benn wouldn't be the sort to do that but when you think about how sudden his improvement has been over the last few years it does raise a lot of suspicion, particularly when you look at the masking capabilities it has for steroid use.

I hope Eddie see's sense and pulls the fight as it isn't worth whatever money is on the line as the measures he's going to have to take will be damaging to Matchroom, he's done a lot of good for British boxing over the last decade but this would stink and would always be held against him. If the DAZN move was going better for him and AJ was still on top I think his judgement would be better and not so financially driven, maybe because he hasn't failed a UKAD test it opens up a lot of legal liabilities for them if the fight doesn't happen as CEJr could sue them directly so he has to show mitigation measures to ensure he isn't liable?

3 hours ago, petehinton said:

They’ll lose so much cash now I think they’ll crowbar in anyway possible to make it happen. I’m also hoping to nab some PPV codes as I do a fair bit of work with DAZN so happy to share with the MVPs in here ??

I think you're right.

He says he's not going down the foreign route, so I reckon Eddie will bully the BBBofC into allowing it somehow- the same way they were bullied into pretty much accepting Fury pissing hot. With the fairly meagre resources they have, they're scared to death of being bankrupted in court by a vengeful promoter.

Apparently the rehydration clause for Eubank is out of the window if it does go ahead haha- we're getting to the stage of the freakshow now where they might as well just say '**** it' and go for a ladders match too, maybe with Billy Joe Saunders running in at the end to chin the winner.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Stortz said:

I think you're right.

He says he's not going down the foreign route, so I reckon Eddie will bully the BBBofC into allowing it somehow- the same way they were bullied into pretty much accepting Fury pissing hot. With the fairly meagre resources they have, they're scared to death of being bankrupted in court by a vengeful promoter.

Apparently the rehydration clause for Eubank is out of the window if it does go ahead haha- we're getting to the stage of the freakshow now where they might as well just say '**** it' and go for a ladders match too, maybe with Billy Joe Saunders running in at the end to chin the winner.

You have to wonder what would happen if it goes ahead and there is a serious injury or worse.

29 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Yep, I just heard the same, boxing in general needs to take a long hard look at itself

Totally appreciate your sentiment, but 'boxing' didn't make Benn cheat, or make Edward try to force through a fight featuring a cheat.

These are decisions individuals make, not the sport as a whole. Hearn especially should have stopped digging days ago.

It looks like the governing body actually stood up to the cheats despite the threats and the vast money involved this time, fair play to the BBBofC imo. In this instance, the apparatus of the sport in the UK prevented an absolutely dangerous freak show from going ahead, it's to their credit.

Edited by Stortz

3 hours ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Why would any governing body sanction this fight? Reputationally its a disaster for them isn't it? The Luxembourg route was used for Haye Chisora due to disciplinary reasons following the brawl in Munich which is a lot more justifiable than this particular event at the moment. The more likely route is that Matchroom win their legal discussions with BBBoC or hold it as an exhibition fight instead (in name only obviously).

When the news broke yesterday my initial thoughts were Benn wouldn't be the sort to do that but when you think about how sudden his improvement has been over the last few years it does raise a lot of suspicion, particularly when you look at the masking capabilities it has for steroid use.

I hope Eddie see's sense and pulls the fight as it isn't worth whatever money is on the line as the measures he's going to have to take will be damaging to Matchroom, he's done a lot of good for British boxing over the last decade but this would stink and would always be held against him. If the DAZN move was going better for him and AJ was still on top I think his judgement would be better and not so financially driven, maybe because he hasn't failed a UKAD test it opens up a lot of legal liabilities for them if the fight doesn't happen as CEJr could sue them directly so he has to show mitigation measures to ensure he isn't liable?

I dont think they will hold it as an exhibition fight.

Because exhibition fights are not scored by judges, so should it go the distance.  There is no official winner.

Just cant see that being acceptable.

I'm just going to leave this here

That's from 2019. Look how tiny he looks compared to now too. He's gone from going life and death with a French bin man to banging out world title level fighters with single punches in a couple of years- and his physique is unrecognisable.

This one was very obviously staring us in the face all along.

Edited by Stortz
  • Like 1