IGNORED

LUKE! / Cheltenham

Bristol Rob

11 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Even tho strictly he's done nothing wrong, by association Ayling has given the club some bad publicity here. No bother with them having a few drinks but you've gotta be a bit smarter lads. Fully expect he and maybe others will be in for a bollocking first thing! Learn the lesson and move on hopefully...

I agree, Ayling can clearly see what is going on and should have disassociated himself from it and walked away, the highlighted portion says it all and bear in mind Ayling is recovering from an injury, being pissed and getting injured is how some of the wonderful athletes during Wilson's reign acted, not good enough and technically an assault by the person throwing the piss.

Unless there are any other pictures, can't see that there's any gross misconduct by any of our players. That said, Luke and Marlon must have been aware they were being watched/photographed so were naive in the extreme to have got close to people who were behaving like ****s.

Not what we wanted leading up to a massive month (on the pitch). 

Up to the Club now to try and turn a negative in to a positive.

1 minute ago, Woodsy said:

Right - so the City lads are on the piss with some other pissed up lads, one of whom put his knob in a pint glass, whilst another threw it off the balcony - is that right?

I'm struggling to see what Ayling has to say sorry for? The club statement is a two liner 'we will deal with it' standard statement.....deal with what, ffs? I'm sure the lads were allowed to be there, I'm sure they were told it was ok to have a beer.....there really is nothing to see here, from a Bristol City perspective

The lad who threw the piss is a dirty bastard

The lad who put his knob in a pint glass is a pissed up ****. I've done it, I'm sure plenty of others on here have too. I just didn't have someone taking photos of me doing it

So Ayling needs to apologise for being with some pissed up mates, yeah? I'm off to HR now to do the same, I can feel my soul being cleansed already.....

It's the lack of intelligence that's annoying.  They know they'll be picked upon by the likes of the mail.  I act differently in work do's to being out with my mates, they're stood on a balcony with glamour models and no mark 'celebrities' they can't be surprised.

10 minutes ago, WTMS said:

Witch Hunt!

Amy Knighton of the Community Trust was asked how often players attended kids coaching and where. She did not answer the questions. It was loaded because parents had noted that NO first team players had attended Community Trust coaching sessions at one venue in ONE year.  

So wouldn't you prefer to see players helping out the Community Trust, using their skills to encourage local kids to play football v this poor publicity for BCFC?

Bristol City engaging with its Community is important. It is one of the clubs pillars.  

*Amy Kington. 

1 minute ago, RumRed said:

It's the lack of intelligence that's annoying.  They know they'll be picked upon by the likes of the mail.  I act differently in work do's to being out with my mates, they're stood on a balcony with glamour models and no mark 'celebrities' they can't be surprised.

Absolutely, but they're 20 something footballers, I'd probably be the same, if I'm being honest

Very easy to be judgmental now I've hit my 40s and I longed stopped using footballers as my role models!

1 minute ago, Woodsy said:

Absolutely, but they're 20 something footballers, I'd probably be the same, if I'm being honest

Very easy to be judgmental now I've hit my 40s and I longed stopped using footballers as my role models!

Being able to be judgmental is the only positive I've found in middle age!

Oh dear. The naivety of people saying its no big deal is staggering...

Bristol City's name has rightly or wrongly been dragged through the mud this morning in probably the most read newspapers and media outlets in the country.  While it might seem funny or just 'banter' to us immediate fans, the problem the club has is that this would have been read by neutrals, Bristol residents, sponsors, potential sponsors, the FA etc.  Its not often Bristol City gets much national media attention so the fact that it is in a bad light will mean that Lansdown, the manager and board will be quite rightly fuming.

Whether or not our players were to blame for anything they were there and Ayling's face is all over the pictures laughing which in my book makes him involved.  Whilst I don't think any of them should have wages docked or anything that severe they need a stern talking and to be warned that this kind of attention is not acceptable. 

Anyway, hopefully the next time Bristol City FC is mentioned on the front page of a national newspaper it will be a more positive story.

7 minutes ago, Moor2Sea said:

Unless there are any other pictures, can't see that there's any gross misconduct by any of our players. That said, Luke and Marlon must have been aware they were being watched/photographed so were naive in the extreme to have got close to people who were behaving like ****s.

Not what we wanted leading up to a massive month (on the pitch).

You might be correct, but the photo in the Sun clearly shows Ayling close enough to the MK player with his dong in the the glass probably pissing (in full view) it's at that point he should have made a strategic withdrawal and being pissed whilst recovering from an op is probably not good practice for an athlete.

1 minute ago, Collis1 said:

Oh dear. The naivety of people saying its no big deal is staggering...

Bristol City's name has rightly or wrongly been dragged through the mud this morning in probably the most read newspapers and media outlets in the country.  While it might seem funny or just 'banter' to us immediate fans, the problem the club has is that this would have been read by neutrals, Bristol residents, sponsors, potential sponsors, the FA etc.  Its not often Bristol City gets much national media attention so the fact that it is in a bad light will mean that Lansdown, the manager and board will be quite rightly fuming.

Whether or not our players were to blame for anything they were there and Ayling's face is all over the pictures laughing.  Whilst I don't think any of them should have wages docked or anything that severe they need a stern talking and to be warned that this kind of attention is not acceptable. 

Anyway, hopefully the next time Bristol City FC is mentioned on the front page of a national newspaper it will be a good thing.

Are you Red Eye?

10 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

*Amy Kington. 

Knighton or Kington.

Still the same point.

Wouldn't you prefer to see players helping out the Community Trust, using their skills very regularly to encourage local kids to play football v this publicity for BCFC?

Light football coaching with kids will not hinder players recovery time, and could be of more benefit to the slow and fast twitch fibres than Becks on the balcony watching the Gee Gees.

28 minutes ago, Thatch35 said:

Its a shame our squad isn't bigger and we are safe in mid table. Good excuse to sack Wagstaff, Ayling and Pack as they have all proved they are sh** in the championship! :):) :P

..and Lee Johnson for allowing it to happen, 'cause we are worse under him.

...and force SL to see his shareholding , as it is all his fault for appointing Lee Johnson in the first place, him letting this happen  and giving the club all his moneys and giving the players the contracts that pay them so much that they have money to burn and can afford to spend the day at Cheltenham Races buying champagne and throwing it, or the results of drinking it , over the balcony, and spending time with such classy women, who should also be sacked, because if they go out with championship footballers then surely the can buy better fitting clothes than that!

That Cheltenham Racecourse should also sack it's chief executive and board for being stupid enough to let pro footballers in in the first place - what were they thinking?

As for the horses, then they should be sacked as not one of them got clobbered by a Rovers fan - forget that Champion Hurdle or the Gold Cup, the true measure of a horse is it's ability to take a punch.

;):)

Archived