IGNORED

LUKE! / Cheltenham

Bristol Rob

1 minute ago, Jack Dawe said:

Too many people rushing to judgement on here. Do these photos tell you all you need to know to draw your own conclusions? I like to think the club will be delving a little deeper and not simply relying on how the tabloids want to present this. Including The Sun, the paper that told us Liverpool fans were urinating on the dead at Hillsborough and picking their pockets.

However, I think a ban on any alcohol now for the squad until after the season would be good.

Would you cancel the easter egg hunt?

2 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Not now, Dave - we have a lynching lined up. Don't ruin the fun

I think @Maesknoll Red has got a grip - you are persecuting the guy with no knowledge of what was happening. Does it look great, no, did Ayling do anything wrong, no. **** it, lets slate the bloke anyway

Get a grip, FFS

I haven't persecuted anybody, I am saying Ayling had a choice and his choice was to stay where he was, which was in the middle of the action and that was a poor choice, a bit like his choice that led to Cardiff's 2nd goal.

2 minutes ago, Thatch35 said:

Ok, not sure if that's a rant at me or you actually want the players sacked. My comment was in jest.

Don't get a nose bleed leaving Weston Super Vegas travelling to Bristol from your insular town on saturday :)

I know Thatch - so was mine, that's why I added the edit and the emoticons.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I'm pretty much with you @Woodsy - we don't even know whether the club were involved in allowing the 1) the players to go and 2) they may have said that a couple of drinks is fine, but don't get bladdered.

Not aimed at you @WTMS but using your quote....The players do loads of stuff outside their playing remit.  Look what they've done for Oskar, Charlton Farm, etc.

And I think you'll find Ayling's face is same happy face whatever he's doing....so don't assume drunk.  He may've been, who knows?

its not good PR for City, and a reminder of their duties as footballers and socially is all that is needed in my opinion.

could the Becks be Becks Blue....the non-alcoholic stuff :whistle:

Now, now - enough nice things being said about Ayling & co, back to the lynchings

2 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

So you don't remember the footballers who acted like ***** there last year then?

I didn't read anything from last year, no.  I suspect many people did though.

So you think the players shouldn't be called into the managers office and be warned about this? You would just do nothing?!

1 minute ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I haven't persecuted anybody, I am saying Ayling had a choice and his choice was to stay where he was, which was in the middle of the action and that was a poor choice, a bit like his choice that led to Cardiff's 2nd goal.

Which is worse, in your eyes? Having a pissed up mate who's acting like a ****, or a mistake in the build up to a goal?

4 minutes ago, Collis1 said:

So you think the players shouldn't be called into the managers office and be warned about this? You would just do nothing?!

Absolutely IF it is proved they have actually done something wrong.

Stick the two that got their cocks out on the sex offenders list- that'll teach em. 

As for City's players- I expect that there will be public apologies at some point just to save face, but it doesn't look like they have done anything wrong other than have a couple of idiots as mates. Everyone's got an idiot in their group of friends- you except them because they are "your" idiot.

49 minutes ago, Collis1 said:

Oh dear. The naivety of people saying its no big deal is staggering...

Bristol City's name has rightly or wrongly been dragged through the mud this morning in probably the most read newspapers and media outlets in the country.  While it might seem funny or just 'banter' to us immediate fans, the problem the club has is that this would have been read by neutrals, Bristol residents, sponsors, potential sponsors, the FA etc.  Its not often Bristol City gets much national media attention so the fact that it is in a bad light will mean that Lansdown, the manager and board will be quite rightly fuming.

Whether or not our players were to blame for anything they were there and Ayling's face is all over the pictures laughing which in my book makes him involved.  Whilst I don't think any of them should have wages docked or anything that severe they need a stern talking and to be warned that this kind of attention is not acceptable. 

Anyway, hopefully the next time Bristol City FC is mentioned on the front page of a national newspaper it will be a more positive story.

Very well said. It's unfortunate for Ayling etc. but then it's no one else's fault his face is all over the Sun.

1 minute ago, Collis1 said:

LJ - **** me, lads. I said go to the races, have a few beers and a laugh, WTF actually happened

The lads - we went to the races, had a few beers and had a laugh, boss

LJ - but someone pissed in a glass

TL - yes, Boss, not one of us though

LJ - ok, besides the point. Someone then poured it off the balcony

:tumbleweed:

I really don't see what is gained from that conversation? We sing far worse songs about Dopey Darrell on a Saturday afternoon, that hasn't stopped any sponsorship of the club, has it?

I'll say it again though. It's not nice, but no one from Bristol City FC pissed in a glass or threw it off the balcony. I just can't feel outraged because they were in the same room when it happened

Why don't we just now let the club deal with it.

With a cross-section of peeps on this forum you are going to get a mix of views.  Some will be offended, some won't.  Some, therefore will be happy with the club's action, some won't.

Move-on.

[and at the Charity Golf day today, I hope all the players taking part,  manage to get it past the ladies tee.....you golfers out there will know the punishment!]

7 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

LJ - **** me, lads. I said go to the races, have a few beers and a laugh, WTF actually happened

I really don't see what is gained from that conversation? We sing far worse songs about Dopey Darrell on a Saturday afternoon, that hasn't stopped any sponsorship of the club, has it?

I'll say it again though. It's not nice, but no one from Bristol City FC pissed in a glass or threw it off the balcony. I just can't feel outraged because they were in the same room when it happened

Maybe read my OP again.:facepalm:

I think the conversation would actually be -

LJ - "I know you were not pissing in a glass directly but you were there and your faces are all over the papers. We can't let that happen again.  Its not good for the image of the club.  Why was he doing that? Maybe dont go out with him again?"

Players - "Really sorry gaffer, wont happen again. Hes an idiot that lad so next time we wont hang out with him"

8 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

"Don't put yourself in a situation where your face is plastered across millions of copies of the Sun for hanging around with lowlifes like Carruthers."

How about that? No fines/suspensions needed, but a useful reminder of the world they live in.

21 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Not aimed at you @WTMS but using your quote....The players do loads of stuff outside their playing remit.  Look what they've done for Oskar, Charlton Farm, etc.

As pointed out. Enquiries were made regarding players and Community Trust coaching sessions. It was evident that players were not appearing at some venues over weeks, months to a year. That is not loads, It is a nothing. 

Got time to go on the piss, ok many of us do it, but you DO have time to do the above.

Nothing to do with recompense for being naughty, or being close to somebody who was but about Community -  A Club pillar. 

So wouldn't you prefer to see players very very regularly helping out the Community Trust, using their skills to encourage local kids to play football, in unison with Bristol being a City of Sport v this poor publicity for BCFC?

It should be a yes. Loads there should already be happening, and is not.

10 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

Footballers are famously not the brightest,  bit I genuinely can't see there is anything to comment on here.

Some players on a day off stood near some bloke from another club who made a **** of himself. 

I have to agree with this, you can't be held responsible for some other tools actions, and I'm happy as long as its not one of our players pissing into a cup or throwing it.   Seems The Shrews and MK Dons only have issues there.

2 minutes ago, Collis1 said:

Maybe read my OP again.:facepalm:

I think the conversation would actually be -

LJ - "I know you were not pissing in a glass directly but you were there and your faces are all over the papers. We can't let that happen again.  Its not good for the image of the club.  Why was he doing that? Maybe dont go out with him again?"

Players - "Really sorry gaffer, wont happen again. Hes an idiot that lad so next time we wont hang out with him"

I think it was only Carruthers that was 'hanging out' :P

2 minutes ago, WTMS said:

As pointed out. Enquiries were made regarding players and Community Trust coaching sessions. It was evident that players were not appearing at some venues over weeks, months to a year. That is not loads, It is a nothing. 

Got time to go on the piss, ok mnay of us  do it BUT you DO have time to do the above.

Nothing to do with recompense for being naughty, or being close to somebody was but about Community -  A club pillar. 

So wouldn't you prefer to see players very very regularly helping out the Community Trust, using their skills to encourage local kids to play football in unison with Bristol being a City of Sport v this poor publicity for BCFC?

It should be a yes. Loads there should be happening and is not.

And if if that is on their remit, the players and the club should be doing something about it, and with MA as COO, there should be a 'process' for it.....and I'm not trying to be clever re MA's lingo.  If they haven't got a process 1) to allocate players to sessions and then 2) check that process, then there's something to improve.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

And if if that is on their remit, the players and the club should be doing something about it, and with MA as COO, there should be a 'process' for it.....and I'm not trying to be clever re MA's lingo.  If they haven't got a process 1) to allocate players to sessions and then 2) check that process, then there's something to improve.

Remit ... Football clubs are a social asset and BCFC should be a focal point of its community.

Its a pillar.

So yes engaging with service users via front end community portals would be part of its remit.

3 minutes ago, bris red said:

Baffled that a few jobbing lower league footballers have even made it into the daily mail, who gives a Fo0k about this like really

The people who got covered in piss?!

2 minutes ago, WTMS said:

Remit ... Football clubs are a social asset and BCFC should be a focal point of its community.

Its a pillar.

So yes engaging with service users via front end community portals would be part of its remit.

....and therefore that's fine....this should be dealt with.

Archived