IGNORED

2016/17 kit

alexukhc

Storm/Teacup

And Mad C is right. Last time the club consulted on the shirt they asked the fans who saw it to keep it quiet, that then led to resentment that only a select few blah blah blah.

Its a battle that can't be won unless they put it to an online open vote every single year.

5 minutes ago, chipdawg said:

QR codes? That's well 2012 bruv 

Am I the only person who doesn't really have any spare ***** to give about whether we have a hashtag on our shirt? It's a red football shirt, quell surprise Rodney

I think that a few will be genuinely outraged by the hashtags, but there's certainly a lot of 'emperors new clothes' syndrome going on. I'm largely indifferent to it    . Perhaps the positioning could have been better.

I think that #OTIB would have been genuinely funny, but I can't help but feel that that #makingbristolproud is a dig at the gas, because if there's one thing they're not doing, it's #makingbristol proud. 

2 hours ago, WTMS said:

BCFC have on several occasion's going back to votes on the badge design in the seventies.

By having a in house suppler Bristol Sport have the opportunity to be very flexible regarding design unlike Adidas who will provide a template.

One of the clubs pillars is community. The kit is an opportunity spurned of involving Bristol City's community - Fans.

Don't forget the 6th Pillar, the one out of Eldorado 

11 minutes ago, Mad Cyril said:

So once again 'fans' should be given control of decision making? Which ones exactly? 

All very well if we all agreed on the same thing. Fact is, we dont and won't. 

We are hardly going to agree on one design any more than we can agree on ticket prices, where the eastenders should be sat next season, if Hopesy is allowed to organise a football match, whether calling our own fans '****s' is good banter, or when or if I have to sing.

So just maybe, consulting with fans might not be the simplistic 'solves everything' solution?

Ever heard of democracy? A sample of just a few hundred fans would have been enough to establish the hashtags were a terrible idea.

We don't all have to agree, but you can easily obtain a consensus view to guide decision making with a minimum amount of market research.

Personally not bothered by the hashtags, I wouldn't have given it a second thought if it had appeared on somebody elses kit.

The red and white badge does make it look a little like a Middlesbrough kit mind.

Is my memory correct, that the original Purple and Lime kit was introduced by being parachuted in at the last game of a season, against Derby.

Supporter feedback, was a rendition of "what the ducking hell is that", so if that supporter feedback had been listened to, and the kit changed.

It would not have been possible for a few years later BC/BS to reintroduce it in response to supporter demand.

Although I'm not keen on the inclusion of the hashtag, as it appears a lot of fans aren't, if you're that against it don't buy the shirt for next season. 

I imagine that if as many people dislike it as is claimed then poor shirt sales will result in them being removed for the following season and for many seasons to come. 

With the wheels in motion for next season it's difficult to imagine they would remove the design at this stage. 

25 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I think that a few will be genuinely outraged by the hashtags, but there's certainly a lot of 'emperors new clothes' syndrome going on. I'm largely indifferent to it    . Perhaps the positioning could have been better.

I think that #OTIB would have been genuinely funny, but I can't help but feel that that #makingbristolproud is a dig at the gas, because if there's one thing they're not doing, it's #makingbristol proud. 

Don't get me wrong; had I been asked my opinion prior to the shirt being released, I probably wouldn't have been that keen (on the position as much as the 'hashtag' itself), but the outrage this has caused is mind-bogglingly disproportionate. If only people could turn this activist-rage to politics or social improvement instead of a football shirt...

4 minutes ago, chipdawg said:

Don't get me wrong; had I been asked my opinion prior to the shirt being released, I probably wouldn't have been that keen (on the position as much as the 'hashtag' itself), but the outrage this has caused is mind-bogglingly disproportionate. If only people could turn this activist-rage to politics or social improvement instead of a football shirt...

I think most people commenting on pretty much anything on this forum understand it's within the context of the subject matter - Bristol City football club - and that there are far more important issues in the wider world.

If we're only allowed to discuss or being annoyed by things that really matter, we wouldn't really have anything to discuss at all on here.

2 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I think most people commenting on pretty much anything on this forum understand it's within the context of the subject matter - Bristol City football club - and that there are far more important issues in the wider world.

If we're only allowed to discuss or being annoyed by things that really matter, we wouldn't really have anything to discuss at all on here.

Exactly, it's a bit like when people say "that puts football in perspective" on here when someone dies. It's about the context. This is "football chat" (or should I say #footballchat) on OTIB forum. We all know what we're here for.

I do love this place.

Mob rule, faux outrage about everything, lonely brooms, the need to be offended due to lack of consultation, and the liberal use of hash tags. 

Let's forget some slightly minor points.

Not mathematically safe.

Threadbare squad made up of loan players.

AND STILL NO CHIPS #DMS

4 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I do love this place.

Mob rule, faux outrage about everything, lonely brooms, the need to be offended due to lack of consultation, and the liberal use of hash tags. 

Not mathematically safe.

AND STILL NO CHIPS #DMS

Text book distraction techniques. No-one can face it: we are going down

5 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I do love this place.

Not mathematically safe.

AND STILL NO CHIPS #DMS

I'm outraged that you're not outraged.

36 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Ever heard of democracy? A sample of just a few hundred fans would have been enough to establish the hashtags were a terrible idea.

We don't all have to agree, but you can easily obtain a consensus view to guide decision making with a minimum amount of market research.

I believe market research was done with a small sample of fans though. Problem was, one of the buggers nicked the bloody sample and posted it online.

He has it proudly on display in his bedroom alongside a bunch of flags, a drum stick and some poor sod's wallet stuffed with Christmas bonus.

14 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

It's not that though. I've just never been able to get excited about football shirts. People get all excited when it's a good one and all outraged when it's a bad one. I think, "it's just a football shirt". City could play in denim leotards for all I care, so long as the football's good and we're winning games

I just can't get wound up about a shirt

53 minutes ago, Sydneybcfc said:

Storm/Teacup

And Mad C is right. Last time the club consulted on the shirt they asked the fans who saw it to keep it quiet, that then led to resentment that only a select few blah blah blah.

Its a battle that can't be won unless they put it to an online open vote every single year.

And then we'd end up with #ShirtyMcShirtFace...

33 minutes ago, Tjprobert said:

Although I'm not keen on the inclusion of the hashtag, as it appears a lot of fans aren't, if you're that against it don't buy the shirt for next season. 

I imagine that if as many people dislike it as is claimed then poor shirt sales will result in them being removed for the following season and for many seasons to come. 

With the wheels in motion for next season it's difficult to imagine they would remove the design at this stage. 

Depends how many they've already made I guess. If the club realise their mistake quickly, they may well be able to revise the design. It's only an iron-on patch so it wouldn't need a fundamental redesign.

Even if they have already made some, if shirts sales look likely to dip by 10-20%, it might still be worth making the change.

Archived