IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

On 03/12/2022 at 21:53, joe jordans teeth said:

To think people actually went there in this weather and people actually paid near on £30 to put on their tv,I’m watching for free and I’m still disappointed :laugh: 

I went. Absolutely fantastic experience and I'd go again. 

First off I remember growing up and watching all the big fights at stupid o clock in the morning because they were held in Las Vegas. 

To see a British World Championship fight on British soil (although a forgone conclusion) is pretty rare. 

I'm never going to be able to afford to go to Saudi or wherever to watch Fury fight. I can forever say now I've watched (in my opinion) one of the greatest ever heavyweights fight in his prime, on British soil for 60 odd quid. 

And the opportunity to visit the Spurs stadium also, just wow! When people say it is the best stadium in the UK, they are not kidding! It looks great on TV but in person its just something else. Every little detail has been thought about. The concourses, even on Level 5, look like posh wine bars. Just simply incredible! 

The Dubios fight was also good. I thought he was a goner in the 1st round, looks like the early bell saved him. 

Singing Tyson Furys version of Sweet Caroline with 60k others was pretty special. 

And then Furys ring walk with 3 lions being played and Mr Brightside and the lightshow and the fireworks, just spectacular. 

The actual fight? A bit mehh but glad it wasnt over quickly. 

Tyson retained his belt. 

And then witnessing the handbags between Fury and Usyk as an added bonus. 

All in all, whilst the fight wasnt a memorable one. The whole day and the whole experience was completely unforgettable, and all for 60 odd quid. Bargain. 

On 04/12/2022 at 09:10, TomF said:

Pretty much forgot this fight was even on. Only 59k in ground suggests it wasn’t a mega sell out. Bet PPV buys were shite too. 

I think they sold out of the tickets they were allowed to sell. The overground station was closed so I imagine the local council issued a license for this event with a slightly limited capacity due to that. 

Edited by W-S-M Seagull
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, B1ackbird said:

Is Warrington going to get knocked out again tonight?

He's smearing vaseline all over his head now, getting ready to try and headbutt Lopez back to Maxicali!

Not sure about Ebanie Bridges as the co main, but at least her and her opponent hate each other.

Evening Bird!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stortz said:

Yay, the shit Geordie Ivan Drago is fighting now!

Evening mate

It's as White collar as it comes, still fun..

had to laugh at Jamie Moore on twitter who said the TV programme made in Bournemouth was Bewitched...

?

Edited by B1ackbird

24 minutes ago, B1ackbird said:

Evening mate

It's as White collar as it comes, still fun..

had to laugh at Jamie Moore on twitter who said the TV programme made in Bournemouth was Bewitched...

?

Evening Bird, I hope you're well!

4 minutes ago, Rob k said:

You watching this fight? Gibbs has had 3 points deducted as his gum shield keeps coming out 

Madness eh, did he leave his real one back at the gym?!

• Like 1