IGNORED

2016/17 kit

alexukhc

Season ticket sales seem to be buoyant despite the outrage at some seats being more expensive than others and people claiming that the club would be lucky to sell more than nine tickets unless they 'discount all tickets by a billion percent and get the money back on food, look at how well Bradford are doing in the European Super League for proof', therefore I fully expect those who would ordinarily buy a shirt to buy the new one. And that most of those who are crying outrage to move on to the next crisis in the not too distant. 

I just hope that when or if the club move to an independent website, all stories and articles come with a .wav file that plays the 'doof, doof, doof' EastEnders drum so that the scene for OUTRAGE can be fully set.

9 minutes ago, chipdawg said:

It's not that though. I've just never been able to get excited about football shirts. People get all excited when it's a good one and all outraged when it's a bad one. I think, "it's just a football shirt". City could play in denim leotards for all I care, so long as the football's good and we're winning games

I just can't get wound up about a shirt

I posted something similar this time last season, Chip.

It never ceases to amaze me how a bunch of [mainly] big hairy blokes on this forum go all "Gok Wan" when they discuss the club's strip.

In my opinion, and it is just an opinion, unless you have the physique of a professional sportsperson all kits look a bit rubbish. Some are obviously less stylish than others (wouldn't go for the denim leotard idea ;) ) but all are a little bit naff worn off the pitch.

Last year, I got into cycling but no way am I buying a load of lycra and trying to look like Bradley Wiggins as I freewheel down to Sainsburys!

About the only "sportswear" I wear about the place occasionally is the Bath rugby shirt (sorry Bristol fans, I'm from Somerset) that a client gave me as a present. Rugby shirts tend to suit the. er. more rotund figure....

2 hours ago, phantom said:

Very subtle change by the club - is it a rebrand / relaunch of our badge?

I've noticed more and more manufacturers are producing the clubs crest/badge in one colour only now, especially on training shirts/kit etc.

I think Man Utd have done it on this seasons third (black) kit.

Imo...it looks cheap.

In fact some clubs are wearing badges that are printed on instead...like the fake one's you see abroad. It's to make them lighter apparently.

All I see now...is the Club badge less significant and the club sponsor more significant.

Sign of the times.

24 minutes ago, screech said:

What are we losing in identity? It's a red shirt with the crest on.

Its a red crest with a slogan and hash tag.

Alien.

It may be that the Bristol Sport could be right and that there is a consensus in support of this altering of Club imagery. It appears that no engagement has taken place at all.

In public Andrew Billingham / Martin Griffiths. have talked about creating a joined up approaches with fans. This is not that approach.

Every year there is a new shirt that's red and similar to the previous design. An odd bit of extra white, slightly different collar, occasionally a stripe etc. Every year people buy them because they want to be seen in the latest shirt, so hashtag smashtag, it won't make any difference to sales. 

Hate the shirt, looks terrible.

Hate this Bristol sport rubbish.

I want my club back

Exactly fella. dont want to run the club, don't want to pick the team or spend Mr lansdowns millions for him. been there since the seventies but I want BS to stop using the club as a toy.

11 minutes ago, Bullbag said:

I want my club back.

Those behind BS are the ones bankrolling the club, it's certainly not season ticket sales sustaining the club. 

So unless you find a few million quid kicking about...the notion of it being 'your' club is wide of the mark!

Those behind BS are the ones bankrolling the club, it's certainly not season ticket sales sustaining the club. So unless you find a few million quid kicking about...the notion of it being 'your' club is wide of the mark!

Will BCFC die without a # and a red crest on its shirts?

Why not a Robin forty years on from 76???

If its not our club whose it?

23 minutes ago, Three Lions said:

I want my club back

Exactly fella. dont want to run the club, don't want to pick the team or spend Mr lansdowns millions for him. been there since the seventies but I want BS to stop using the club as a toy.

Apart from the hashtags, what's wrong with the shirt?

The hashtags are a (bad) marketing ploy that could just have easily have ended up on the shirt if it was still just Bristol City. Bristol Sport did not invent social media.

As usual, lazy blaming of Bristol Sport for everything negative whilst anything positive is credited to "the club".

2 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Apart from the hashtags, what's wrong with the shirt?

The hashtags are a (bad) marketing ploy that could just have easily have ended up on the shirt if it was still just Bristol City. Bristol Sport did not invent social media.

As usual, lazy blaming of Bristol Sport for everything negative whilst anything positive is credited to "the club".

I've seen people moaning about the sponsor. A four-year down sounds like a good thing rather than a director sponsoring us because there was nobody else willing to stump up an appropriate price.

Apart from the hashtags, what's wrong with the shirt.

The idea behind it. its only a little slogan or two. its only a shirt. its only a badge. City went there before. creates bad feeling for no good reason. smack o we do not give a shit about what you think is your club.

36 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Those behind BS are the ones bankrolling the club, it's certainly not season ticket sales sustaining the club. 

So unless you find a few million quid kicking about...the notion of it being 'your' club is wide of the mark!

Without fans football is nothing, the fans are the life blood of any club. Do you think TV companies would spend billions of pounds to show football being played in an empty stadium.

I have watched Bristol City for 40 years and my Dad  since the 50s and my Grandads both now long gone since the 1930s, I have a massive emotional and spiritual connection with Bristol City and for you to dismiss that is outrageous.

Bristol City and football is much much more than £ shillings and pence, you may know the cost of Bristol City but you don't know the real value of it.

2 minutes ago, Bullbag said:

Where shall I start? 

Has to be the hashtags, just plain stupid

The badge, awful.

The collar, looks crap.

Bristol sport logo.......just vile.

Not much to like really.

Very poor, very cheap.

Not good.

Lets hope the more important areas are addressed better, i.e player recruitment, potd ticket prices etc.

Very cheap and that's a bad thing?

Admittedly I haven't looked at the website yet so I haven't checked the cost but surely cheap is good, especially if we get further discounts.

10 minutes ago, Bullbag said:

Where shall I start? 

Has to be the hashtags, just plain stupid

The badge, awful.

The collar, looks crap.

Bristol sport logo.......just vile.

Not much to like really.

Very poor, very cheap.

Not good.

Lets hope the more important areas are addressed better, i.e player recruitment, potd ticket prices etc.

Still trying to understand why any of this is specifically the fault of Bristol Sport. All of those criticisms could have been directed to shirts before Bristol Sport even existed - don't you remember TFG?

As for the Bristol Sport logo, it could just as easily have been Adidas or Puma - the difference being the club retains more profit this way.

Still, none of these facts suit your anti-Bristol Sport agenda I suspect.

12 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Still trying to understand why any of this is specifically the fault of Bristol Sport. All of those criticisms could have been directed to shirts before Bristol Sport even existed - don't you remember TFG?

As for the Bristol Sport logo, it could just as easily have been Adidas or Puma - the difference being the club retains more profit this way.

Still, none of these facts suit your anti-Bristol Sport agenda I suspect.

Wont BS profit less as the shirt wont sell as well as it should now though?

We make our own kits, put it to a vote every year with four designs, job done.

Hashtags on a shirt. Woah. If you can put a positive spin on it, at least we're being talked about, albeit in a negative manner. 

Archived