IGNORED

Season ticket prices 2016/2017

Snufflelufagus

On 2/29/2016 at 22:49, Sixtyseconds said:

Harry ... Ciderup won't want to read al that mate.

15 hours ago, Three Lions said:

Top post basso. just red, cynic, ciderup and rich should be taking the lead. so they can get mates to help out with all the ideas they have and they are off. the floor is theirs.

After reading the remainder of this thread, both these posts have vindicated my decision earlier to leave it after a civil discussion with PF / WTMS et al, with no name calling or point scoring. Harry's post was excellent (yes, I read it 60 seconds, all of it, an excellent post, unlike yours) but it proves that having a view that doesn't fit with some is met with rubbish!

Thanks to those posters for the great discussion and I accept your views but this totally shows why anyone with an alternative view doesn't post on here! Wanting something different seems to be met with ridicule or plain ignorance.

14 hours ago, hodge said:

Main problem I see is that the lower dolman is still fairly expensive (up to £38) for frankly a poor view, trying to get people to group together there could be difficult. The idea is nice, but practicality could be difficult.

Bristol Sport suggestion was to use Dolman A-B. That would have been problematic. Likely to have caused ill feeling, and would have inconvenienced a significant proportion of fans.

Bristol Sport were not unreceptive to the idea of using the lower sections. 

Ashton Gates pricing is a topic that should be addressed in its entirety.

13 minutes ago, WTMS said:

Bristol Sport suggestion was to use Dolman A-B. That would have been problematic. Likely to have caused ill feeling, and would have inconvenienced a significant proportion of fans.

Bristol Sport were not unreceptive to the idea of using the lower sections. 

Ashton Gates pricing is a topic that should be addressed in its entirety.

I am sceptical about just how many fans this would have inconvenienced. Fans will be migrating all over the place next year and I expect many in the Dolman will head for the West Stand. At worst those in Dolman A/B would have to shift across a bit - hardly the end of the world?

Were there not season ticket holders in the old Williams who were inconvenienced when the group moved in there?

Whilst I understand the respect shown to current Dolmanites, I'm not sure it was that much to ask to achieve the ultimate goal of home fans in three stands, which still seems like the best and most obvious solution to me.

19 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I am sceptical about just how many fans this would have inconvenienced. Fans will be migrating all over the place next year and I expect many in the Dolman will head for the West Stand. At worst those in Dolman A/B would have to shift across a bit - hardly the end of the world?

Were there not season ticket holders in the old Williams who were inconvenienced when the group moved in there?

Whilst I understand the respect shown to current Dolmanites, I'm not sure it was that much to ask to achieve the ultimate goal of home fans in three stands, which still seems like the best and most obvious solution to me.

I am sceptical about just how many fans this would have inconvenienced .. Fans have been in those seats for decades. Fans in the Atyeo know those people. If only 25% do not wish to move .. Harrys post and others deal with that.

Were there not season ticket holders in the old Williams who were inconvenienced when the group moved in there? It was sparsely populated previously. A pre trial was organised by fans v MK Dons - No complaints.

The most logical and respectful option is the one that is being taken. It also has a lot of potential. 

4 minutes ago, WTMS said:

I am sceptical about just how many fans this would have inconvenienced .. Fans have been in those seats for decades. Fans in the Atyeo know those people. If only 25% do not wish too move .. Harrys post and others deal with that.

Were there not season ticket holders in the old Williams who were inconvenienced when the group moved in there? It was sparsely populated previously. A pre trial was organised by fans v MK Dons - No complaints.

The most logical and respectful option is one that is being taken. It also has a lot of potential. 

The most respectful option, yes. The most logical, I'm not so certain. The stadium is unlikely to change much again for 20 years, so with these arrangements the die is being cast for a very long time. The solution is not a bad one, but it does feel like an avoidable compromise.

What happens to the Atyeo home fans for a cup tie when away fans will potentially need the whole Atyeo? They have to move, or the away fans go elsewhere. That's not the logical solution in my book, because you avoid that if you put all home fans in three stands from the start.

3 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

The most respectful option, yes. The most logical, I'm not so certain. 

Points in your post have already been answered in what is a lengthy thread.

Fans in that Atyeo have opted something through their own experience and via meeting Bristol City - Sport. It is an informed logical choice.

2 minutes ago, WTMS said:

Points in your post have already been answered in what is a lengthy thread.

Fans in that Atyeo have opted something through their own experience and via meeting Bristol City - Sport. It is an informed logical choice.

Looking at a stadium with three connected stands and one independent stand capable of housing enough away supporters for all scenarios, I will respectfully disagree.

Some people like to stand and move around and that is not possible anywhere else. I think its amusing that people who have no desire to be in the Atyeo themselves want to dictate to those who do

I think the club would like to rid itself of such fans but until it can fill a stadium with sitters it will listen to their requests.

3 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Looking at a stadium with three connected stands and one independent stand capable of housing enough away supporters for all scenarios, I will respectfully disagree.

Fans including some of whom have attended countless meetings, since 2013 have made an informed choice.

A choice with real potential.

Those who disagree have the opportunity to explore, and articulate themselves whatever alternative scenarios they believe are possible.

ciderup you are suggesting fans in the atyeo should move into the SS evict people from their seats and change the stand which is guaranteed to piss fans off. all an if and a big IF the club allowed it to happen anyway. when that is turned on its head and its instead of asking you to do something for yourselves with fans in the south stand its exit the thread time. DIY fella.

11 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Some people like to stand and move around and that is not possible anywhere else. I think its amusing that people who have no desire to be in the Atyeo themselves want to dictate to those who do

I think the club would like to rid itself of such fans but until it can fill a stadium with sitters it will listen to their requests.

Referring back to the start of this thread, I mentioned the fact that standing was only permitted in the Atyeo, and acknowledged and understood this to be a very good reason for them to stay there. However, I was then told this was no longer the case.

Just because I am not part of the Atyeo group does not mean I am not entitled to an opinion on what I believe is the best overall strategy for the stadium as a whole. In that respect we are all affected. As a Dolman regular I would prefer to see a more densely populated stand and would welcome the singers as a part of that.

27 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Just because I am not part of the Atyeo group does not mean I am not entitled to an opinion on what I believe is the best overall strategy for the stadium as a whole. In that respect we are all affected. As a Dolman regular I would prefer to see a more densely populated stand and would welcome the singers as a part of that.

I'm not actually sure you are affected in any way because you are simply a punter like me and the strategy for the stadium is in the hands of others but would you really want 1000 people stood up affecting your line of vision ?

1 hour ago, Loon plage said:

I'm not actually sure you are affected in any way because you are simply a punter like me and the strategy for the stadium is in the hands of others but would you really want 1000 people stood up affecting your line of vision ?

I've said all along that if standing is only realistic in the Atyeo, then that's the best argument for them staying there and one I accept. Standing in the lower Dolman does not sound like a good idea if it blocks the views of those behind as you suggest.

Having been told earlier in the thread that standing would now be permitted elsewhere, I assumed that would include Dolman A and B. If that's not the case, then I would agree that Atyeo is the best place - whilst still being disappointed that we are spreading ours fans out too much rather than condensing them into three stands.

As for your first statement - just because the decision is in the hands of others does not mean we are not affected!

2 hours ago, WTMS said:

Fans including some of whom have attended countless meetings, since 2013 have made an informed choice.

A choice with real potential.

Those who disagree have the opportunity to explore, and articulate themselves whatever alternative scenarios they believe are possible.

I attended the first meeting that was called to discuss the move to the Williams before the EE was redeveloped, from memory there were about 15 to 20 people present, and that was after it was advertised on here and on the clubs site.

Unless I'm mistaken all of the recent meetings have been by invitation only, and have not been advertised, if I'm wrong I apologise, but to me that kind of meeting is not representative of the fan base as a whole, and any decisions reached at such a meeting do affect the whole fan base.

If the meetings that have been held were more transparent, and minutes or some kind of record were available then perhaps a better understanding might be reached by everyone.

As an example what if anything has been discussed about what will occur if we have to give 15% of the available capacity to away fans for a cup tie? Please don't say that won't happen, because it looks like we will be in the third round next season, and there's a 50%  chance of a home draw, and if we are drawn at home it's highly likely that the visiting team would want their full allocation.

1 hour ago, Loon plage said:

My line of vision in the Dolman is affected by more than a thousand standing at every home game. It kicks in from 20 minutes before the final whistle...

52 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

AsI've said all along that if standing is only realistic in the Atyeo, then that's the best argument for them staying there and one I accept. Standing in the lower Dolman does not sound like a good idea if it blocks the views of those behind as you suggest.

Having been told earlier in the thread that standing would now be permitted elsewhere, I assumed that would include Dolman A and B. If that's not the case, then I would agree that Atyeo is the best place - whilst still being disappointed that we are spreading ours fans out too much rather than condensing them into three stands.

As for your first statement - just because the decision is in the hands of others does not mean we are not affected!

Fans standing in the lower Dolman does not block the views of those in the upper section.

The intent was once the area could house safe standing. 

31 minutes ago, Countryfile said:

As an example what if anything has been discussed about what will occur if we have to give 15% of the available capacity to away fans for a cup tie? Please don't say that won't happen, because it looks like we will be in the third round next season, and there's a 50%  chance of a home draw, and if we are drawn at home it's highly likely that the visiting team would want their full allocation.

SC's don't apply for cup matches so the away team gets 15% fills the Atyeo and makes more noise than the 23000 home fans !

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

You've completely missed the point. Where do the Atyeo singers go in this situation?

I haven't missed the point at all - all seats are up for grabs in cup ties aren't they and so far as i'm aware there isn't going to be any other unallocated seating area so in the event of a cup tie nobody is guaranteed the seat they want.

4 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

I haven't missed the point at all - all seats are up for grabs in cup ties aren't they and so far as i'm aware there isn't going to be any other unallocated seating area so in the event of a cup tie nobody is guaranteed the seat they want.

You are guaranteed your season ticket seat unless you decide not to claim it.

4 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

You are guaranteed your season ticket seat unless you decide not to claim it.

Touche'.

However I would personally rather be in the Atyeo and on the off chance that I needed to go elsewhere once a season for a cup tie I could live with that to be honest.

And that is the crux of it - the fans there want to stay the club appears to be in agreement so why people continue to want to tell others where they should SIT is beyond me.

6 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Touche'.

However I would personally rather be in the Atyeo and on the off chance that I needed to go elsewhere once a season for a cup tie I could live with that to be honest.

And that is the crux of it - the fans there want to stay the club appears to be in agreement so why people continue to want to tell others where they should SIT is beyond me.

We aren't telling you anything. We are simply discussing the pros and cons of the various options and offering our own opinions on the best solutions. It's what the forum is all about.

11 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

We aren't telling you anything. We are simply discussing the pros and cons of the various options and offering our own opinions on the best solutions. It's what the forum is all about.

Understood and I do appreciate the purpose of a forum but 360 + posts and it's getting a bit wearing now..

Archived