IGNORED

LUKE! / Cheltenham

Bristol Rob

I did something similar once. Must have been the Festival in the autumn from what I can remember. 'Twas a Corporate day. Loads of Guiness followed by red wine. Wore my tweeds. Box over looking the finishing line.

I didn't have a bun, and I didn't oggle breasts. I did though wobble as I said my goodbyes and made my way to a very hot bus for the long trip home.

Then my mate took me home. In his Bedford Rascal. I had to lie down in the back. I remember banging on the sides of the van as we drove through Bristol.

That would be a good penance. Make 'em lie down in the back of a Bedford Rascal and drive 'em round and round the Centre.

Like me they'll never want to go again :P

• The title was changed to LUKE! / Cheltenham

We've been here sadly before with a drink culture in the club.

The club need to take quick and firm action before it gets worse.

I have little sympathy with those saying it's only a few drinks and high spirits.  These are professional sportsmen on more money per week than almost all of us on Otib ever earned.  They should respect their own bodies and career let alone their team mates, manager, and fans.

I am deeply disappointed.  Do they even care if we stay up or not as long as the cash keeps rolling in?

They are not children even if they behave as such

For me it's not the drinking that is the issue. We don't know how much they consumed, so let's not guess at things like that.

The issue with associating with someone who pissed in a glass and threw it over the edge. That's the main worry!

2 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

We've been here sadly before with a drink culture in the club.

The club need to take quick and firm action before it gets worse.

I have little sympathy with those saying it's only a few drinks and high spirits.  These are professional sportsmen on more money per week than almost all of us on Otib ever earned.  They should respect their own bodies and career let alone their team mates, manager, and fans.

I am deeply disappointed.  Do they even care if we stay up or not as long as the cash keeps rolling in?

They are not children even if they behave as such

Well.. For a start, almost all of our players are on a fair bit below 10k per week. I would wager the majority of Otib have earned more than 4-6k per week in their lifetimes!

You'd be surprised, footballers at all levels enjoy a drink; even at the very top. Granted, it's not great he's been photographed but it's a bit unlucky. Besides, he hasn't done anything wrong besides be there and be unfortunately pictured.

I hardly think it's anything like the 'drinking culture' talked about under Danny Wilson, players couldn't get away with that now. 

3 minutes ago, Snufflelufagus said:

So as Zara Tindall nee Philips was also at the races yesterday does that mean she is also leading a bad example? You would have though so in the mail article as in the same article they print a picture of her.

Should of seen what her and her mate got up to, 2 girls 1 cup and all that....

5 minutes ago, Selred said:

For me it's not the drinking that is the issue. We don't know how much they consumed, so let's not guess at things like that.

The issue with associating with someone who pissed in a glass and threw it over the edge. That's the main worry!

Is it a worry? Surely Luke wasn't to know that he will do such a thing unless he is a serial piss thrower..

All getting a bit holier than thou are we not. I'm sure most of us have mates who go a bit too far at times, thats life we dont just dump them! It was a Tuesday for gods sake, 4 days and at least 3 training sessions prior to a game! Get real, we dont really want monks playing for us do we?

Being pictured at the scene of a crime doesn't make you a criminal. Luke could easily have just walked over to have a chat when this was unfolding and the timing is unfortunate. He certainly wasn't 'participating', an unlucky by-stander perhaps?

Marlon doesn't even have a drink in his hand in that picture.

I don't have a problem with them drinking midweek personally (they can recover in time - come in, we've all done it) 

4am on a Friday night, different story. 

Dressing this up as a drinking culture IMO is an over reaction. What Ayling is guilty of is having friends that are complete ch*vs, but their footballers, that doesn't surprise me.

34 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

For what? Going on the pictures because that's all we have is seeing Luke just laughing, he didn't **** in a glass neither did he throw it.

Part of the ethic of this is that some defend lousy behavior.we will now see if Luke is to behave as a man and react accordingly..

6 minutes ago, Snufflelufagus said:

So as Zara Tindall nee Philips was also at the races yesterday does that mean she is also leading a bad example? You would have though so in the mail article as in the same article they print a picture of her.

Did she get her todger out and pee in a pint pot too?

Eughhhh! In my mind, members of the Royal Family behaving like that trumps footballers. 

6 hours ago, Robert the bruce said:

Ayling is shitfaced...I know a shitfaced face when I see one,and I do....my only concern is did he,post piss,or even mid-streem sense this was a bad spot to be placed and ease himself away..?..well,I guess not,and clearly happy with the association which is not a great place to be,even for a low end Championship player.would hopoe LJ has a quite word and the reaction is good.

If you ever meet Luke Ayling you will realise that's just his face!

8 minutes ago, Selred said:

We don't know how much they consumed

Yes we do. We apply the simple method of estimation, using some simple qualifying questions:

• How many of you at around 5pm and after only 1 drink, have needed to urinate in a glass in front of your mates?
  • How many of you at around 5pm and after only 1 drink, would be hugging a mate who is urinating in a glass?

If the answer is no one, then work up from 1 drink by 5pm, to the level you think is applicable.

18 minutes ago, Snufflelufagus said:

If she peed in a glass and threw it over the balcony - then, yes! :)

Edit: Just read Mad Cyril's post - great minds think alike.

Note to self - read the the whole thread before posting.

5 minutes ago, frenchred said:

And how should he react oh great one?

I'm nothing special,I can reassure you..would be good to see Luke show honesty/humility and include a humble apology. The hardest thing sometimes is to just say 'sorry'-and mean it.we say it so often concerning very trivial matters and don't even realise we have said it.not easy when its really required.

2 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

I'm nothing special,I can reassure you..would be good to see Luke show honesty/humility and include a humble apology. The hardest thing sometimes is to just say 'sorry'-and mean it.we say it so often concerning very trivial matters and don't even realise we have said it.not easy when its really required.

Sorry for what though? Laughing? Having a bellend as a mate?

58 minutes ago, Barry Sheene said:

That's a bit rich coming from Alan Brazil with some of the stories he tells about back in the day.

All it needs is Luke to do the professional thing and issue a quick apology for Dragging the name of this great club through the mire.

Not just back in the day. He's always banging on about how much he drinks, trying to make himself out to be some modern day Oliver Reed.

More like Beryl Reid I suspect.

Archived