IGNORED

Cardiff Away

Super

my point was you said you had better things to do with your time,and your right(showing my age),I and many have been to old Trafford and Highbury and Cardiff for decades,and I'm not about to stop going to make a lousy protest over sky or whatever,maybe you have got better things to do with your time then watch the city

Again what is your point?

You were making some a reference to Bristol City playing v Manchester Utd on a Monday night. There is no parallel. Restrictions have only ever affected a handful of matches which have not included Bristol City v clubs in the North.

I think it is simple.....some people will find the restrictions too much hassle and some won't.  Some will find the restrictions make it impossible.

Neither is right or wrong.  

Neither is more or less of a fan than another.

Football is very expensive, and some people might think that they won't go to Cardiff and save the money for a less hassling game away from home, or maybe at home.  That's a good option too.

Some may fear trouble and not want to go for that reason.

Each to their own.  Let's just support City in our way....and after three points (or three pints in the Sports Bar or local pub or armchair)....it won't make any difference.

#COYR

Fact is we have these restrictions because there are a minority of ***** in the fan base (like every club does) who showed us up last time. There are 2 ways to approach it, either no one goes, and the police will either think "that worked, let's keep it for future games" or "that was a waste of time, we won't do it next time". The alternative is as many people go as possible, but no one causes or gets involved with any trouble* and they think "do we need this in future games?"

perosnally Ill be going anyway, even though I got a 100 mile round trip for a game 10 miles from me

I'm going. It would've been impossible on a work day but I don't have work so I can make the trip. Think anyone who can should go. Not for any reason but to support the lads. Not everyone will share that sympathy and that's ok as well. It's one match and I hope we can participate with no incident and next time we can all go hassle free.

I'm going. It would've been impossible on a work day but I don't have work so I can make the trip. Think anyone who can should go. Not for any reason but to support the lads. Not everyone will share that sympathy and that's ok as well. It's one match and I hope we can participate with no incident and next time we can all go hassle free.

£5 ticket for Joe (plus £1 postage).

Free for me as carer

Free bridge crossing with Motability car

No 'school night' mum policy as its half term

Non Working day for me

Can go straight to ground.

First away game of the season (not counting Yeovil or Brislington).

Couldnt think of an excuse!!!! Can't wait!!!!

£5 ticket for Joe (plus £1 postage).

Free for me as carer

Free bridge crossing with Motability car

No 'school night' mum policy as its half term

Non Working day for me

Can go straight to ground.

First away game of the season (not counting Yeovil or Brislington).

Couldnt think of an excuse!!!! Can't wait!!!!

just think if they had made it easy for you!

....there is one downside....it's Wales!

Would someone mind picking me up an over-priced, cold sausage roll from the Services at J33.  Okay, I'm pushing it aren't I? :whistle:

A bloody big downside too, worst of all, I live there :facepalm: I woke up this morning and walked down through part of a wispy cloud on my way to the shops, and don't get me started on the accent!

And now because I don't drive I have to travel 100 miles for a game 10 miles away as I said earlier, and need to leave by half 1!

Again what is your point?     By not going to the game is making some huge statement,.

That was not answer to the question. You were attempting to make a parallel to a match that would require A – BCFC improving to a level they have to reached for 35 years B – Restriction placed upon games where it previously has not.

What was your point … Again?

Here is a contrary view to your own that veers away from protest  = Lousy.

Fans withdraw support all the time. We often have something better to be it a personal engagement, responsibility or reaction Mangers like Russell Osman, or relegation. Fans have boycotted games before v Cardiff / Swansea.

Supporter at Cardiff could be 1000 down. Fans cannot get to the game, fans are being inconvenienced, fans are being financially penalised, the experience has been devalued, some fans will not enjoy that experience of being a supporter of football at all. All non-lousy reasons to withdraw attendance.

And to think the police care if you don't turn up is laughable frankly

My view is that I don't give a flying one what the police care about, simply I would prefer the club to not condone bubble arrangements, and refuse ticket allocations that carry with them such travel restrictions.

My view is that I don't give a flying one what the police care about, simply I would prefer the club to not condone bubble arrangements, and refuse ticket allocations that carry with them such travel restrictions.

I'm going and perhaps did not think about it fully but I'm going now. I would love it for our club to flatly return any tickets with travel restrictions or tickets that are outrageously priced. However it won't do that as it is guilty of allowing travel restrictions and charging away fans £30.

Don't forget, iirc. correctly a total of 39 City fans were arrested in the aftermath of our last visit to Cardiff. Every single one was then charged, taken to court, found guilty, and received a minimum of 3 a year ban, though some up to three times that.

That ratio of arrests to convictions, and every single one of those convicted then also receiving bans, is unprecedented at any football match I've ever heard of.

I also remember someone at BCFC at the time being determined to turn the banning orders in to life bans from AG for all concerned, though there may have been second thoughts there.

The travel restrictions are just an added reason to boycott this game. Nothing would get me to attend this match, the chances of being arrested, getting a criminal record, and consequently being banned from watching City again are disproportionately too high.

big difference though last game we took a mob of 400 plus, Cardiff OB were expecting trouble coming from the alleyway between the prince of Wales, Kitty Flynns and through riverside. Cardiff turned out 30 and were humiliated, the OB were up for a scrap hence the conviction rate for that game!

Fair play to you, but if you think the game passing off without incident will in any way persuade the Heddlu not to try and impose this utter nonsense again you're simply dreaming.

Let's face it as the 100% conviction rate for last time shows, they hate us.

Let's face it. We will never truly travel freely to this fixture. It was no bubble last time but being herded up as soon as stepping outside the station to just stand outside one pub I couldn't get into because of the numbers we took and the Police were incapable of handling us going anywhere else, regardless of whether it was getting trashed inside, was hardly handing us keys to the City and then after having the Police travel back on the train with us to Temple Meads and get funneled to the exit where more Police were waiting to search people. Wow that was really travelling freely. I think being an evening game will always make this one a sod to get back from regardless if you got their easy. Unless you drive over that train back for some people is always gonna be at risk of leaving without you on this fixture unless they are kind a put a special on. So if they ain't got you one way, they got you another. So it's just a case of get over and support in full voice if you can and for those that can't now or won't, no worries we will sing our hearts out for you and the team anyhow and please give your all too.

Don't forget, iirc. correctly a total of 39 City fans were arrested in the aftermath of our last visit to Cardiff. Every single one was then charged, taken to court, found guilty, and received a minimum of 3 a year ban, though some up to three times that.

That ratio of arrests to convictions, and every single one of those convicted then also receiving bans, is unprecedented at any football match I've ever heard of.

I also remember someone at BCFC at the time being determined to turn the banning orders in to life bans from AG for all concerned, though there may have been second thoughts there.

The travel restrictions are just an added reason to boycott this game. Nothing would get me to attend this match, the chances of being arrested, getting a criminal record, and consequently being banned from watching City again are disproportionately too high.

If I get a criminal record, it'll be for something that's worth it!

Fair play to you, but if you think the game passing off without incident will in any way persuade the Heddlu not to try and impose this utter nonsense again you're simply dreaming.

Let's face it as the 100% conviction rate for last time shows, they hate us.

I've got no clue if no incident will mean no restrictions. I'm not English and didn't even live here last time we played them. It would have been impossible if I had work today. Here is to hoping there isn't a problem and that we have none or lesser restrictions next time. Can only hope but I've got no clue of the agenda of Welsh police. 

The problem is that there's nothing to stop people travelling to Cardiff without tickets and no intention to watch the game...just cause trouble.  Therefore the restrictions don't mean anything.  There is also nothing to stop Cardiff fans causing trouble at the services either.

• Admin

The problem is that there's nothing to stop people travelling to Cardiff without tickets and no intention to watch the game...just cause trouble.  Therefore the restrictions don't mean anything.  There is also nothing to stop Cardiff fans causing trouble at the services either.

Also in theory people COULD travel by train - so it's just a case of making it as hard as possible to get a ticket

I've got no clue if no incident will mean no restrictions. I'm not English and didn't even live here last time we played them. It would have been impossible if I had work today. Here is to hoping there isn't a problem and that we have none or lesser restrictions next time. Can only hope but I've got no clue of the agenda of Welsh police. 

Anybody who's been there does.

I would say that these arrangements increase both those possibilities.

Archived