IGNORED

Crossing The Rubicon - Cotts Out?

samo II

wow??? Cotts out thread in September!!

truly pathetic. 

Did you read the first post?  

Not sure where I did more than ask a question based on what has been broached on other threads; if that makes me pathetic, so be it, but if you can't debate on a forum, why are any of us here?

But thanks for the feedback, spoons; really appreciate it.

Did you read the first post?  

Not sure where I did more than ask a question based on what has been broached on other threads; if that makes me pathetic, so be it, but if you can't debate on a forum, why are any of us here?

But thanks for the feedback, spoons; really appreciate it.

why in September do we need to debate sacking SC.??? Its a joke

Another Saturday, another bad defeat, level on points and goal difference with the bottom side, and only one game left in September.

At least one poster on another topic as broached the possibility of SC changing things fast or us getting shot of him, so thought I'd throw the question to the floor on its own thread...

Where's the line?  Is anyone of a mind we've got the wrong man in the hot seat?  At what point and under what conditions would that situation arise for you?

Yes it's another Saturday and another defeat. I'd argue that today has been our only 'bad' defeat this season though. If we'd been playing like we did today all season, perhaps we could be having a different discussion. However, the fact is we haven't and today's the only game that I've come away from feeling slightly disheartened; let's put this down to a bad day at the office and hope it's enough to give the team the kick up the backside that they need.

Yes it's another Saturday and another defeat. I'd argue that today has been our only 'bad' defeat this season though. If we'd been playing like we did today all season, perhaps we could be having a different discussion. However, the fact is we haven't and today's the only game that I've come away from feeling slightly disheartened; let's put this down to a bad day at the office and hope it's enough to give the team the kick up the backside that they need.

Post of the evening. 

samo,

stop hiding behind 'its what someone else said' !!! You have started this stupid topic so at least be big enough and brave enough to stand up and take the flak coming your way.

What flak?  Most people have taken this thread for what it was intended; only a couple of reactionary hot heads who seem to have negligible reading comprehension skills like yourself have seemed to have taken the use of the phrase "Cotts Out?", ingnored the question mark and fired off - look at my post history, and you'll find me firmly a fan of SC, and a stanch defender of him, but don't let that get in the way of your weird obsession of jumping on anything you even perceive as being negative towards the club.

I saw another fan say along the lines of SC needing to change something fast, or he needs to be gone, and thought it would be interesting to get that discussion out in the open; sorry you disagree, but until you run this place, you'll probably see the odd thing you disagree with being discussed being discussed - deal with it.

• Admin

If we were mid table or above it wouldn't arise, but we all know how easy it is for teams to get in the relegation zone and struggle to get out, a spiralling effect of loss,of confidence, heads down when a goal goes in and so it goes on.  A couple of wins could change all that, but another couple of losses, especially capitulations, will obviously deepen concerns, it would very disappointing to go back down with hardly a whimper, after being so dominant last season.  I have had to work so far and haven't seen a game, so cannot have any input on what is wrong, but I can understand the concerns.

What flak?  Most people have taken this thread for what it was intended; only a couple of reactionary hot heads who seem to have negligible reading comprehension skills Kiel yourself have seemed to have taken the use of the phrase "Cotts Out?", ingnored the question mark and fired off - look at my post history, and you'll find me firmly a fan of SC, and a stanch defender of him, but don't let that get in the way of your weird obsession of jumping on anything you even perceive as being negative towards the club.

I saw another fan say along the lines of SC needing to change something fast, or he needs to be gone, and thought it would be interesting to get that discussion out in the open; sorry you disagree, but until you run this place, you'll probably see the odd thing you disagree with being discussed being discussed - deal with it.

your post history is irrelevant . Your are judged by your latest thread. Pathetic, still I expect you are enjoying all this so I ain't even going to bother responding to this tripe.

your post history is irrelevant . Your are judged by your latest thread. Pathetic, still I expect you are enjoying all this so I ain't even going to bother responding to this tripe.

Wow.  You are possibly one of the most bizarre posters I've ever encountered on here; I'm almost impressed at the level of self-righteous mania you possess.

And for the record; I realise I broke the cardinal rule and engaged with a troll, but really couldn't let the rubbish you decided to fling stand unanswered.

Shine on, you (quite literally) crazy diamond.

wow??? Cotts out thread in September!!

truly pathetic. Can't even believe in replying to this. He like players will take time to settle in at championship. But I'm not naive, thought players and manger gad a stinker today. No plan b from cotterill today. But one bad day and a bad summer doesn't mean the sack. Hes got all season for me. Staying up is all that counts this season. Today was awful, but every other game we've been more than involved in chances etc. This is first game where we have looked outclassed and clueless. Get behind the team. Its going to be a long season

For arguments sake, say we're 9 points adrift in January - you absolutely wouldn't consider a change of management?

cotts is a legend to me and always will be but for godsake people now saying he's un sackable or give him 2 years?!? Have a word with yourselves..

we need to do whatever it takes to stay in this league and if that means getting rid of A manager then so be it..

put it this way if we're in league 1 next season the results will be catastrophic!!

Definitely no way to Cotts getting the sack.

He gave us the greatest season that I can ever remember in my lifetime.

The players are the ones who need to buck up. Agree that the 3-5-2 needs to go 

Not helping himself at the moment, why is he pushing around players to accommodate 3-5-2? Moore is not a RCB, Ayling is most certainly not a RWB. Heard on the radio that Reid been given MOTM 3 times at home, why doesn't he start then?

I would like to see Reid given a fair go. The fact he's got MOTM a couple of times doesn't mean much. He gets a LOT of slack as he's an academy product.

If we carry on losing and shippi g goals he will be gone make not mistake.

As brilliant as last season was lets be honest its not as of he wasn't backed by the board (hand picking pretty much the best players league 1 had to offer) so id be a bit careful when lording over that achievement as brilliant as it was too much..

We royally ****** up this summer in the transfer window (blame who you will for that) but ultimately the buck will lay with SC and with the stadium nearing completion League 1 is not an option...

And then we got said defenders. 2 from the premier league, one having a bunch of games and another u-21 talent. How did that go? I will be surprised if Moore and Baker play next time out, depending on how long Baker is injured for. Both have been poor, and our original 3 are better. 

Harsh to judge them on a couple of games with an awful defensive side but if they are bad ever wondered if the reason for that was because we got the scraps at the end of the window after fooling around for months

whoever decided to go after a £6 million striker when we had no midfield cover aside from Waggy is beyond saving.

Moore needs more time, he was no worse than Ayling, Flint or Bryan today

5 games? 

So our board should already be identifying potential targets? 

Yep, no time for being nice in football, we should always have potential targets lined up

Reading had Steve Clarke, managed at WBA, worked at Chelsea and Liverpool iirc so no mug (I know, I know, SoD is at Liverpool now but you get what I mean) serious footballing knowledge right there, that is the caliber of manager we are up against, not Bob McBob at Fleetwood Mac

Time for Cotts to earn his corn and (as I said last week) make some hard decisions. It's what he is paid for.

With the performances today he has to make changes but he looks (as mentioned by someone else in the week) he is way too stubborn. This was pretty evident in his after match interview - almost like he watches a different game to us every week.

I agree that he's got to make changes, but where and with what? The first two subs this afternoon were players who were on loan to league 2 clubs last season. Whilst they have come back better players, it's asking a bit much to expect them to turn things around. With the exception of Kodjia, the squad is no better than last season, but we're playing in a far better division.    

If we were mid table or above it wouldn't arise, but we all know how easy it is for teams to get in the relegation zone and struggle to get out, a spiralling effect of loss,of confidence, heads down when a goal goes in and so it goes on.  A couple of wins could change all that, but another couple of losses, especially capitulations, will obviously deepen concerns, it would very disappointing to go back down with hardly a whimper, after being so dominant last season.  I have had to work so far and haven't seen a game, so cannot have any input on what is wrong, but I can understand the concerns.

not sure what's going on we these quotes cant clear them, anyway to answer foggy. If 9 points adrift in January and transfer window still open I would consider a change. But this is just for argument sake.

this wasn't meant for maskonell red it was for p foggy

it's a discussion as to whether Cotterill should go or not.  I am fully aware of that.  The subject makes it a Cotts Out thread. 

Soliciting the opinions of fellow fans as to at what stage they'd consider a managerial change isn't the same as asking if it is time to get rid of the manager.

Because we went a whole season during which many fans were totally frustrated at not being able to raise the question.

Archived