IGNORED

LUKE! / Cheltenham

Bristol Rob

43 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Still waiting for Ayling's apology.

A bit late now even if it comes at all

Can't understand those who feel there is little wrong here

As a professional footballer he has a responsibility

(1) to keep his fitness high - drinking mid week hardly seems appropriate behaviour 

To be fair, we dont know how much he's had to drink. Could be 1 or 2 which is harmless one would think but you cant speculate

43 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

(2) to remember he is a role model for young fans and needs to set a good example

True but he's been pictured doing not alot... its the other 2 clowns he's by that are the disgrace.

(3) to protect the club's good name

Again, true but in retrospect its nothing compared to previous incidents.

OK we all make mistakes, but he needs to man up and apologise sincerely, and quickly.

I get your points, but if he's technically done nothing then he has nothing to apologize for then why should he? Its the other two who should be apologizing for their behaviour.

In the end he's a footballer and yes should be a role model to young fans but he is also a human being with a life of his own

What a load of utter bollox this story is. What bloke hasn't had an "inappropriate" piss after a few beers? I know I have, lots of times. 

It looks to me like they're trying to be discreet and probably couldn't be arsed to walk to the toilet. 

If there's a lawn in front of the balcony then the only person who could see what was going on was probably the scumbag paparazzi zooming in for a cheap paycheck. 

I feel sorry for Luke, on his day off as well. Sickner 

It's like being a passenger in a car being driven by an idiot. You feel you should apologise but ultimately you're not responsible for someone else's irresponsible actions? The only thing Ayling did wrong was to be in frame when the pictures were taken. As for the righteous indignation about showing the club in a bad light,  I would suggest that there are certain proportion of city fans who do that on a weekly basis and apologise to no-one, ever. 

Overblown daily mail crap as always. The question is, did the 2 slappers get their tits out before or after the event?*

*By that I mean that every lens would have been trained on that particular "ahem" box, after the orange squad revealed their "delights" to all in the hope of further displays of flesh.

32 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

To answer the question asked of me I think he should apologise publicly to the fans for my earlier points 2/3, and arguably for point 1 too.  He should privately apologise to the club for 1/3 and arguably 2 too.

As I see it, and you may see it differently, the problem with stories like this - which are only stories because they sell papers - is that they rely on the creation of a sense of moral outrage. Luke Ayling - in my opinion - has nothing to apologise for as regards the "incident", and in this sort of story anything he says will be used against him by the papers as evidence of his "guilt". Indeed it's already suggested in the local press that he was "egging on" the other two on the basis of the fact...that he's laughing. And his girlfriends tweet gave another angle for the self-righteous. He'd be best advised to say nothing publicly and let the story die.

As regards us fans, I would assume that a visit of so many of the club staff to an event would be known to the club and some basic rules established regarding drinking alcohol. If he's broken them I'd expect him to be reprimanded. I wouldn't expect to hear about any reprimand in this case…that would create another story.

If it's true Points West have used quotes from on here to report on this then that is a complete embarrassment on their part, I'm sorry to say.

Haven't commented on all this as been too much hand-wringing and self-righteous moralising crap I couldn't be bothered.

It was a stupid thing for that MK lad to do, and a bit grubby to see our players caught on camera in an around it.  

But that is the end of it for me; no doubt LJ and maybe Ashton will have a word, tell them to keep out of antics like that, and that's probably it.  Why would it be more?

I completely understand we have to expect a standard of behaviour from them, and from what I've seen in this squad, they seem like a good and close bunch, and certainly not likely to be out chucking bins at bouncers and getting jailed.

Having a stupid mate doesn't equal automatic punishment; that's ridiculously punitive.  Different story had he done it himself, but he didn't, so that really should be that for me.

LJ had to deal with the rolling nightmare of the Ched Evans crap at Oldham; can't for one second see this really phasing him.  His dad had the Romeo Browns saga too, and imagine he's a good handle on how to manage young men with a bit too much money in their pockets letting off steam; was one himself but a few years ago - imagine he'll smooth it over and move on.

3 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Why would a Bristol City player's girlfriend have remorse because an MK Dons player pissed in a glass? 

Would she know what remorse is?

11 minutes ago, samo II said:

If it's true Points West have used quotes from on here to report on this then that is a complete embarrassment on their part, I'm sorry to say.

Haven't commented on all this as been too much hand-wringing and self-righteous moralising crap I couldn't be bothered.

It was a stupid thing for that MK lad to do, and a bit grubby to see our players caught on camera in an around it.  

But that is the end of it for me; no doubt LJ and maybe Ashton will have a word, tell them to keep out of antics like that, and that's probably it.  Why would it be more?

I completely understand we have to expect a standard of behaviour from them, and from what I've seen in this squad, they seem like a good and close bunch, and certainly not likely to be out chucking bins at bouncers and getting jailed.

Having a stupid mate doesn't equal automatic punishment; that's ridiculously punitive.  Different story had he done it himself, but he didn't, so that really should be that for me.

LJ had to deal with the rolling nightmare of the Ched Evans crap at Oldham; can't for one second see this really phasing him.  His dad had the Romeo Browns saga too, and imagine he's a good handle on how to manage young men with a bit too much money in their pockets letting off steam; was one himself but a few years ago - imagine he'll smooth it over and move on.

It is true just watched it, it said quotes from Bristol City Supporters Page

Never met any of the current crop of city players,  so can't comment on them as individuals or collectively.

This comes down to are footballers role models? My view is that they are whether they accept it or not. I personally don't think they should be at any level but that's my own opinion and I accept some will agree and some will not.

From what I've seen and read not too sure what our players have done wrong. There is a long tradition of city players going to Cheltenham. It was on a Tuesday, I guess on their day off. We have to accept that players drink, as long as its done sensibly then not too sure if I have a problem with it. 

The article seems unfair on ayling in particular, I wouldn't like to say whether he knew or even encouraged. It's young men on a day on the piss. Let the first one without fault cast their opinion. 

Needs a word from the club to all players, just watch yourselves and be careful when out and about 

1 hour ago, jackofromrugby said:

Standing under a balcony getting rained on by someone else's p555.

Is it just me, or does anyone else miss the Locarno?

Hasn't it been reported that it was poured onto a grassy area beneath....not over the crowd below.  

The contents of the glasses were then tossed from their private balcony into the crowd below

Officers have also 'established that the balcony where the incident occurred is not above any crowds - only a lawn' and that it is 'not in easy public view'.

The players were joined in one of the racecourse's packed private boxes by a number of other drunken-looking guests. 

These included Love Island reality TV star Jessica Hayes and glamour model Katie Salmon, who flashed their breasts to the crowds below.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3493923/Feeling-little-flush-fellas-Football-stars-friends-hit-new-low-Cheltenham-one-appears-relieve-glass-throw-box-female-companions-bare-chests.html#ixzz435xnBus6 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

The mail article is full of contradictions.

1 hour ago, Ivorguy said:

To answer the question asked of me I think he should apologise publicly to the fans for my earlier points 2/3, and arguably for point 1 too.  He should privately apologise to the club for 1/3 and arguably 2 too.

I'm afraid you are wasting your breath on here if you are expecting much support for your comments.

As I said earlier, it would have been a different story if a few  from the other side of town had been involved !!

• Admin
1 hour ago, hodge said:

A few drinks won't damage his fitness levels, expect he would have been fine for training today or we'd have heard otherwise (fine or whatever), 2 and 3 I have to agree with though, 3 more of a case he's guilty by association rather than what he's done though.

He wouldn't need to have been fine for training today as its their day off on Wednesdays.

3 minutes ago, Craven arms said:

I'm not defended them but I expect there weren't enough toilets miles away when you got there people queuing outside when you eventually got there floor covered in at least 10mm of piss no hot water and no soap.

Yup...but I would imagine the people that weren't in a Private Box somehow managed to resist the urge to wee into the nearest vessel though! 

Archived