IGNORED

2016/17 kit

alexukhc

28 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Or else what?

I'm not asking that aggressively btw, I'm genuinely interested in your thought process here. Your rationale, I suspect, is completely out of kilter with how the internet works I'm afraid.

I agree, it's out there now, but we were politely asked by the club to remove any images posted on here, and have agreed to do that. It wasn't just one shirt that was stolen, and until the outcome of any police investigation is known, we will continue to remove said images. The official launch is next week, so it's not too long to wait :) 

2 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

I agree, it's out there now, but we were politely asked by the club to remove any images posted on here, and have agreed to do that. It wasn't just one shirt that was stolen, and until the outcome of any police investigation is known, we will continue to remove said images. The official launch is next week, so it's not too long to wait :) 

Thanks for your update on removal of kit.

We have very much enjoyed it.

:thumbsup:

Uncle TFR

11 minutes ago, WTMS said:

Always thought it was Dilton Marsh - Westbury - Wiltshire. 

A common misconception WTMS.

Dilton Marsh is certainly where Atyeo lived for most of his life but according to the authors of his biography 'The Hero Next Door' (who presumably in the course of their research obtained a copy of his birth certificate) Big John was actually born in Standerwick. It's only 2 miles from Dilton Marsh but far enough West to be across the county border in Somerset.  

10 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

With respect Marie, that is absolute bollocks- you know what- most times that an item is "stolen", it is actually quite useful to post a picture/publicise the crime in the aim of retrieving the "stolen" goods.

You are not committing any crime by any act or omission by allowing the pictures to be posted on here.

#bristolsportknickersinatwistbecauseimagereleasefbeforeofficialannouncement

6 minutes ago, eastonboy said:

With respect Marie, that is absolute bollocks- you know what- most times that an item is "stolen", it is actually quite useful to post a picture/publicise the crime in the aim of retrieving the "stolen" goods.

You are not committing any crime by any act or omission by allowing the pictures to be posted on here.

#bristolsportknickersinatwistbecauseimagereleasefbeforeofficialannouncement

I believe Dolly said they removed it as the club politely asked not because it is she thinks it is a criminal act.. 

From what I can't see in the non-picture that I haven't not seen yet, those possible hashtags - allegedly - don't look as though they're not #BristolProud, but seem to (obviously aren't really) be two different hashtags that aren't hashtags.

#MakingBristolProud on what I reckon might be the left, if there were such a thing, and #Bristol...something(I don't know because I haven't not unseen it) on the right of the photo, so left of the shirt, but actually nowhere as far as I know because I didn't see what nobody else has seen.

You can clearly see the edge of the 'g' before "BristolProud", and only see #Bris on the other side.

I mean, no you can't.

Bollocks, I've blown it.

Better get back to sorting the worst crime of them all - the prediction league corruption.

15 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Thanks for replying, appreciate that. An instructive reply.

For what it's worth, it doesn't sit well with me when a supposedly independent forum kowtows to the club like this. I'm not expecting the OTIB mods to barricade themselves inside the Ecuadorean embassy in defence of a free media, but your stated position is disappointing and a nonsense.

Thanks again though.

• Admin
2 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

For what it's worth, it doesn't sit well with me when a supposedly independent forum kowtows to the club like this. I'm not expecting the OTIB mods to barricade themselves inside the Ecuadorean embassy in defence of a free media, but your stated position is disappointing and a nonsense.

Thanks again though.

I personally think it is more to do with contracts of sponsorship as laid out earlier in the thread

Commercial trust etc no doubt damaged between City and others after this leak

Slight aside - I suspect the monotone colour might be a permanent change to our crest rather than just specific to the shirt.

From a brand and marketing point of view, it wouldn't make sense to have a different badge on the shirt to that used elsewhere. You want consistency. 

Disappointing in my opinion, if this is the case. I don't like it.

28 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Not sure why people have an issue on he action taken. The club has asked politely for you to remove any pictures, so why wouldn't you?

If they asked for negative comments around the club to be removed and you did, I would understand why people would question the independence angle but for this issue I think you have got it spot on!

Our History

• Lancer Scott was formed in 1996. The company has since maintained a steady acceleration in growth and development whilst maintaining the robust foundations that have underpinned the organisation since inception.

Lancer Scott initially built its reputation delivering excellent and high quality construction and refurbishment projects and services managing projects from design and inception to completion.

The Construction Environmental division was born.

The company then expanded its growth with the addition of Mechanical and Electrical services, swiftly followed by related projects, rebuilding homes, buildings and communities.

• More recently, Lancer Scott has since extended its expertise into the Repairs and Maintenance Sector delivering enviable levels of customer service, care, quality and value to a vast array of retail and social housing partners. This growth gave birth to the company’s Social Housing (Communities) and Retail divisions underlining Lancer Scott’s commitment to building better communities.

• The Lancer Scott head office can be found in our original city of birth, Bristol - We also have regional offices in Swansea, Exeter, Truro and Newcastle.

• Admin
3 minutes ago, Palmers Green Red said:

Not sure why people have an issue on he action taken. The club has asked politely for you to remove any pictures, so why wouldn't you?

If they asked for negative comments around the club to be removed and you did, I would understand why people would question the independence angle but for this issue I think you have got it spot on!

@Palmers Green Red I believe a bog majority actually realise this - there were many discussions between the club and the SC&T before this action was taken

14 minutes ago, RedYoshi said:

From what I can't see in the non-picture that I haven't not seen yet, those possible hashtags - allegedly - don't look as though they're not #BristolProud, but seem to (obviously aren't really) be two different hashtags that aren't hashtags.

#MakingBristolProud on what I reckon might be the left, if there were such a thing, and #Bristol...something(I don't know because I haven't not unseen it) on the right of the photo, so left of the shirt, but actually nowhere as far as I know because I didn't see what nobody else has seen.

You can clearly see the edge of the 'g' before "BristolProud", and only see #Bris on the other side.

I mean, no you can't.

Bollocks, I've blown it.

Better get back to sorting the worst crime of them all - the prediction league corruption.

Good eyes you don't have by not spotting that on the picture that wasn't seen.

1 hour ago, Cowshed said:

Trouble with that is you could end up with two thirds of your support not liking the kit chosen

v bunging it out without any fans seeing it first.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRq5M67W8wr3532rdBmsxIZi9jUPTRzAUfcsaqygI3E1jsTCmJaCg

Learn from your mistakes.

If I remember correctly, there was no fan input or choice last year and most people seemed pretty happy with kit

28 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Thanks again though.

The discussions were between the club and the ST who ultimately fund the forum. The ST then requested it be removed after this.  I can see it ultimately puts the ST in a difficult position as they want to maintain a good relationship with the club.  I can only remember 2-3 posts requested to be removed by the club in probably the last 10 years. 

I would say in this case perhaps it was unwise as with social media these days it literally is everywhere else.  It is more likely from a commercial aspect with regards to sponsors that the club are frustrated about - remember last years kit leaked on here and in that instance all posts remained.

Lets be honest, if you are the sponsor and you have paid a lot of money for this privilege, I think most would agree that it is only fair that you get to officially show the shirt first.

I also find it laughable that the same people who constantly have a pop at the Bristol Sport franchise are on this thread lamenting that they didn't get to pick which design they prefer, and the funny thing is they wont be buying one anyway.

From what I've 'heard' I may like the badge actually.  The shirt 'sounds' bloody awful.  But #'s seriously? Sounds like an A level project, # don't work like that as advertising, have we kids on the government funded apprenticeship scheme in our marketing department?

One email to ST holders, would you like a # on the shirt?  In 5 mins they'd have known it was a bad idea.  

They're getting better but still feels disconnected and downright amateurish at times.

Ffs a #, a little bit try hard and a little bit like the old men in suits following the marketing kids.

10 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

The discussions were between the club at the ST who ultimately fund the forum. The ST then requested it be removed after this.  I can see it ultimately puts the ST in a difficult position as they want to maintain a good relationship with the club.  I can only remember 2-3 posts requested to be removed by the club in probably the last 10 years. 

I would say in this case perhaps it was unwise as with social media these days it literally is everywhere else.  It is more likely from a commercial aspect with regards to sponsors that the club are frustrated about - remember last years kit leaked on here and in that instance all posts remained.

All understandable but.... ST the clue is in the name, its not The Clubs Supporters Trust its the Supporters Trust and the shirt is out there and more widely available by the second; so why shouldn't it be shared and shown on here; as everything about it and indeed even its sponsor is already.

6 minutes ago, screech said:

Lets be honest, if you are the sponsor and you have paid a lot of money for this privilege, I think most would agree that it is only fair that you get to officially show the shirt first.

I also find it laughable that the same people who constantly have a pop at the Bristol Sport franchise are on this thread lamenting that they didn't get to pick which design they prefer, and the funny thing is they wont be buying one anyway.

Its not the fans fault, security needs tightening; if the club wants to lock something away until the reveal then they should lock it safe.

7 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Unsurprisingly, 0 people on any of the threads on here or on social media have said they liked the #hashtags. 

How can they get it so wrong when designing a shirt? It was obviously a terrible idea.

The worry is that more than one person would of been involved. Someone came up with the idea, I suspect the board signed it off...multiple culprits well out of touch.

Archived