IGNORED

2016/17 kit

alexukhc

3 hours ago, Libertine1 said:

That's what I thought too.

Amy guesses on the other side #Bristol...?

Wondering if it might be simply #bristolsport on the other, which I know those who currently moan about anything bristol sport related with have a field day about. Reasoning being that "making bristol proud" has been a recurring slogan since the involvement of BS

Otherwise possibly #Bristolyourcity as that's been on the shirts before.

4 hours ago, CITYAREREDANDWHITE said:

Yes, but I didn't spell it defiantly, I spelt it definatly. Seems your not so good at reading as you are at spelling. 

Well then you didn't spell definitely right either :D:P 

(oh and it's you're if you want to carry on being pedantic ;) ) 

39 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

I see a lot of people banging on about the colour of the shirt, dare I suggest that the photo of the new shirt wasn't of great quality and actually it will be fine? 

Stop being sensible. It spoils the fun!!

"I also find it laughable that the same people who constantly have a pop at the Bristol Sport franchise are on this thread lamenting that they didn't get to pick which design they prefer, and the funny thing is they wont be buying one anyway."

Screech buy a kit for the little ones. Don't like the crest prefer a Robin but changing that sort of thing should be done with fans. Don't like Bristol sport because they are all over everything and its not necessary to be so visual at all. sticking #Bristol proud #makimgbristol proud making their logo so big again and changing the club crest to red is rebranding City with fans involved nowhere again.

41 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

I see a lot of people banging on about the colour of the shirt, dare I suggest that the photo of the new shirt wasn't of great quality and actually it will be fine? 

I wish it was that simple..

Another thing, why is it that whenever photos are leaked they look like they were taken using a potato?

3 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

Good marketing

True.

I think the whole thing is a clever guerilla marketing approach to attract attention to the new kit release.

We'll all be so relieved when we find out that the fake mock-up where somebody's changed the badge on a Middlesborough shirt and scrawled some hashtags upon it isn't actually the new kit that we'll buy them in droves.

Top marks for the marketing team.

10 hours ago, screech said:

Lets be honest, if you are the sponsor and you have paid a lot of money for this privilege, I think most would agree that it is only fair that you get to officially show the shirt first.

I also find it laughable that the same people who constantly have a pop at the Bristol Sport franchise are on this thread lamenting that they didn't get to pick which design they prefer, and the funny thing is they wont be buying one anyway.

Why is it laughable to think that supporters should have input into creating/retaining the identity of what purports to be their club?

11 hours ago, RedYoshi said:

From what I can't see in the non-picture that I haven't not seen yet, those possible hashtags - allegedly - don't look as though they're not #BristolProud, but seem to (obviously aren't really) be two different hashtags that aren't hashtags.

#MakingBristolProud on what I reckon might be the left, if there were such a thing, and #Bristol...something(I don't know because I haven't not unseen it) on the right of the photo, so left of the shirt, but actually nowhere as far as I know because I didn't see what nobody else has seen.

You can clearly see the edge of the 'g' before "BristolProud", and only see #Bris on the other side.

I mean, no you can't.

Bollocks, I've blown it.

Better get back to sorting the worst crime of them all - the prediction league corruption.

I think you're absolutely correct there RY. I quoted this last night and didn't send my reply so I'm stuck with the quote!

i actually would love it if the whole kit leak was a big publicity stunt and the real kit was nothing like it. That would be brilliant. 

#makingbristolproud is an interesting choice. 

Of course that would mean that next season we'll have to live up to the hashtag. With the greatest of respect, staving off relegation in the Championship is hardly making Bristol Proud (although I appreciate that it is comparative pride when compared with the gas). 

So does this hashtag subconsciously mean that SL is going to splash the cash? Who knows. 

13 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I haven't seen it, but if I had, I would probably be almost as bothered by the two-tone club badge that may or may not be on it, as everyone who hasn't seen it is by the hashtags that may or may not be on it.

The two-tone club badge I haven't seen looks horribly cheap, or at least it would do if I had seen it, which I haven't.

Agree, the badge looks tacky. I wish the club would just choose a club badge and stick to it instead of changing it all the bloody time.

1 hour ago, Taz said:

Stop being sensible. It spoils the fun!!

I find it quite amusing that people are lamenting the supposed shade of red on the new shirt but were more than happy with purple and lime?  A juxtaposition if ever I saw one.

At the end of the day some people always buy the kit, some people never buy the kit, I don't think it will make much odds.  For me, it's a fashion faux pas in my neck of the woods to be seen out in public with any kind of football shirt on, I might as well put trackie bottoms on, tuck them in my socks and slip my Lonsdale trainers on whilst contemplating the end of my life ;0)

9 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

I find it quite amusing that people are lamenting the supposed shade of red on the new shirt but were more than happy with purple and lime?  A juxtaposition if ever I saw one.

At the end of the day some people always buy the kit, some people never buy the kit, I don't think it will make much odds.  For me, it's a fashion faux pas in my neck of the woods to be seen out in public with any kind of football shirt on, I might as well put trackie bottoms on, tuck them in my socks and slip my Lonsdale trainers on whilst contemplating the end of my life ;0)

I don't understand why you can't not like the red while also liking the purple and lime. Two different kits serving two different purposes.

38 minutes ago, Fiale said:

Agree, the badge looks tacky. I wish the club would just choose a club badge and stick to it instead of changing it all the bloody time.

I actually like the badge....if they were changing it I'd rather they went for the Robin, but I do still quite like it.  Makes it our badge rather than the City of Bristol's.  I also quite like the shade of red too...!  

For me it's almost a really nice shirt from what I've definitely not seen!

But the hashtags still have to go!!!!

Still not taking to this making Bristol proud talk, I mean we are not going to make the gas proud and it kind of isolates many of our fan base who come from outside of Bristol (they could be proud to) and I have always seen us as a West Country club than just Bristol city which has 'THEM' up the road.

Same could be said of Bristol rugby in some respects but they have the privalige of being the only professional league team in this city for their sport.

14 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

The real issue here is that the club decide this without reference to us fans

Not acceptable in 2016

Why is the management so 19th century still?

I am rather sad that for all the talk of the importance of us the club continually ignore us

It's frankly embarrassing 

While I agree they've missed a trick, it's not like every other club does it.

15 hours ago, cider head said:

If what Phantom said is true about a photo shoot today then the club are better off cracking on and releasing the kit A.S.A.P tonight or in the morning rather than trying to spend time getting pictures off forums and social media.

The shirt is out there now and the club ought to crack on and do the same.

There's no chance they'd be doing a kit shoot this late in the day. It'll probably be worn against Huddersfield next weekend.

12 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

While I agree they've missed a trick, it's not like every other club does it.

There's no chance they'd be doing a kit shoot this late in the day. It'll probably be worn against Huddersfield next weekend.

Wrong and wrong.

2 minutes ago, RedM said:

Wrong and wrong.

The men and women are entirely different teams with different schedules. We don't play by calendar years, the club's kit shoots have happened well before release in previous years.

And you'll have to show me the wealth of other teams letting their fans choose their kit.

7 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

The men and women are entirely different teams with different schedules. We don't play by calendar years, the club's kit shoots have happened well before release in previous years.

And you'll have to show me the wealth of other teams letting their fans choose their kit.

You have completely lost me. For avoidance of doubt I was commenting saying you were wrong about the photo shoot being this late and wrong about the kit being worn when we play Huddersfield. Obviously the events of yesterday may change events but as things stand you will have to take my word. Infact if you don't believe me that's fine too, no worries.

I've never bought this Making Bristol Proud nonsense. My interest now is simply BCFC. I have a passing interest in Bristol Rugby. I have absolutely no interest in basketball or the son of the powerboat driver.

I suspect it's all about massaging an ego of a man who has more money than sense. 

But if there has to be a #, let's have my favourite # City Up Next Time ;)

• Admin
10 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

Sorry to disappoint @Robin1988 but the shoot was done yesterday afternoon at the ground 

I think the comment about fans choosing the kit is maybe more that at least in the past the FAN group were shown what it was to be like, and yes other clubs have put a variety of designs online before for their supporters to have a preference of

Right - the kit doesn't appeal, I hate the # and I wait and wish for the day the robin returns

Now, back to my usual end of season rant. PLEASE CHANGE THE NAME & NUMBER FONT

I've hated it from day one, and I continue to hate it. It must have been around for 10 seasons, time for a freshen up. I like the font United use in Europe

I know it's not a City thing, it's a FL thing, but it's ******* horrible. I feel the need to tweet the FL about it, please feel free to join my one man crusade.....please? :boxing:

Archived