IGNORED

Cotterell Sacked [confirmed]

Buckeyed

Article was on HITC I think but has disappeared. Seems like that rumour he had resigned a while back - hard to believe. Would the club really be stupid enough to stick this long then get rid at the worst possible time?

If true I would suspect him telling the press that Clough didn't come because of wages would be behind it. He has consistently contradicted what SL was saying which, if I was SL, could be reason to get upset.

Club statement as manager leaves Ashton Gate.

Bristol City FC has announced that manager Steve Cotterill has been relieved of his duties with immediate effect.

The club has failed to win in seven matches and sits in the bottom three of the Sky Bet Championship. 

Club chairman Keith Dawe said: “I brought Steve Cotterill into Bristol City just over two years ago as I believed he could keep us in League One that year and build from there. 

“Steve did keep us in the division and went on, in conjunction with the rest of the organisation, to deliver a League One championship and Johnstone’s Paint Trophy. That season will live in the memory for a long time. 

“Sadly, since the highs of last March and May things have not gone our way on the pitch and Steve has now left the club.” 

Assistant manager John Pemberton and Under-21 manager Wade Elliott will take charge of the team in the interim period. 

The club will now be looking to recruit a new head coach. 

Dawe added: “I thank Steve Cotterill for all his efforts over the last two seasons. Sadly we haven’t managed to push on from last season and the time has come for us to all move forward. 

“The club’s aspiration is to ultimately become a Premier League club and this decision has been made to achieve our overall strategy for growth and player development.”

Read more at http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/steve-cotterill-relieved-of-his-duties-2902393.aspx#fzHCE63p0ZkUR9JR.99

Archived