IGNORED

ALL Rumours for January Transfer window (Merged)

fly in the air

I do think this is about expanding our options, so the idea of getting rid of Agard is a bit premature.

Wilbraham, Agard, Kodjia and maybe Burns (though think the latter seems to be seen more as a winger) don't offer us the range or pressure for places we need; someone else genuinely giving Wade and Permberton a headache would be good.

35 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Think it is difficult to compare Winnall, Bradshaw and Agard.  Agard may well have scored more goals, but was playing for a team (Rotherham in 13/14) that finished 4th, Barnsley and Walsall were mid table last season.  That could be worth factoring in. In Agard's defence, he played as a wide forward.

All in all, there probably isn't much between them all....the club need to decide whether any one of them would give us the best shot at staying up.

I like the comment about Winnall being 'all-action' - think that style would endear him to the fans.

Personally, I'd give either (not Ivor) a go.  Depends on £s I guess too.

Well Winnall has scored 15 in the league playing for a side that has been bottom half, whereas Bradshaw only has 11 playing for a side that has been in top six...

9 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Well Winnall has scored 15 in the league playing for a side that has been bottom half, whereas Bradshaw only has 11 playing for a side that has been in top six...

Yeah, this season's record much more impressive for Winnall.  Lee Johnson could do us a little favour and sell the club to him.

9 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

To be fair to myself Cliff, I did say that if City have explored all the options, and, after taking into account wages and likely effect on our relegation battle, still consider Matt Smith to be top of their list, then so be it.

I hope I've also made it clear that if that's the case, then I'd support that decision, and the player.

We may be 'utterly desperate for a forward' as you say, but if we're willing to pay through the nose - as surely Fulham would ensure we did - then the field of choice surely broadens.

After all if Smith proves unattainable I've no doubt someone will still be signed at the last minute, whether originally first choice or sixth, and as with MS they may or may not hit the ground running and have the desired effect.

We have been told City now have a scouting network in Spain and France, so it's inconceivable we haven't noted a few likely lads in these countries, perhaps even reasonably established and very exciting ones. Could City get better value there if the cupboard appears so bare in the FL that those of us on this forum can probably name the majority of the (few) players City might be considering?

If all else fails, as a last resort, perhaps we could look left - field and bring in Pearce to partner Baker and stick Flint up front, certainly when we're chasing a game. He would have many (though, admittedly not all) the attributes MS would bring to that position if we're looking for a mountainous battering ram to soften up the opposition defence, put them in disarray, and provide loose balls for the likes of Agard - or a newly signed chance taker - to pounce on.

I fully expect he'd power home a few headers himself too.

Flint and MS took up many similar positions at set pieces etc. while Smith was here and Flint's goal ratio decreased in that period as he gradually and temporarily took a less prominent role in the opposition box during MS's stay. 

I'll tell you what Noggers...

... I usually agree with your posts...

... but if we are talking about sticking Flint up front I'll see you at Colchester next season.

This morning's Stockhausen musings...

Morning all.@bcfctweets are trying to get two transfers done ahead of tonight;'s 11pm deadline.

Lots of people have asked me whether @bcfctweets are in for @bfc_official striker Sam Winnall. The answer is NO.

Stockhausen now saying we are trying to get a midfielder on a permanent deal and a striker on loan today.

Leaving aside the fact that would give us 6 loan players, 4 of whom would have arrived since Pemberton took over, whereas the other two (Baker and O'Donnell) are currently automatic choices, which means that Pemberton would have to leave out someone that has just signed, which on Saturday's evidence would be either Pearce or Gladwin (awkward), certainly until Fielding was fit at least, my guess is the striker is Macheda, who Cardiff want to move on and fits the type of player we need.

At this late stage as well very few clubs will release players that they want to keep for any fee, so I can't see us getting a more attractive target on board.

3 minutes ago, lenred said:

Same bloke that played for Crapdiff? Good player if so

Yep, he is a Welshie.

Lots of twitter chat about Walsall rejecting a bid for Bradshaw, don't know if this is old news.

One comical, but no doubt rubbish, tweet linked us to a loan bid for Peter Crouch! 

Archived