IGNORED

Cotterell Sacked [confirmed]

Buckeyed

Looks like it's true , i trust Fordy .

I posted that i thought he'd shot his bolt . I just think that something happened in between the end of last season and the beginning of this one because Cotts was a changed man .

I think the timing is lousy ,he should have been relieved of his burden at least a month ago . He's had the look of a dead man walking for way too long now .

The big shame is that he was allowed to burn out so quicky . That man gave his all to the club ,the players and the fans and i am very greatful for what he has done for us .

Now he needs rest and to come back stronger for another adventure .

As for the board , should have had the courage and intelligence to act sooner . They better have someone lined up as we are in the brownstuff and need signings quickly or our next manager will be managing in League 1.

Thank you for everything Steve ,good luck for the future .:clap:

The board ,you need to deliver big time and now .

Not happy with this at all if true. I can remember that last shower we  had to watch in the championship and this felt different. The players were clearly behind SC and wanting to do well for our club. It was often individual mistakes that cost us, not a lack of passion or effort that had been seen the last time we graced the championship! This is a young group who were learning on the job, while being protected by their boss. Something I believe they were well aware of. We asked ( or at least most of us ) for entertaining football played the right way. Not the drivel of the past, lumping it up front to one striker only to see it come straight back! We had it, we were a couple of players away from being a good championship team I believe. And we have possibly chucked all that good work out of the window. This modern football is really starting to  p@ss me off. Fickle fans, yes every club has them. But I don't give a s@@t about other clubs. So here we go again, start over with a new bloke. I just hope we don't revert to short term planning like we have done before!  Agghhh

6 minutes ago, bemmyredjeff said:

Typical on here, the news that most of us want and then most start feeling sorry for him.

Its a ruthless game , that's how you have to be to succeed.

Its true, it is also sad and due respect needs to be given.  But the time was overdue however painful it seems.  I have seen Joe Bryan a shadow of his previous form and that is down to the previous manger.  Irrespective of transfer policy been a fiasco, tactics and inflexibility have been matter which Coots had control over but seems unwilling or unable to change / adapt. 

Can it be a good day and a sad day?

I think it can. No other option after the last few interviews with cotts was impossible for him and lansdown to work together someone had to go and I guess it aint gona be the owner!!!

Roll on, roll on the dice who's next ? .... knows life's never dull down the gate and unless they already have a new man in place, ha,ha.ha,ha,ha,ha.

I look forward to the next 70 threads on who will be next?

Thanks cotts for apart from our promotion season to the top flight, was the best last season x

Archived