IGNORED

2016/17 kit

alexukhc

6 minutes ago, RedRobin13 said:

Unfortunately I don't have a record of individual supporters consultations with the club but to think that a multi-million pound organisation such as Bristol Sport with all the business acumen involved would not think to conduct market research of some description is either slightly ridiculous or if true I would wonder how on earth SteveL and co have got to where they are in the first place!

Check the Supporters Club & Trust and FAN members remarks(Milo) . The latter was created by BCFC to consult.

9 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Probably yes. I think this will sell worse than the last two seasons home shirts.

I think so yes absolutely, unless they do something about the hashtags which seems to be the main problem. But, we haven't seen the whole shirt yet...maybe there's more?  What about the full kit , ok people ( not adults anyway) don't tend to buy the full kit, but maybe there are other surprises in store. Heaven forbid we get hashtags across their backsides or down each sock!!!

Trouble is regarding people buying kits, we've changed the sponsor. People tend to buy a new kit for such a major change, you can sometimes get away with not looking 'last season' if the kit remains similar. Think the club are banking on sales because of the new sponsor.

All they had to do was put £20 on each ST and give us a free shirt, you can't complain so much about 'free' can you. Then you could do what you want with it, sell it, wear it or burn it!

2 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

I answered your question when I said 'I think they look ok'?

Ive never heard any evidence of focus groups before but fair enough if they have.

Honestly, the reaction to this shirt is embarrassing, some people need to get a grip, it's a football shirt, it's red, it's got some writing on, as long as we win wearing it I couldn't care less really.  There have been many worse shirts over the years than this one, they all blend into one in the end.  

No because I asked you hashtags on or off if you had to choose either way, I think they look ok doesn't answer that. My point is that people either really dislike them or are apathetic to them, still haven't seen anyone say they 'like' them.

I agree with your wider point about shirts though, I haven't bought one for years. The worrying thing for me is how shortsighted the club have been in sanctioning this as it's pretty obviously going to be disliked. 

I get the strategy the club are going for and it makes sense.  The white on the shoulders and the two-tone logo are part of a wider plan to emulate Middlesboro.

1. Middlesboro have done well in the league this season.  If we have a kit like Boro's we can do well in the league too.

2. Tomlin had a great season at Middlesboro.  If we have a kit like Boro's he'll want to stay next year. 

3. Adomah plays for Middlesboro.  If we have a kit like Boro's maybe he'll come back.

The only problem is we forgot the white vertical stripes...

Frankly, the club should not need to #askthefans when designing a kit.  Design by committee rarely works out and look at how Doncaster got on when they tried to #askthefans and #runacompetition #1D4eva.

Our kit is not tricky. Red shirt, white shorts, red socks and maybe a bit of white on the shirt somewhere. Done.

I'm colour blind and I could bloody do it.

#hashtagsoff

On a positive note - I like the simpler badge (but wish they'd put a robin in there somewhere) and I think Lancer Scott's logo is better than RSG's.

13 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

No because I asked you hashtags on or off if you had to choose either way, I think they look ok doesn't answer that. My point is that people either really dislike them or are apathetic to them, still haven't seen anyone say they 'like' them.

I agree with your wider point about shirts though, I haven't bought one for years. The worrying thing for me is how shortsighted the club have been in sanctioning this as it's pretty obviously going to be disliked. 

I'm totally ambivalent to the point of them being on, them being off makes no difference to how much I like the shirt. The hashtag has become a commercial strap line and so if the club decides it wants to have that on the shirt I'm backing #on.

I'm going to go against the general consensus on this thread and say I actually like that shirt and I can also understand why the design includes the #.

I agree that it's very prominent and perhaps a bit gawdy where it's been positioned but I (think I) understand what the club is trying to do.

That's to raise profile and hits to our web and Twitter to grow the profile of the club beyond our little backwater borders (that's the perception) which is something I think most agree is what's needed to attract players (in addition to decent wages/fee) get people taking about us and grow the fanbase.

Could we have been consulted? Probably?

Would the outcome been a happy balance for everyone? Probably not. 

Would I consult us if I was in the same position? No, experience for me suggest the public don't tend to make the best commercial decisions which is why your employed to make them.

The # ain't going anywhere for next season at least.

7 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I'm I the only person in the stadium who is not too fussed what the kit looks like - providing it's not blue?

I like the overall design of the kit, it looks smart. I just think the hashtags are a needless and unwelcome addtion.

8 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I'm I the only person in the stadium who is not too fussed what the kit looks like - providing it's not blue?

If you're not fussed then presumably you wouldn't consider buying one Robbo.  It becomes an issue if you do buy the shirts but only the ones that you like, or buy them every year so that you have the current kit and want to look ok.

1 minute ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

As a musician I continue to be outraged that the noble sharp symbol is now referred to as a hashtag.  Serge Prokofiev, Symphony no 7, opus 131 in C hashtag minor just doesn't have the same ring somehow.

I think it is only a hashtag if it has letters after it.  the simple # sign still stands alone as a sharp symbol or pound sign in other sectors.

1 minute ago, Eddie Hitler said:

If you're not fussed then presumably you wouldn't consider buying one Robbo.  It becomes an issue if you do buy the shirts but only the ones that you like, or buy them every year so that you have the current kit and want to look ok.

Indeed no. The only replica shirt I've ever bought was the purple & lime one. And I only wore that to a few games. I wouldn't be seen dead wearing one out in public.

3 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

I think it is only a hashtag if it has letters after it.  the simple # sign still stands alone as a sharp symbol or pound sign in other sectors.

Or sometimes to block out swear words.

15 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Ok I'll make it clearer. "Frankly, the people that are paid by the club and are under contract to design the kit should be able to design a bloody football shirt without having to #askthefans"

Why not?

Bristol Sport are free of normal restrictions.

The arrangement between BCFC / Bristol Sport could be unique in the UK.

Bristol Sport have gone beyond design of a football shirt. The crest has been altered, a slogan is being attached to the FC. That is wholly unnecessary.  It is rebranding to a degree.

Archived