IGNORED

2016/17 kit

alexukhc

I haven't seen it, but if I had, I would probably be almost as bothered by the two-tone club badge that may or may not be on it, as everyone who hasn't seen it is by the hashtags that may or may not be on it.

The two-tone club badge I haven't seen looks horribly cheap, or at least it would do if I had seen it, which I haven't.

There is nothing wrong with any of the links pointing to Facebook Twitter.

its nothing to do with Laws/Forum Trouble click etc....

its a classic case of the club badly trying to control media (again)

There is a press embargo on the shirt and the club are trying to control it...despite massively failing again

1 hour ago, chowie said:

To make things worse, a search of the hashtag #BristolProud reveals it was first used by a Gas Head in 2011.

Probably meant to use the more popular hashtag, #BristolProwed

8 minutes ago, Milo said:

Speaking in a personal capacity as vice chair of both FAN and the SC&T, it’s disappointing that neither organisation, or to my knowledge any supporters, were asked for views prior to the kit being produced. By not consulting Bristol Sport has missed an opportunity to gain valuable supporter input that could help avoid the inclusion of any design elements, colours etc. that might not go down well. If Bristol Sport is not going to ask its own fan consultation body, i.e. FAN, for input on shirt design, is it really taking 'fan engagement' seriously? Does the perceived value of keeping the design secret really outweigh the benefit of consulting, cooperating and testing it with supporters?

Let's be honest, the FAN has no influence amongst the fan base at large, and the ST is seemingly dormant - I'm not sure why you expect them to engage, as there's little consequence if they don't.

5 minutes ago, Milo said:

Speaking in a personal capacity as vice chair of both FAN and the SC&T, it’s disappointing that neither organisation, or to my knowledge any supporters, were asked for views prior to the kit being produced. By not consulting Bristol Sport has missed an opportunity to gain valuable supporter input that could help avoid the inclusion of any design elements, colours etc. that might not go down well. If Bristol Sport is not going to ask its own fan consultation body, i.e. FAN, for input on shirt design, is it really taking 'fan engagement' seriously? Does the perceived value of keeping the design secret really outweigh the benefit of consulting, cooperating and testing it with supporters?

Thanks you for your personal view.

Does the perceived value of keeping the design secret really outweigh the benefit of consulting, cooperating and testing it with supporters?

No. It wastes an opportunity. An opportunity to position the FC as being a club that consults its members (fans). A easy achievable win squandered. 

The real issue here is that the club decide this without reference to us fans

Not acceptable in 2016

Why is the management so 19th century still?

I am rather sad that for all the talk of the importance of us the club continually ignore us

It's frankly embarrassing 

Further to my last post, PR dept must be very poor - not that I agree with the idea of a professional PR dept at all but if we have one they should recognise a major failure here

easy to give fans a choice of 3 kits and ask for votes.  Hardly rocket science, I was doing something similar in a multi million pound organisation a quarter of a century ago

Come on City get with it

4 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Further to my last post, PR dept must be very poor - not that I agree with the idea of a professional PR dept at all but if we have one they should recognise a major failure here

easy to give fans a choice of 3 kits and ask for votes.  Hardly rocket science, I was doing something similar in a multi million pound organisation a quarter of a century ago

Come on City get with it

Trouble with that is you could end up with two thirds of your support not liking the kit chosen

2 hours ago, CiderJar said:
Who could it be?

Bristol City FC
24 mins · 

Bristol Sport would like to formally thank RSG for its sponsorship of Bristol City for the last two years.

safe_image.php?d=AQAcQe9RyWzBDe9q&w=470&
City to announce new front of shirt sponsor.
BCFC.CO.UK|BY MARK PERROW

So that's Keith Dawe saying thank you to... Keith Dawe.

Genius.

Perhaps we should just be grateful he's saying anything at all, even if it is to himself.

1 hour ago, Dollymarie said:

Please stop posting images of the shirt. They will continue to be removed as per the clubs request. Thank you. 

Or else what?

I'm not asking that aggressively btw, I'm genuinely interested in your thought process here. Your rationale, I suspect, is completely out of kilter with how the internet works I'm afraid.

3 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Or else what?

I'm not asking that aggressively btw, I'm genuinely interested in your thought process here. Your rationale, I suspect, is completely out of kilter with how the internet works I'm afraid.

Exactly, took me about 10seconds to find the shirt pic and sponsers name.......#horse has bolted right out the stables...wakey wakey BCFC.

#getridofthe#'sbecauseitlookscrap

Hopefully it's a prototype, because from looking at that picture (which I of course haven't seen), it looks a bit naff. Maybe if the crest was in more than one colour...

Bristol City Football Club: Lancer Scott have again renewed their Williams Stand Stadium sponsorship for Bristol City Football Club in the hope that a return to the championship will be imminent. This is the 5th season Lancer Scott have secured the sponsorship of the whole of the Williams Stand. Lancer Scott are of the opinion that financial support and spectator support is most needed when a team is of its lowest. Please have Faith.

• Lancer Scott are sponsoring the Under 10 & Under 12 Mini Rugby Teams at Keynsham RFC this year.

3 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Bristol City Football Club: Lancer Scott have again renewed their Williams Stand Stadium sponsorship for Bristol City Football Club in the hope that a return to the championship will be imminent. This is the 5th season Lancer Scott have secured the sponsorship of the whole of the Williams Stand. Lancer Scott are of the opinion that financial support and spectator support is most needed when a team is of its lowest. Please have Faith.

• Lancer Scott are sponsoring the Under 10 & Under 12 Mini Rugby Teams at Keynsham RFC this year.

TBH, Lancer Scott are a wonderful company.

I buy all my submarines from them.

:thumbsup:

Uncle TFR

5 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

They are in partnership with Swedish firm Skanska who I own stocks in. Great shirt sponsor!

Archived