IGNORED

2016/17 kit

alexukhc

22 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Unsurprisingly, 0 people on any of the threads on here or on social media have said they liked the #hashtags. 

How can they get it so wrong when designing a shirt? It was obviously a terrible idea.

I wouldn't go as far as like, but I can't say I feel strongly about them either way. Not sure it's much worse than displaying a shirt sponsor; that's pretty crass and naff too when you think about it  

I'm not the target market though, I won't ever be buying a football shirt regardless of how it looks. 

3 minutes ago, 29AR said:

I wouldn't go as far as like, but I can't say I feel strongly about them either way. Not sure it's much worse than displaying a shirt sponsor; that's pretty crass and naff too when you think about it  

I'm not the target market though, I won't ever be buying a football shirt regardless of how it looks. 

Sums up how I feel about the hashtags perfectly. When I first read that they were there I pictured something like continental clubs have where they have a sponsor across the back of the shoulders quite large and then the players names at the bottom. That would have been far worse.

• Admin
44 minutes ago, Robin TBW said:

I'd have preferred Hopesy to design the kit up to what I've just seen.

How have you seen it?

Surely the club's request for its deletion on here means the gate has been successfully closed and all the horses have been recovered.

#20thcenturythinking

6 hours ago, spudski said:

It reminded me a little of this kit... btw...this is an awesome video...worth watching :-) also notice...seems you could choose a 'V'neck or round neck back then...

Cheers Spud, enjoyed that.

Love the way Brian Moore name checks every Liverpool player emerging from the tunnel but can't manage the same for a single City player!

2 hours ago, 54-46 said:

Was just about to mention this. Perhaps there will be different kits for male / female teams and the tea leafs have pinched a women's version

#gashtags

The kits will be the same for both men and women, except WOMEN will be under the badge.

13 minutes ago, CITYAREREDANDWHITE said:

No, because it's not spelt as defiantly either. You're just as wrong as me there.

I disagree. Spelling is one thing I'm good at sorry. Think you meant definitely :P 

defiant
dɪˈfʌɪənt/
adjective
  1. showing defiance.
    "a defiant gesture"

If that's the kit, it's got to be worst in the league for next season surely? 

Hashtags? Whatever next! Also do you think the club could leave the badge alone for one season!!

It looks horrendous and very similar to the M'boro badge.

4 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

I disagree. Spelling is one thing I'm good at sorry. Think you meant definitely :P 

defiant
dɪˈfʌɪənt/
adjective
  1. showing defiance.
    "a defiant gesture"

Yes, but I didn't spell it defiantly, I spelt it definatly. Seems your not so good at reading as you are at spelling. 

6 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

No, but given we (the SC&T) have been told there is a police investigation going on, if we left potential evidence on here, we could find ourselves in a sticky situation. 

A bit like the legal injunction that prevents publication of the names of the celebraty threesome. Everyone, who wants to know, knows but officially we can't be told. 

47 minutes ago, CITYAREREDANDWHITE said:

Yes, but I didn't spell it defiantly, I spelt it definatly. Seems your not so good at reading as you are at spelling. 

Dolly can't read, you can't write. Stop arguing, kiss and make up... but no further, don't want you two producing kids together. If they end up not being able to read AND write they'll end up as Rovers fans!

Football Replica remains the most stolen item of sportswear that's a fact.

Driven by it being highly desirable to a specific target market that given the lower resale price means for the thief it's easily liquidated and its pretty much instant cash.

Now bearing in mind we aren't at the level of desirability as such teams as England, Man Utd, Liverpool (ranked in order of most stolen) I'd guess that those who have burgled our supplier didn't know what they had until they got it out if the premises.

Now for the club to have an embargo on the sales period (the such like you would see done by Nike for example) the only people who that would ever affect would be themselves as the only place you can buy it is from the club, so there's no retailer out there whom would be able to sell or market it before any launch date. 

So getting around to the point the club requesting we remove it from OTIB would be that (a) the Police have asked/suggested it and (b) by the club being the only retailer to supply the shirt means they lose all launch build up and control which in turn could damage sales. 

You see if the shirt is launched on to us the supporters with fanfare and exclusivity we the supporters all go out and buy it first (no questions asked) then get home and discuss if the shirt is actually ok or not.

That initial sales bounce has now been harmed as we (forum users and social media) get a chance to discuss the product and battle lines clearly drawn to; you like it, you hate it or your not sure.

Buying decisions are made and prejudices get created to the shirt   which are all avoided if we don't get to see it until launch date. 

There would be some sponsor issues and pressure too as if there is a change of sponsor the existing one would still want to get their name associated to the shirt for as long as possible as they want maximum exposure for the money they've already paid upfront.  

Now for what I haven't seen I may or may not see what all the fuss is about and may or may not actually like it.

Now as for hashtags I really like them, especially when I've had a heavy night as there's nothing quite like a McDonald's breakfast to settle the tummy.

Archived