IGNORED

ALL Rumours for January Transfer window (Merged)

fly in the air

24 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

The guy is a poacher. Which we don't have. He's young, in form and fairly cheap it seems fine to me. In the summer Wilbs and Agard can go that's when we sign a top class striker. 

My concern is he won't be.

If he does come here for a relatively 'cheap' fee (for this situation, which would be £1 million or less), then I would be good business.

But when you think someone like Watt just moved to Blackburn for what looks to end up being about a million, I'd not want to see us pay more than that for someone without that lad's experience.

From what I've seen of Winnall at Barnsley, I'd prefer us to be in for him tbh; more all-action from what I remember, and have concerns over Bradshaw's fitness.

Since summer 2013 Bradshaw has 41 goals in 97 games, while Winnall has 52 in 121; more games, more goals, and Winnall doesn't take penalties, while around a third of Bradshaw's goals are (not a problem, but we need goals from open play).

Just my perspective.

EDIT - to correct myself on Bradshaw's penalties compared to Winnall's; in the last 2 and a half seasons Bradshaw has scored 4 pens (two each this season and last), and Winnall 2 (both season 13/14), so not that big a percentage either way.

12 minutes ago, samo II said:

Since summer 2013 Bradshaw has 41 goals in 97 games, while Winnall has 52 in 121; more games, more goals, and Winnall doesn't take penalties, while around a third of Bradshaw's goals are (not a problem, but we need goals from open play).

Good point about the penalties and without them it reduces his stats to a little less than 1 goal for every four matches.  A 12 goal  on average a season league player who contributes little else is not the answer to our problems.  Winall sounds like he would be the better option and is a more complete player. 

I did suggest Flint as a desperate measure solution some weeks ago to much amusement on here. I still think that towards the last 30 minutes of games especially it makes an interesting option and, for sure, we can't score less goals by trying it .  Also, it doesn't weaken us defensively as playing a goal sniffer would and Aden can of course help out at set pieces at our end as well.  At the very worse it would enable JK to take up his best position and that definitely isn't as a lone striker. I'd rather we looked at that option rather than Bradshaw.

Any option has to be noticeably better than Agard.

That is not a dig at Agard, who personally I do not mind as a squad player, chipping in 3 goals in not much playing time. Scored well in league 1, not checked but I would guess on a par with some of those being mentioned in that league. If push came to shove, I would rather stick than bring in somebody who is not really clearly better. Sure, if there is a good one out there we can snag, lets have them, but for me its about not entirely relying on our forwards. Goals from elsewhere seem to have entirely dried up.

I guess there in not a team in this league who would not like a twenty a season striker. Finding them in the problem. 

4 minutes ago, bcfcnick said:

Good point about the penalties and without them it reduces his stats to a little less than 1 goal for every four matches.  A 12 goal  on average a season league player who contributes little else is not the answer to our problems.  Winall sounds like he would be the better option and is a more complete player. 

I did suggest Flint as a desperate measure solution some weeks ago to much amusement on here. I still think that towards the last 30 minutes of games especially it makes an interesting option and, for sure, we can't score less goals by trying it .  Also, it doesn't weaken us defensively as playing a goal sniffer would and Aden can of course help out at set pieces at our end as well.  At the very worse it would enable JK to take up his best position and that definitely isn't as a lone striker. I'd rather we looked at that option rather than Bradshaw.

I corrected myself, as was a little harsh on Bradsaw; he has 37 from open play in 97, so a goal every 2.6 games (imagining he plays a full 90 mins).

Winnall on the other hand has 49 in 121 from open play, which is a ratio of 2.4; a little better.

Winnall scores a lot of different types of goals too - decent in the air, can hold off a defender, and also has some excellent finishes from outside the box.

3 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Hopefully we have already reconsidered and are looking elsewhere.

An expensive loan with a player who allegedly doesn't really want to come here, only wants to get fit for the Euro's, bearing in mind with the lack of choice he is definitely already in the squad anyway and is hardly going to be fully committed in case he get's injured and misses the Euros.

it's a no for me in our current position, we need fully committed players.

Not sure I agree with you that he wouldn't be 'committed' - I've seen him play live quite alot and he seems to be a 'give everything for the shirt' type player. I don't think he'd tiptoe through games to avoid injury because if I was his international manager and saw him do that I wouldn't pick him anyway because he if he was that type of player then he'd tiptoe through international games too to avoid missing games (potentially) later in the tournament or to avoid missing club games.

He just doesn't strike me as that sort, and as I've said, I have seen him play live quite a few times...

Yes, it looks like Bradshaw's only taken one penalty this season which makes it 13 from 30 appearances - not bad at all.   Perhaps the best option is to go for both Bradshaw and Winall and see if either Barnsley or Wallsall would take Agard in exchange.  They ae different types of players so could do well in combination.  There would still be plenty of change / cash left even if both were signed on both transfer fees and wages compared to the pointless targets we were going for earlier in the season. 

LAFFERTY DEAL BREAKS DOWN

Norwich striker Kyle Lafferty is facing more transfer frustration after a return to Sion broke down.

The Swiss club had made a move to take the Northern Ireland international on loan until the end of the season.

But Lafferty is keen to stay in England ahead of Euro 2016 and now faces a race against time to secure a move away from Carrow Road before Monday's transfer deadline.

11 minutes ago, Coombsy said:

LAFFERTY DEAL BREAKS DOWN

Norwich striker Kyle Lafferty is facing more transfer frustration after a return to Sion broke down.

The Swiss club had made a move to take the Northern Ireland international on loan until the end of the season.

But Lafferty is keen to stay in England ahead of Euro 2016 and now faces a race against time to secure a move away from Carrow Road before Monday's transfer deadline.

My choice would be Lafferty now it seems Norwich will except a loan deal. Chance to play in the Euros will make him hungry to succeed. Good in the air, so would help Koj as well. As suggested by others sign our new loaned keeper if necessary to overcome the loan problem. He was excellent yesterday

7 minutes ago, bcfcnick said:

Yes, it looks like Bradshaw's only taken one penalty this season which makes it 13 from 30 appearances - not bad at all.   Perhaps the best option is to go for both Bradshaw and Winall and see if either Barnsley or Wallsall would take Agard in exchange.  They ae different types of players so could do well in combination.  There would still be plenty of change / cash left even if both were signed on both transfer fees and wages compared to the pointless targets we were going for earlier in the season. 

Agard scored 21 league goals in div.1 two years ago, a figure, as far as I can see, neither Winnall and Bradshaw have matched.

All 3 are about the same size, 5'10 - 6ft, so none are particularly built as a target man.

If we go down, Agard would seem to be as good a bet as either of the others to score highly in div.1, and there is nothing to say either would score more than him at this level.

If we're looking for something different Winnall would probably be the better bet. He's the biggest and apparently has the most variety in his finishing, i.e.scores from outside the box, though at 25 he is 2 years older than Bradshaw.

But if Agard had scored 15 for a team this season in L1 - like Winnall - no doubt many would be saying he's the one we should be going for now.....

Im confused at the fact that we (allegedly) turned to Bradshaw after Smiths move was blocked. Two completely different strikers. Smith wouldn't bag us loads of goals but would be a good partner for any of our strikers, whilst Bradshaw is a poacher and potentially wouldn't  be comfortable playing a loan role up front.

Surely if we decided a Smith type player is what we need why aren't we going for the next best target man option?

You could even say the same about our (once again alleged) midfield targets. Back and Gilbey play completely different roles don't they?

1 minute ago, Sargent Pepper said:

Im confused at the fact that we (allegedly) turned to Bradshaw after Smiths move was blocked. Two completely different strikers. Smith wouldn't bag us loads of goals but would be a good partner for any of our strikers, whilst Bradshaw is a poacher and potentially wouldn't  be comfortable playing a loan role up front.

Surely if we decided a Smith type player is what we need why aren't we going for the next best target man option?

You could even say the same about our (once again alleged) midfield targets. Back and Gilbey play completely different roles don't they?

Not sure about the strikers but we have needed both a DM and AM. Gilbey`s the DM and after the Dack knock back, we got Tomlin in which probably wouldn`t have happened if we`d got Dack. I can`t see us getting Dack now and nor should we IMO.

5 minutes ago, Alex#40 said:

Stocky says Gilbey not happening now. What an angel of doom that bloke is this evening!

He said that of Nathan Baker too. He might be a hack, but it seems he burnt his bridges at AG. I take no inference from his job title, he appears to me to know absolutely diddly. 

Even our owner says we conduct our business in private until the club tell us otherwise. That means jog on Stockhausen. 

8 minutes ago, SDBS36 said:

Only problem with that is we are creating chances but no one to put the ball in the net

Kodjia has 10 which IMO is a sound amount for a bottom 3 team's striker(Yes he probably could've scored more but some of his goals were his own doing out of the blue). However Baker, Freeman, Burns, Bryan, Flint and Williams are the only non strikers who have any goals, a combined number of 7. Having players apart from Kodjia scoring is incredibly important too. If they had more then I don't think people would be talking about Kodjia only having 10.

13 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

I would rather we bought another central/defensive midfielder than another striker. 

You are joking I guess , whatever else we need , the need for a decent striker is overwhelming , we have no championship strikers of real class bar Kodja who will burn himself out at this rate, our goal scoring record is abysmal especially in the last few months.

6 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Kodjia has 10 which IMO is a sound amount for a bottom 3 team's striker(Yes he probably could've scored more but some of his goals were his own doing out of the blue). However Baker, Freeman, Burns, Bryan, Flint and Williams are the only non strikers who have any goals, a combined number of 7. Having players apart from Kodjia scoring is incredibly important too. If they had more then I don't think people would be talking about Kodjia only having 10.

But Kodjia needs help, Saturday there were balls into the box but no one getting on the end of them, agree more people need to be scoring but you need your stirkers to be converting more of the chances

36 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Agard scored 21 league goals in div.1 two years ago, a figure, as far as I can see, neither Winnall and Bradshaw have matched.

All 3 are about the same size, 5'10 - 6ft, so none are particularly built as a target man.

If we go down, Agard would seem to be as good a bet as either of the others to score highly in div.1, and there is nothing to say either would score more than him at this level.

If we're looking for something different Winnall would probably be the better bet. He's the biggest and apparently has the most variety in his finishing, i.e.scores from outside the box, though at 25 he is 2 years older than Bradshaw.

But if Agard had scored 15 for a team this season in L1 - like Winnall - no doubt many would be saying he's the one we should be going for now.....

Agree with this.

Winnall is about 18 months older than Bradshaw, but still only 25/26, plus his game is more about pace and power, which could suit how we are seemingly lining up.

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I reckon the lad Brett Pitman from Ipswich meets that job description...

Save the abuse...but he's proving a lot of people wrong...

Lots of us liked Pitman and thought he was treated unfairly, wish we had him now 

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Spot on.

We all know we need a striker but there is no point at all in us signing someone tomorrow simply for the sake of it.

Agard is now being considered on here as someone we could get rid of tomorrow when as Nogbad points out, if we were linked with someone in League One now who had scored the number he did last season 90% on here would be happy.

Let's remember his goals this season (in limited opportunities) have come against West Brom, Hull and Leeds. I'm not convinced he is the long term answer but don't write him off, at least as someone who could usefully contribute between now and May.

Think it is difficult to compare Winnall, Bradshaw and Agard.  Agard may well have scored more goals, but was playing for a team (Rotherham in 13/14) that finished 4th, Barnsley and Walsall were mid table last season.  That could be worth factoring in. In Agard's defence, he played as a wide forward.

All in all, there probably isn't much between them all....the club need to decide whether any one of them would give us the best shot at staying up.

I like the comment about Winnall being 'all-action' - think that style would endear him to the fans.

Personally, I'd give either (not Ivor) a go.  Depends on £s I guess too.

42 minutes ago, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

Stockhausen really doesn't know his ass from his elbow does he! If he tweeted that the grass is green and the sky is blue I would start to question it!

out of interest what is his incentive to pretend to be in the know? 

Stockhausen doesn't know shit from putty, that's why he was sacked from Ashton glass.

Archived