IGNORED

Cotterell Sacked [confirmed]

Buckeyed

6 minutes ago, Harry said:

Those questioning the timing, McInnes was sacked only a day earlier. And we had plenty of time to stay up that season, but sadly didn't. 

In my view, this is 8 months too late. Cotterill was never the man to lead us in the championship. Thanks for getting us here, but he's not cut out for this level. 

8 months too late that is utter nonsense.

The first sentence is historically correct but 'sadly' doesn't even come into it, there appeared little or no attempt to fight against relegation.

Aspirations of being a premiership club ? 

When will they realise saying shit like this is what winds people up ... Don't say this shit and then refuse to pay going rates in the championship ... 

To get to the prem, you gotta get promoted from the championship, to do this you need good solid championship players who require championship salaries ... 

Deluded doesn't come close 

7 minutes ago, GILLI said:

Who is this Keith Dawes who speaks ? Apparently he's our chairman .... ? 

Bristol City FC has announced that manager Steve Cotterill has been relieved of his duties with immediate effect.

The club has failed to win in seven matches and sits in the bottom three of the Sky Bet Championship.

Club chairman Keith Dawe said: “I brought Steve Cotterill into Bristol City just over two years ago as I believed he could keep us in League One that year and build from there.
Read more at http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/steve-cotterill-relieved-of-his-duties-2902393.aspx#jqwOzT5k4K9B0Ybk.99

Well known down the gate, keeps us informed all the time.....wots he look like ??????

Fact is, with all the 'it's over we are down', on our current form we were going that way anyway.

Either the squad, tactics, or the manager had to change to give us a chance. Who knows who was responsible for the former, but he did show an unwillingness to use players who came in, and seemed unable to attract players. It seemed from a distance the money was there, but would not settle for what seemed to him second best, and meant we actually ended up with no one. Tactics equally were never ever going to change. That left only one variable to change.

Sad yes, of course, and many great memories. Wish him well. Only real criticisms of SL is that as a deep down decent man he was not ruthless enough to do this a month ago. 

May not be a great one, but from my perspective we have now given ourselves a chance.

Thanks for the memories Steve.

We need to push on, not go backwards. 

Wasn't one who was spouting bile when Cotts was appointed, thought he was brilliant for us in League 1 but, for whatever reason, we are going backwards with no sign of improvement. 

Gutted,  as I really wanted it to work out and loved the guy's passion, desire and style of play.

With SoD there was uproar from some at the decision to dispense with his services and look how it turned out. Another brave and bold decision here from SL. Just hope we have someone decent lined up that can secure safety in the first instance.

Thanks Cotts for a couple of truly great seasons. 

I actually feel sick. I am gutted, not particularly over Cotterill who is probably better off out of it as he was going to kill himself with the strain and I wouldn't want to be part of that. But more gutted that once again we have failed in keeping a manager and building a future. What a shambles of a club to treat a bloke like that, make him do a press conference and hours later sack him. I guess comments and frustrations he showed in that meeting was the final straw. 

Still gutted though. Only Moysie will save my feelings I think.

2 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

Sacked mid way through the window - MID WAY THROUGH THE FRICKIN WINDOW!!!!!!!!!!!! Where's the logic?

No chance now that a new manager will be in place in time to assess the squad, identify replacements and negotiate deals.

It gives the new guy (if done quickly) a little bit of time to get players in, earlier may heve been better but I think new players turning us down may have sealed his fate, or at least helped toward it.

2 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

Sacked mid way through the window - MID WAY THROUGH THE FRICKIN WINDOW!!!!!!!!!!!! Where's the logic?

No chance now that a new manager will be in place in time to assess the squad, identify replacements and negotiate deals.

A "plan" more cunning than anything Baldrick could come up with.

6 minutes ago, GILLI said:

Aspirations of being a premiership club ? 

When will they realise saying shit like this is what winds people up ... Don't say this shit and then refuse to pay going rates in the championship ... 

To get to the prem, you gotta get promoted from the championship, to do this you need good solid championship players who require championship salaries ... 

Deluded doesn't come close 

never a truer word said

9 minutes ago, Cider_boy said:

Based on that closing line, I remain optimistic about plans to take the club forward.

Cotts had run out of ideas, and may have been a problem signing some players, but will be remembered well for what he achieved for us last season.  Now this has happened, we need to put it behind us quickly, and move forwards with a new sense of purpose.

Although I don't like how high up the list Cooper and Hollowhead are:

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/bristol-city/next-permanent-manager

Haha. Nearly spat out my tea when I saw Alan Curbishley. Please no. We'd never hear the end of it. 

This clubs board and owner are crazy, Sacking SC maybe yes maybe no. But if they want to get to the premiership, then they have to pay the wages (which seem to be the problem again) either Cotterill or Lansdown is lying, both have good form for it.  But the bleating that goes on about being bottom 4 or whatever it is for wages, well hey ho, then expect to be in the bottom 4,don't spout bollocks about being in the premiership.  Don't spunk 45 million on a potential Div1 stadium, 

Either aim for the premiership, or don't, none of this half hearted BS pinned onto the back of a big stadium.  Wool over the Eyes yet againvby SL

With the fact that a lot of the fanbase was still supporting Cotts and the fact that we're halfway through the transfer window, I would be utterly amazing if we haven't got someone lined up. 

I honest think we've got a fairly big name coming in. 

26 minutes ago, Harry said:

Those questioning the timing, McInnes was sacked only a day earlier. And we had plenty of time to stay up that season, but sadly didn't. 

In my view, this is 8 months too late. Cotterill was never the man to lead us in the championship. Thanks for getting us here, but he's not cut out for this level. 

In 2013 we had a team not playing for the manager, playing horrible football and having just been on a run of eight defeats in a row. We're nowhere near as bad as we were then Harry.

Archived