IGNORED

LUKE! / Cheltenham

Bristol Rob

2 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

There you go then, perhaps if it was Vardy for instance, you could get off on it?.

I'm not getting what your point is, Es?

I said the bloke who threw the piss was a dirty bastard. He's the one who should be copping it, not our lads

If it was Vardy who threw it at me, he knows the score - chat shit, get banged

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

Did Alan Brazil actually say Ayling should be sacked? If so then what an outrageous thing to say. He didn't even do anything. 

if he did say that then I don't agree with him, as for the last sentence that is part of his problem, he could have a) tried to stop it or b) registered his disgust and walked away, sadly he did neither.

This story is the most read news story on the BBC website, so it's not just here!

Race booking off in footballer urine row

Cheltenham Festival has cancelled a booking from a sports management company after footballers were pictured apparently urinating into a glass.

MK Dons midfielder Samir Carruthers was photographed apparently relieving himself on a balcony.

Northampton Town's James Collins can also apparently be seen pouring a glass of liquid over the balcony.

Championship side MK Dons and League Two Northampton Town both said they were investigating the incident.

A Cheltenham racecourse spokeswoman said the group had been booked in for Tuesday's race meeting by a sports management company.

She said the company's booking for the second day of racing, on Wednesday, had now been cancelled. It is not known whether the same group was due to attend.

MK Dons said it had "commenced an internal investigation into the matter," involving Carruthers.

Northampton Town said it was investigating a claim that Collins was "involved in a drunken incident at Cheltenham racecourse".

Fellow championship club Bristol City' also had a player involved in the incident, the club confirmed.

2 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

I'm not getting what your point is, Es?

I said the bloke who threw the piss was a dirty bastard. He's the one who should be copping it, not our lads

If it was Vardy who threw it at me, he knows the score - chat shit, get banged

My point is this from my reply to JonDolman, Ayling could have a) tried to stop it or b) registered his disgust and walked away, sadly he did neither.

• Admin

I wonder if the club and even the players representatives should be asking for an apology from the media, why the need to mention City or the players names, as they were doing nothing to cause moral outrage.  Whether players recovering from injury should be out drinking is another matter, but if it was sanctioned by the club, then again, nothing to see here, move along.

I also understand and have regard for the comments taking us back to the bad old days of Wilson and his band of pissheads, but that level of drinking seems to not be the case now, no longer do we see regular reports on here of players in town, pissing and spewing in doorways- it was a weekly occurrence under Wilson.  Lita burning £20 or £50 notes in a nightclub, fights, prison, that was when the club and playing staff were in a bad place, low morals, unprofessional, taking the piss out of paying fans.  

This is undoubtedly bad publicity, but is it warranted, I'm not convinced that having a dickhead for a mate, or even an acquaintance makes you culpable for their actions, if I was the player, unless there is likely to be further pictures emerging showing involvement, I would be looking for an apology.

1 minute ago, Maesknoll Red said:

I wonder if the club and even the players representatives should be asking for an apology from the media, why the need to mention City or the players names, as they were doing nothing to cause moral outrage.  Whether players recovering from injury should be out drinking is another matter, but if it was sanctioned by the club, then again, nothing to see here, move along.

I also understand and have regard for the comments taking us back to the bad old days of Wilson and his band off pissheads, but that level of drinking seems to not be the case now, non longer do we see regular reports on here of players in town, pissing and spewing in doorways- it was a weekly occurrence under Wilson.  Lita burning £20 or £50 notes in a nightclub, fights, prison, that was when the club and playing staff were in a bad place, low morals, unprofessional, taking the piss out of paying fans.  

This is undoubtedly bad publicity, but is it warranted, I'm not convinced that having a ******** for a mate, or even an acquaintance makes you culpable for their actions, if I was the player, unless there is like.y to be further pictures emerging showing involvement, I would be looking for an apology.

Ayling had a choice to disassociate himself from this and his choice was not too.

3 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Did Alan Brazil actually say Ayling should be sacked? If so then what an outrageous thing to say. He didn't even do anything. 

Alan Brazil isn't very good at this sort of thing. No critical thinking skills there really. Whenever a big moral issue in football crops up (John Terry's racist abuse of Anton Ferdinand, Ched Evans, that sort of thing) he is completely out of his depth and cannot wait to get back to talking about frivilous stuff and you are reminded that he is a good-time bon viveur ex footballer who banters on the radio and not a journalist or even a skilled communicator.

4 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

My point is this from my reply to JonDolman, Ayling could have a) tried to stop it or b) registered his disgust and walked away, sadly he did neither.

I'm not sure from a photograph we can tell whether Ayling says 'don't throw that pint of piss, mate' - I'm going to hazard a guess that he didn't

I'm not saying it's right, but Ayling shouldn't be judged on actions of people that he may or may not know. LA didn't piss in the glass and didn't throw it, cut the guy some slack

As for the blokes who pissed and threw - they are nothing to do with Bristol City. I'm sure their clubs will punish as they see fit, it's a pretty disgusting thing to do, I'd hope they lose a few quid, equally I'd hope their shame at being part of it would mean they wouldn't make the same mistake again

It seems some would want Ayling suspended by the club, or even sacked.

Ridiculous and totally unfair over reaction that could destroy squad spirit overnight, heightening the chances of relegation.

From what we've seen Ayling got caught up in an obnoxious and embarrassing incident but did nothing wrong himself to warrant any such punishment.

The whole squad should be assembled, sternly reminded of their responsibilities, and warned to distance themselves quickly from such idiotic behaviour in future, but imo. that should be the end of the matter.

• Admin
2 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Ayling had a choice to disassociate himself from this and his choice was not too.

Did he?  Were you there and aware of the circumstances, I am sure after having a few beers, I have not always caught on to what others are doing straight away, maybe he realised  just after the picture was taken and moved away, maybe he didn't we don't know, yet he is being judged and convicted by you, without knowing any real facts.

7 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

I also understand and have regard for the comments taking us back to the bad old days of Wilson and his band of pissheads, but that level of drinking seems to not be the case now, no longer do we see regular reports on here of players in town, pissing and spewing in doorways- it was a weekly occurrence under Wilson.  Lita burning £20 or £50 notes in a nightclub, fights, prison, that was when the club and playing staff were in a bad place, low morals, unprofessional, taking the piss out of paying fans.  

This is undoubtedly bad publicity, but is it warranted, I'm not convinced that having a ******** for a mate, or even an acquaintance makes you culpable for their actions, if I was the player, unless there is likely to be further pictures emerging showing involvement, I would be looking for an apology.

Good luck getting an apology from The Sun over something this trivial mate.  They print what they want and then hide behind the 'free press' law.  They only just apologized for the shameful lies of Hillsborough for God's sake.

5 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:
3 minutes ago, Collis1 said:

I'm Collis.  Do you disagree with me?

I think it was a little over top

Please remind me of the footballers who were caught up in the 'pissed up at Cheltenham races' stories last year. I'm sure you can't, without the help of google. Today's chip paper, and anyone who actually reads into the story and looks at the pics will see that no Bristol City player pissed in a glass or threw a glass. But please continue to feel outraged that our name has been dragged through the mud

2 minutes ago, shelts said:

Embarrassing. What do we expect from our overpaid under-performing players?

Damn it, these guys in their mid 20s, having fun on their day off. 

I've seen a lot worse at Cheltenham, just pop into the sun tent in the best mate enclosure around 4pm on any day!

Ayling did not piss in the glass, chuck it off the balcony or get his tits out! 

It was a case of wrong place, wrong time. 

1 minute ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Did he?  Were you there and aware of the circumstances, I am sure after having a few beers, I have not always caught on to what others are doing straight away, maybe he realised  just after the picture was taken and moved away, maybe he didn't we don't know, yet he is being judged and convicted by you, without knowing any real facts.

Get a grip FFS,I haven't convicted anybody, the bloke has been a complete tit, he must have been aware of what was going on, he should have walked away, it's that simple, I agree with Noggers the squad need reminding of the consequences of their actions and Ayling especially.

1 minute ago, Woodsy said:

I think it was a little over top

Please remind me of the footballers who were caught up in the 'pissed up at Cheltenham races' stories last year. I'm sure you can't, without the help of google. Today's chip paper, and anyone who actually reads into the story and looks at the pics will see that no Bristol City player pissed in a glass or threw a glass. But please continue to feel outraged that our name has been dragged through the mud

I don't feel outraged at all.  I was trying to provide some perspective on how the club will see it.  They know that a majority of the fan base couldn't give two shits - its more about the other people that read it.

3 minutes ago, Dave said:

From the pictures that we have seen Luke Ayling is doing nothing wrong and in fact is what is called a "witness"

Not now, Dave - we have a lynching lined up. Don't ruin the fun

1 minute ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Get a grip FFS,I haven't convicted anybody, the bloke has been a complete tit, he must have been aware of what was going on, he should have walked away, it's that simple, I agree with Noggers the squad need reminding of the consequences of their actions and Ayling especially.

I think @Maesknoll Red has got a grip - you are persecuting the guy with no knowledge of what was happening. Does it look great, no, did Ayling do anything wrong, no. **** it, lets slate the bloke anyway

Get a grip, FFS

Too many people rushing to judgement on here. Do these photos tell you all you need to know to draw your own conclusions? I like to think the club will be delving a little deeper and not simply relying on how the tabloids want to present this. Including The Sun, the paper that told us Liverpool fans were urinating on the dead at Hillsborough and picking their pockets.

However, I think a ban on any alcohol now for the squad until after the season would be good.

42 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Right - so the City lads are on the piss with some other pissed up lads, one of whom put his knob in a pint glass, whilst another threw it off the balcony - is that right?

I'm struggling to see what Ayling has to say sorry for? The club statement is a two liner 'we will deal with it' standard statement.....deal with what, ffs? I'm sure the lads were allowed to be there, I'm sure they were told it was ok to have a beer.....there really is nothing to see here, from a Bristol City perspective

The lad who threw the piss is a dirty bastard

The lad who put his knob in a pint glass is a pissed up ****. I've done it, I'm sure plenty of others on here have too. I just didn't have someone taking photos of me doing it

So Ayling needs to apologise for being with some pissed up mates, yeah? I'm off to HR now to do the same, I can feel my soul being cleansed already.....

I'm pretty much with you @Woodsy - we don't even know whether the club were involved in allowing the 1) the players to go and 2) they may have said that a couple of drinks is fine, but don't get bladdered.

24 minutes ago, WTMS said:

Knighton or Kington.

Still the same point.

Wouldn't you prefer to see players helping out the Community Trust, using their skills very regularly to encourage local kids to play football v this publicity for BCFC?

Light football coaching with kids will not hinder players recovery time, and could be of more benefit to the slow and fast twitch fibres than Becks on the balcony watching the Gee Gees.

Not aimed at you @WTMS but using your quote....The players do loads of stuff outside their playing remit.  Look what they've done for Oskar, Charlton Farm, etc.

And I think you'll find Ayling's face is same happy face whatever he's doing....so don't assume drunk.  He may've been, who knows?

its not good PR for City, and a reminder of their duties as footballers and socially is all that is needed in my opinion.

could the Becks be Becks Blue....the non-alcoholic stuff :whistle:

2 minutes ago, Collis1 said:

I don't feel outraged at all.  I was trying to provide some perspective on how the club will see it.  They know that a majority of the fan base couldn't give two shits - its more about the other people that read it.

So you don't remember the footballers who acted like ***** there last year then?

Archived