IGNORED

Danny Rose Starts

REDOXO

4 minutes ago, twodogs said:

Thank god you're not the England manager

You do realise that CiderHider is Roy's forum name don't you?

Commentator just said " Eric Dier is moving gingerly". Did  Paul Scholes used to  move gingerly?

19 minutes ago, JM91 said:

Stones looks very shaky when i see him, far too error prone.  Good thinking player but a bit careless.

Agree in general though because Smalling is also pretty poor, Cahill is good enough but there isnt anyone good enough to go alongside.\

Thankfully Phil Jones seems to have lost his place.

Completely disagree. That's forums though. Think Cahill is the shaky one. Looks shaky at Chelsea and usually does for England as well. Smalling while not perfect is an out and out defender and think the best option. I'd play Stones as I at least think he'll deal with pressing a bit better. Stones is just as shaky as any English CB so might as well get him all the experience he can get. Though you're right about the lack of options. 

Why do England do this? Just before a tournament they put in a performance like this so it raises optimism and expectation. Is it going to be the usual flatter to deceive once we get to the Euros?

On a serious note a very enjoyable performance tonight. Without the so called big players we've been used to this looked a proper team. Pressing high up the pitch, quick incisive passing to create chances against the worls champions and some tremendous finishing by players in form.

If that is anything to go by then the best Rooney can hope fr is a place on the bench.

4-4-2. Cheers.

4-5-1 yielded flattering to deceive and no shots on goal for 45 bloody minutes of football. Chuck two strikers on to play as strikers and who'd have thunk it

2 minutes ago, twodogs said:

can i post the 8-0 post again? first time in a long time i've enjoyed a friendly:clap:

Same. We had a first half of decent football but no threat. Subs changed it. Vardy has to play for his endeavour and Kane for how clinical he is. 

Terrific comeback by England and well deserved. They all played very well and Deli Alli reminded me of our own Korey Smith......:whistle:

He and Danny Rose were immense throughout the game. 

First time in ages I actually enjoyed watching an England game.

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Terrific comeback by England and well deserved. They all played very well and Deli Alli reminded me of our own Korey Smith......:whistle:

He and Danny Rose were immense throughout the game. 

First time in ages I actually enjoyed watching an England game.

The best 5m Spurs will ever spend.

7 hours ago, robin_unreliant said:

Have to say that starting 11 looks god-awful to me. Is that really the best we can do? My only faint hope is that it turns out to be MS awful. Expecting a good drubbing with that team. Rose, Henderson, Dier, Cahill are all nowhere near international class imho.

Hahaha,that's why you're a robin unreliant. 

48 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Let's try to win Euro 2016 - Waddle

Germany 2-3 England

6d4b99ec-04f9-4bc0-b39a-3f4789daebc3.jpg

Chris Waddle

Former England winger on 5 live Sport

Posted at22:30

"I'm fed up of us saying going to a tournament, like Brazil, saying it is a learning curve, the next one is a learning curve. 

"What are we building for? Qatar? All these players going to the tournament are first-choice Premier League players. Let's try and win it!

"Do Germany go to a tournament and say it is a learning curve? Will France be saying it is a learning curve for the World Cup in Russia? No.

"None of these teams go to go out in the quarter-finals, pat themselves on the back and say well done."

Love this comment

56 minutes ago, 29AR said:

4-4-2. Cheers.

4-5-1 yielded flattering to deceive and no shots on goal for 45 bloody minutes of football. Chuck two strikers on to play as strikers and who'd have thunk it

Not just that. Barkley is far more effective than Lallana who overplays and never passes early 

Archived