IGNORED

2016/17 kit

alexukhc

Massive own goal by the club including the hashtags.  It's immediately obvious from the feedback on here and social media that the reaction to them is overwhelmingly negative.  Yet apart from the hashtags, I actually quite like it.

If shirt sales are down say 20% solely because of the hashtags, then they have lost a sizeable amount of income.  Ironically the hashtags also make the shirt marginally more expensive to produce.

All avoidable with a minimum amount of market research.  Ask 500 fans what they'd think of hashtags on the shirt and 495 will say they hate them.  You have your answer and you avoid the own goal.

14 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I'm I the only person in the stadium who is not too fussed what the kit looks like - providing it's not blue?

No, you're not the only one Robbo (although I may have to draw a line at that horrific shirt they tried to impose on us 10 years ago :rofl2br:).

For what it's worth I like the deeper red colour of this shirt and last seasons, compared to the lighter red of 14/15, I love the simple red and white badge on this shirt and we aren't going to have 'the Hen and Chicken' or 'the Fighting Cocks' emblazoned over the front for a sponsor. The hashtags would bother me more if they weren't so small.

2 minutes ago, WTMS said:

Why not?

Bristol Sport are free of normal restrictions. football shirt.

The arrangement between BCFC / Bristol Sport could be unique in the UK.

Bristol Sport have gone beyond solely design of a football shirt. The crest has been altered, a slogan is being attached to the FC. That is wholly unnecessary.  It is rebranding to a degree.

I agree with you on many points and I think we are singing from the same book, if not exactly the same page.

My view is that the crest needs a redesign anyway - something simple, modern, and with a robin.  Along the lines of Norwich or Spurs. I would of course consult the fans on something so radical.

Regardless, in reference to this specific kit, and the general kit design process I see absolutely no reason why the fans need to be consulted.  As @Charliesboots said, the public can't design **** (see a recent boat naming story) and it is more efficient to pay, and provide a clear brief to, a professional.

Notwithstanding that I again agree that the 'slogan' #MakingBristolProud is terrible, has been imposed on the club and shirts, and should be removed and erased from history.

21 minutes ago, 29AR said:

I'm totally ambivalent to the point of them being on, them being off makes no difference to how much I like the shirt. The hashtag has become a commercial strap line and so if the club decides it wants to have that on the shirt I'm backing #on.

Maybe we should start a poll.....

# ON

f OFF

On ‎11‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 22:57, CITYAREREDANDWHITE said:

Pinstripes. Already been said on here, but yes, it's happening.

On ‎11‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 23:09, ChippenhamRed said:

OK I'll bite - source?

On ‎11‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 23:29, CITYAREREDANDWHITE said:

If you've seen some of my previous posts you'll know.

So then @CITYAREREDANDWHITE, please explain why we should believe anything you say in future?

I guess #'s are even more irritating to the youngsters.  Today's equivalent of the friend 20 years ago that would make a statement then follow it up with .com, every flaming time.  

If the shorts have 'simples' written on them I'll quite happily lead the way with my pitchfork and flaming torch.

4 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

No, you're not the only one Robbo (although I may have to draw a line at that horrific shirt they tried to impose on us 10 years ago :rofl2br:).

For what it's worth I like the deeper red colour of this shirt and last seasons, compared to the lighter red of 14/15, I love the simple red and white badge on this shirt and we aren't going to have 'the Hen and Chicken' or 'the Fighting Cocks' emblazoned over the front for a sponsor. The hashtags would bother me more if they weren't so small.

I must admit I quite like the badge myself,and the shirt is fine,and at least we are sponsored by a locally based national company,and not some local spit and sawdust shithole.

2 minutes ago, NOTBLUE said:

I must admit I quite like the badge myself,and the shirt is fine,and at least we are sponsored by a locally based national company,and not some local spit and sawdust shithole.

I think the overwhelming majority have no problem whatsoever with the kit design or sponsor. 

But hashtags?! Why are they there? What purpose do they serve. It's not the Internet, you can't click on the shirt. They are far too small to be seen/read on anything other than TV, so the only conclusion I can draw is that they seriously think people are going to go on Twitter after seeing us on TV and search for #makingbristolproud ?

It's not going to happen, and even if they do, all they'll find is tweets ridiculing the fact that we have hashtags on the kit! 

Or is it because that's now the 'marketing slogan' of the brand Bristol City? If that's the case, why not put it on the shirt somewhere unobtrusive WITHOUT a bloody hash in front of it? I seem to remember us doing something similar a few years back with 'BristolYourCity' on the back/bottom of a shirt somewhere  

Whichever marketing genius came up with this should be embarrassed!

I'm not massively worried about the hashtag, it's thinking outside of the box and if it doesn't build fans followers etc. then get rid for next season!

What I'm more annoyed about is the badge, last season tweaked it to more red and now it's all red! Beginning to want the Robin back more and more as each season goes on.

• Admin
34 minutes ago, 29AR said:

I'm totally ambivalent to the point of them being on, them being off makes no difference to how much I like the shirt. The hashtag has become a commercial strap line and so if the club decides it wants to have that on the shirt I'm backing #on.

Interesting point - this is Bristol Sport's 'tag line" - nothing to do with Bristol City

"Making Bristol Proud" has appeared alongside the rugby, basketball, 3 x racing drivers, swimmers . . ..  Does it have a place on our shirt?

• Admin
2 minutes ago, Claude said:

What I'm more annoyed about is the badge, last season tweaked it to more red and now it's all red! Beginning to want the Robin back more and more as each season goes on.

Very subtle change by the club - is it a rebrand / relaunch of our badge?

• Admin
37 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I'm I the only person in the stadium who is not too fussed what the kit looks like - providing it's not blue?

2Q==

Yet we wore blue and gold at Wembley . . . . Ironically in the season that we had already brought out a one off kit for the Stoke league match

3 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I think the overwhelming majority have no problem whatsoever with the kit design or sponsor. 

But hashtags?! Why are they there? What purpose do they serve. It's not the Internet, you can't click on the shirt. They are far too small to be seen/read on anything other than TV, so the only conclusion I can draw is that they seriously think people are going to go on Twitter after seeing us on TV and search for #makingbristolproud ?

It's not going to happen, and even if they do, all they'll find is tweets ridiculing the fact that we have hashtags on the kit! 

Or is it because that's now the 'marketing slogan' of the brand Bristol City? If that's the case, why not put it on the shirt somewhere unobtrusive WITHOUT a bloody hash in front of it? I seem to remember us doing something similar a few years back with 'BristolYourCity' on the back/bottom of a shirt somewhere  

Whichever marketing genius came up with this should be embarrassed!

I know what you're saying,I think they thought it would appeal to the younger supporters,and as has been pointed out to me by some of our younger supporters, this is well wide of the mark.

2 minutes ago, NOTBLUE said:

I know what you're saying,I think they thought it would appeal to the younger supporters,and as has been pointed out to me by some of our younger supporters, this is well wide of the mark.

Indeed, surely if you want to appeal to the urban yoof you would just put BANTER in big letters across the shirt. 

Imagine the sales in S82 alone :robbored:

• Admin
3 minutes ago, NOTBLUE said:

Very true - but practically every tweet by Andrew Billingham / Jon Lansdown / Bristol Sport ends with that tag - clearly something they are trying hard to promote, not convinced that was there thinking

2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Indeed, surely if you want to appeal to the urban yoof you would just put BANTER in big letters across the shirt. 

Imagine the sales in S82 alone :robbored:

Yeah,simples innit.

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

Very true - but practically every tweet by Andrew Billingham / Jon Lansdown / Bristol Sport ends with that tag - clearly something they are trying hard to promote, not convinced that was there thinking

Perhaps there was thinking,just not joined up thinking.

Archived