IGNORED

LUKE! / Cheltenham

Bristol Rob

2 hours ago, Robin in Sri Lanka said:

Should these players be out celebrating? what are they celebrating? Relegation on their minds and they're out on the lash at the races. 

Now don't get me wrong I think Ayling should have distanced himself when the other lads started p1$$1ng in the pot so to speak. That's the only thing he did wrong and the club rightly made him apologise for that so that a line can be drawn and we can concentrate on the real matters at hand. But you read too many papers; "out celebrating", "on the lash" - that's a bit over the top isn't it? You sound more like a journalist than a reasoned bloke who understands that even footballers are "allowed" to go and have a laugh and a few beers with their mates now and again. It certainly wouldn't improve their performance if they locked themselves away for 9 months during the football season, it would probably have the opposite effect.

You've only got to look at the Evening Post to see how they are jizzing with excitement and naming all the City players they can in their articles and accusing them ALL of misbehaving - even the ones (which is everyone bar Ayling) who had their back to the whole incident. O'Donnell wasn't even in the picture, Wagstaff, Baker and Pack had their backs to the incident and look pretty much in control of themselves to me - but better to call it disgraceful behaviour from clearly drunk, stoned imbeciles celebrating our impending relegation and all sanctioned by that nasty man Lee Johnson....sack him straight away !!!

Anyway, talking about celebrating and going on the lash I bet Sainsbury's Board have got a nice little shindig planned up Kingswood High Street this evening.

Anyway, it's all very well that these naughty footballers have come out and apologised for relieving themselves in public view at a sporting event, but when is Paula Radcliffe going to issue her apology?

2005 and I am still waiting. The silence is deafening.

20 hours ago, Mad Cyril said:

Anyway, it's all very well that these naughty footballers have come out and apologised for relieving themselves in public view at a sporting event, but when is Paula Radcliffe going to issue her apology?

2005 and I am still waiting. The silence is deafening.

As someone in Viz once pointed out, how come Paula can evacuate her bowels and race off in a matter of seconds, yet whenever women go to the loo in the pub they take bloody ages.

.....trust the media to go OTT with sensationalist reporting, it clearly wasn't like this at all.

Just a group of talented young athletes paying tribute to the sport of kings by producing their own personal DIY version of the Cheltenham Gold Cup while participating in a little Sport Relief. 

Its obvious really, ...to anyone who doesn't automatically believe everything they read in the papers.

Fair play to the dignified way the players responded to the reports, if it was me I'd have gone bloody potty. 

7 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

.....trust the media to go OTT with sensationalist reporting, it clearly wasn't like this at all.

Just a group of talented young athletes paying tribute to the sport of kings by producing their own personal DIY version of the Cheltenham Gold Cup while participating in a little Sport Relief. 

Its obvious really, ...to anyone who doesn't automatically believe everything they read in the papers.

Fair play to the dignified way the players responded to the reports, if it was me I'd have gone bloody potty. 

It's not going potty but using a glass which caused the problem.........

Archived