IGNORED

LUKE! / Cheltenham

Bristol Rob

Media still having a ball with it.

Alan Brazil going on about it on Talk Sport again earlier and just now a whole feature on it on Good Morning Britain. 'Bristol City' again mentioned along with it a few times.

Whether Ayling did anything wrong or not I can't imagine Ashton & Co will like it.

20 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

As someone who went to Oxford (many years ago), I've seen many people from allegedly the opposite end of the social spectrum behave in a similar way.  Many of them are now cabinet ministers or high court judges.

Wasn't one of those Mr Cameron and a pig's head :facepalm:

Allegedly this was Luke's statement before Adam Baker edited it:

"Dear Fans,

Last Tuesday, some individuals did not come to Cheltenham races to simply get pissed and have a fun day wasting most of our undeserved footballer's wages.

On what would fans rather I spent my money on? Who else but Samir {…} Carruthers* am I supposed to hang around with? Is Marlon Park really not allowed to celebrate his only goal of the season?

Looking at the pictures in the cold light of day I regret, firstly, that I put myself in that situation and secondly that I wasn't closer to Marlon and the bird with her tits out.

We were on a sanctioned team day out and I'm devastated it ended up in the national media and causing offence.

*Samir Carruthers who is a bit "weird" (as in a ****) , {…}. "

13 minutes ago, Robin in Sri Lanka said:

Should these players be out celebrating? what are they celebrating? Relegation on their minds and they're out on the lash at the races. 

Just to clear up my confusion, you wouldn't confirm what country you're in would you?

15 minutes ago, Robin in Sri Lanka said:

Should these players be out celebrating? what are they celebrating? Relegation on their minds and they're out on the lash at the races. 

Were they celebrating? From where do you draw that conclusion or have you reached one for yourself?

The team were out together for the day  (on a Tuesday with no midweek game scheduled) at the race course and no doubt alcohol was consumed that is true but really, so what.

I hope that the players DON'T have relegation on their minds. They should be looking upwards, not down.

31 minutes ago, Robin in Sri Lanka said:

Didn't know you get robins in Sri Lanka.

47 minutes ago, Robin in Sri Lanka said:

Let's just remind ourselves of the thoughts of Gloucestershire plod:

"The balcony where it happened was above a lawn, not near to spectators, and was not easily in public view." They said no action will be taken.

And let's just recap:

Young people are often taking pics of their wobbly bits nowadays and sharing them around, I am led to believe, so no great surprise in all this, given the presence of alcohol (the amount of which imbibed, we know not).

And sports teams have for many a year, even in the days when they didn't/couldn't take pics of their dangly/wobbly bits and share them around, bonded over shared drinks and nights out. The ones with some team spirit and togetherness, at least. Indeed, the England rugby coach has insisted on it, after the team's recent very earnest and sober failings.

And this was a jolly sanctioned by club and coach.

So, to finish: our chaps, who were on a club sanctioned jolly a good four days away from a match, didn't expose themselves or commit any criminal offence, were taking time out from the highly pressurised demands of a relegation battle to unwind together for an afternoon, as other sporting teams do, and got themselves photographed standing next to someone urinating in a glass in a private box not easily in public view, someone that emptied their glass onto the grass below well away from any people, something the police have no interest in. 

Disgraceful.

Archived