IGNORED

LUKE! / Cheltenham

Bristol Rob

11 minutes ago, Collis1 said:

Maybe read my OP again.:facepalm:

I think the conversation would actually be -

LJ - "I know you were not pissing in a glass directly but you were there and your faces are all over the papers. We can't let that happen again.  Its not good for the image of the club.  Why was he doing that? Maybe dont go out with him again?"

Players - "Really sorry gaffer, wont happen again. Hes an idiot that lad so next time we wont hang out with him"

I'd rather not read the OP again, if that's ok. Bit too sanctimonious for me

11 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

"Don't put yourself in a situation where your face is plastered across millions of copies of the Sun for hanging around with lowlifes like Carruthers."

How about that? No fines/suspensions needed, but a useful reminder of the world they live in.

I'm amazed that a group of Championship footballers, and two no mark ugly ladies are even news. It's more of a knock on the world we live in, rather than the City players. I can't imagine they thought they were going to be the focus of the paparazzi when they rocked up yesterday

12 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Well i'm now convinced, Ayling has done nothing wrong and was quite correct to stay there whilst the hilarity unfolded, boys will be boys.

01_16003514_354836_2743807a.jpg

3FOOTBALLERS_2744100a.jpg

Of course, Ayling could be saying on both pictures - come on lads, there's someone taking photos over there, don't be a****

1 hour ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

You might be correct, but the photo in the Sun clearly shows Ayling close enough to the MK player with his dong in the the glass probably pissing (in full view) it's at that point he should have made a strategic withdrawal and being pissed whilst recovering from an op is probably not good practice for an athlete.

I'm sure Luke is a nice bloke,many say he is,so its fair to say a nice fella that has behaved naïvely.. But Luke,an athlete!!...

2 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Rubbish, I want ten pages of outrage and have already emailed Charlotte Leslie (gas-supporting MP, strangely attractive despite the Peter Crouch resemblance) to ask a question in the House about what David Cameron proposes to do about this.  I have suggested that the Chancellor's budget speech be postponed whilst this more urgent issue is debated.

charlotte.jpg

Which race is this filly running in? Can't even jump a ***** fence, so can't see this one winning. 

12 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

I'd rather not read the OP again, if that's ok. Bit too sanctimonious for me

I would rather come across as sanctimonious than completely naive, Woodsy.  You seem to have your head in the clouds on this topic.  There really is no argument that the club will be rightfully annoyed about this and will make the message very clear to the players that it can't happen again.

I don't think the argument whether they were directly involved really comes into it.

1 minute ago, Woodsy said:

He looks pissed, mate. Simple as that

And what is wrong with our players being out on the piss in public, being photographed by the media?

We are FOUR points above the relegation zone ........... chill everyone.

Who cares if they miss the odd tackle on Saturday, because their liver is screaming???

:grr:

Uncle TFR

Seriously the overall reaction in here is shocking and sad at the same time.

There is something called class but I guess that cant be expected from football players who whether they like it or not represent their club on and off the pitch.

If Luke had been grinning standing next to someone doing something positive and been on the front pages we all would have been loving it so that just shows me we have a lot of hypocrites on here.

To those in employment and report to someone, what would have been your managers thoughts if you had been pictured next to the offending player smiling away as he did his deed? I doubt it would have been hi fives all round, or if you were going to an interview and were identified as the friend who was laughing away? Doubt you'd get the job regardless of how good your interview went. So what does that tell us about this incident then? It doesn't look good no matter how you try to spin or justify it.

Sure, they are not role models but is it too much to expect that professionals behave in a reasonable manner in public in broad daylight?

I guess according to you folks these are the headlines that we should be proud off, Its not like we need good publicity given all the players who have been turning us down left right and centre.

Whatever way you look at this our club has found itself in the national media, Ok Luke didn't carry out this act but some people will just read the headlines. We are in a relegation fight, with the rebuild the club is working hard to build a positive image of this club. We now find that image being tarnished. 

In players contracts it will have stipulations of how they are to behave at all times as they are always representing the club. Unfortunately Luke has breached this just by well being pretty close to the deed and appearing to find it funny. 

It's up to the club now how they deal with this. We are either going to see an apology or a dismissal to show we will not under any circumstances tolerate this sort of behaviour from our employees. It will also send out a message to our sponsors.

Unfortunately for these players LJ was a player himself and acted as the ultimate professional during his playing career. He will be disappointed by this.

41 minutes ago, Collis1 said:

Maybe read my OP again.:facepalm:

I think the conversation would actually be -

LJ - "I know you were not pissing in a glass directly but you were there and your faces are all over the papers. We can't let that happen again.  Its not good for the image of the club.  Why was he doing that? Maybe dont go out with him again?"  "You were out at the race, enjoying some decent hospitality with some "classy" birds who got their baps out for the boys - why wasn't I invited along"

Players - "Really sorry gaffer, wont happen again. Hes an idiot that lad so next time we wont hang out with him we'll ask you along next time"

:whistle2:

On a serious note, I would like to think that the players are made aware that they represent the club and, difficult thought it might be for them ( and some of the fans) to accept, that does mean when they are out in their own time, particularly when they attend high profile public events.

It looks to me as though this incident was a question of being in the wrong place at the wrong time, and it's resulted in our players, perhaps unfairly, being dragged into unwelcome publicity as a result of the actions off others.

However, if they want to enjoy £1/4m + pa salaries and the lifestyle that goes with it, then it seems a reasonable trade off to make sure they do not do anything that will adversely impact on the club, because as we have seen they were referred to as Bristol City players, not just mentioned by their own names.

Yes, they are 20something lads, enjoying a day at the races like many other 20 somethings will have done. Unfortunately all the other 20 somethings are not professional footballers, who are right in the firing line whenever they are seen to overstep the mark when out in public gaze. 

Now, If the Queen's granddaughter got legless, got her baps out for the lads or peed over the balcony .......................

12 minutes ago, Collis1 said:

I would rather come across as sanctimonious than completely naive, Woodsy.  You seem to have your head in the clouds on this topic.  There really is no argument that the club will be rightfully annoyed about this and will make the message very clear to the players that it can't happen again.

I don't think the argument whether they were directly involved really comes into it.

FFS, naïve about what, exactly? Do you want to re-read my posts. The two lads have been complete *****s, it's disgusting. You prove to me that Ayling, or any of the other City lads, have done anything wrong and I'll become as sanctimonious as you. I don't doubt the club will be pissed off, but why? Ayling is getting slaughtered for being stood by two idiots - that wasn't an offence, or naïve, or having your head in the clouds, last time I looked. You must be knackered come the end of day, upholding everyone's moral judgement on their behalf

There's far bigger things in life to worry about than who Luke Ayling knocks around with at a horse racing festival. It's not something I'm going to lose any sleep over, I'll let you do that for me

10 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Mate i'm convinced now, being pissed is of course an absolute defence.

Again, I'm not getting your point, Es

Archived