IGNORED

Cardiff Away

Super

The first sign of madness is talking to yourself (unless you are wearing a cake for a hat*, then that is the first sign of madness).

Anyway, can we watch the game using Europe's biggest screen?  In the Sports bar?  When football is on.  Bristol City being one of the teams? Or is this just ridiculous idea?

*I'm not by the way.

OK, the second sign of madness is not reading down the forum.  Obviously :blush:

• Admin

Thought we would still sell 1500 tickets even with restrictions and sky

Me too - I would normally have gone by train but without the restrictions in place being on a Monday night there is no train home so it's road for me anyway

I would have thought that this would have been the same for many others

I  didn't.  Think it's form more than anything. Had we won a few more games we'd definitely take 1.5k IMO

Not the deciding factor for me. I was definitely going until the Heddlu stuck their silly restrictions regarding ticket collection.

Absolutely no justification for such draconian measures, and at my age I can't be bothered with such nonsense.

Not the deciding factor for me. I was definitely going until the Heddlu stuck their silly restrictions regarding ticket collection.

Absolutely no justification for such draconian measures, and at my age I can't be bothered with such nonsense.

Same for me. Wanted to watch my football club, not be treated like a criminal, hence my personal boycott of game

Phoned club earlier and we are around the 700 mark at moment. General sale phone sales go live tomorrow so hope we at least hit the 1000. Problem for many is because it's a week day combined with restrictions is getting away from work in time to get to services before the game. It's now going to be on in the Sports Bar so hopefully that doesn't put people off but nice club can make some extra cash on the side 

• Admin

740 sold to date. Personally feel it's good many seem to have taken a stand against silly restrictions imposed

Glad about that my voucher was in the low 100's

I wonder how they are going to enforce that the correct ticket goes to the correct person, apart from a random number there is no identifier on the voucher

I can't believe that they are going to have a list of names / numbers at the services to check - additionally I could have any name on my voucher and they wouldn't know who I was 

• Admin

I've just had a message from a friend in Weston that is driving across on Monday evening - he currently has two places in his car.

It would be better if you were not miles off the route, but it you are interested please send me a PM and I will forward on his contact details - he is not on OTIB

Don't forget, iirc. correctly a total of 39 City fans were arrested in the aftermath of our last visit to Cardiff. Every single one was then charged, taken to court, found guilty, and received a minimum of 3 a year ban, though some up to three times that.

That ratio of arrests to convictions, and every single one of those convicted then also receiving bans, is unprecedented at any football match I've ever heard of.

I also remember someone at BCFC at the time being determined to turn the banning orders in to life bans from AG for all concerned, though there may have been second thoughts there.

The travel restrictions are just an added reason to boycott this game. Nothing would get me to attend this match, the chances of being arrested, getting a criminal record, and consequently being banned from watching City again are disproportionately too high.

• Admin

Don't forget, iirc. correctly a total of 39 City fans were arrested in the aftermath of our last visit to Cardiff. Every single one was then charged, taken to court, found guilty, and received a minimum of 3 a year ban, though some up to three times that.

That ratio of arrests to convictions, and every single one of those convicted then also receiving bans, is unprecedented at any football match I've ever heard of.

I also remember someone at BCFC at the time being determined to turn the banning orders in to life bans from AG for all concerned, though there may have been second thoughts there.

The travel restrictions are just an added reason to boycott this game. Nothing would get me to attend this match, the chances of being arrested, getting a criminal record, and consequently being banned from watching City again are disproportionately too high.

Very valid point - been raised a number of times on here how the proportion of arrests to bans at Bristol City is massively out of kilter with anywhere else in the UK

This was written by the FSF "A statement on Bristol City FC's website makes it abundantly clear that the police are insisting on the arrangements due to disorder in Cardiff when the two clubs met in 2013 which saw 32 convictions for public order offences (there are varying degrees of public order offences encompassing anything from swearing through to extreme violence) with the main protagonists receiving suspended prison sentences and lengthy banning orders which are still in place today. -

NO IDEA WHY THE ABOVE IS REDACTED - BUT IT YOU HIGHLIGHT IT YOU CAN READ IT

To be honest 'boycott' or not 800 odd fans is pretty embarrassing for us.

Hate to say it but I bet Cardiff will sell their full allocation for the return game.

800 for a game 45 mins away against one of our main rivals is poor.

Also, why are the club only putting on coaches from AG? Previously they have done ones from Weston and Almondsbury for Cardiff away bubble trip. Given the tight timings with getting to the service station this would have been a good idea.

I was going, then the day was changed and I can't.

If I was going I'd want to go on on the train, the services ticket pick up pretty much stops that so that is another % of fans that won't be going.

It's on TV so a few would be put off by that

The banning orders from last time would sway some I guess.

All in all , the OB have done a number on us. They didn't want numbers travelling and they have done a good job of stopping that happening.

The following may not be great, but how many hoops should you have to jump through to see your team ?

I said this somewhere else but it's worth repeating. Cardiff will sell their allocation probably, their game's on a Saturday and not been nicked about by Sky.

its not like people don't want to watch this match, it's city v Cardiff afterall!! But for a lot of people this game is literally impossible to get too.

coaches leave too early and only go from one place, it's costs more money then a normal game (coach prices), and people don't like being hearded around like sheep by police who just cannot wait to bait you into being nicked. 

**** this game, **** sky, **** Bristol City and Cardiff for agreeing to this, I'd rather just find out the score. 

That`s me too. I just can`t be arsed with it all and the risk of someone innocently getting caught up in bother is just too high. The heddlu won`t give a flying one whether you actually did anything or not and the club will just go along with what they say as usual.

To be honest 'boycott' or not 800 odd fans is pretty embarrassing for us.

Hate to say it but I bet Cardiff will sell their full allocation for the return game.

800 for a game 45 mins away against one of our main rivals is poor.

Also, why are the club only putting on coaches from AG? Previously they have done ones from Weston and Almondsbury for Cardiff away bubble trip. Given the tight timings with getting to the service station this would have been a good idea.

It depends who your us is. 800 odd fans prepared to "Yes Sir, I will" can also be perceived as embarrassing.

Hate to say it but I bet Cardiff will sell their full allocation for the return game .. So what? That is a fan base that collectively lost any shame.

800 for a game 45 mins .. Poor? No there are better things to do with our time. Peoples time is expensive, valuable and clubs and authorities should not forget that. Many are taking the opportunity to remind them.    .

It depends who your us is. 800 odd fans prepared to "Yes Sir, I will" can also be perceived as embarrassing.

Hate to say it but I bet Cardiff will sell their full allocation for the return game .. So what? That is a fan base that collectively lost any shame.

800 for a game 45 mins .. Poor? No there are better things to do with our time. Peoples time is expensive, valuable and clubs and authorities should not forget that. Many are taking the opportunity to remind them.    .

people's time is expensive,as we are always told by people who won't go,protest my Arse,god forbid we make it to the prem and get man Utd away on a Monday night,will take about 10 at this rate

Dunno if I'll ever make it to this fixture, living in London means this current arrangement is impossible for me. I can deal with the 12pm thing but not Monday with a mad dash from the services. Will this be happening for years to come providing  we're in the same league? 

Dunno if I'll ever make it to this fixture, living in London means this current arrangement is impossible for me. I can deal with the 12pm thing but not Monday with a mad dash from the services. Will this be happening for years to come providing  we're in the same league? 

it is an absolute pain and makes it practically impossible to go for alot of people.  However those that can go should try. If no-one went as a complete boycott the Police could easily say well no-one turned up so we will keep it a bubble as couldn't tell if there was no trouble. As many as we can need to go to get this restriction lifted, assuming no trouble. Atmosphere at these types of games is what we go to football for, yeah some may go for other stuff, but that's what the Police are meant to be paid to manage properly. From what I can gather nothing really happened when they came to ours last under no restrictions, why was that? Were they suddenly well behaved or was it just Policed more effectively? When we went over last time it was ridiculous how we all got rounded up to basically stand outside one pub that no-one could get in and couldn't go anywhere for drink and food. If I hadn't taken some Gold with me last time I wouldn't have had anything to eat or drink until I got home. That's not Policing effectively. When we went to Swindon there was more freedom to at least go to more than one pub. 

people's time is expensive,as we are always told by people who won't go,protest my Arse,god forbid we make it to the prem and get man Utd away on a Monday night,will take about 10 at this rate

What is your point?

People who have seen Bristol City at Old Trafford, Highbury etc and have traveled to Cardiff over decades will not be attending this match

What is your point?

People who have seen Bristol City at Old Trafford, Highbury etc and have traveled to Cardiff over decades will not be attending this match

my point was you said you had better things to do with your time,and your right(showing my age),I and many have been to old Trafford and Highbury and Cardiff for decades,and I'm not about to stop going to make a lousy protest over sky or whatever,maybe you have got better things to do with your time then watch the city

Archived