IGNORED

2016/17 kit

alexukhc

Right then, after watching the video I have to say I like the kit even more. 

All red in my opinion looks great.

Clever white strip on the socks too, a design feature premium kit makers incorporate however they spend a significant amount more on R&D than we ever would so nice touch of imitation. 

If your curious the sock strips help with visual acuity of the passing player so they can spot runs etc. Also aids a player dribbling a ball by deflecting the opposing players view from the ball to the attackers legs. 

Same rule applies with fluorescent boots.

As for the # don't care.

For the most part , I like it.  The kit was all red when I started supporting them so that's all good.  

I do not like slogans on a shirt, I don't like the socks and I won't be buying it. mainly because I won't pay £45 for a shirt that I'd only wear occasionally, and never to football. 

TBF it must be incredibly difficult to come up with slight changes every year and they ain't gonna please us all , that's for chuffin' sure !

Anyone know if the second kit is changing too ? When they change it I hope they keep the colour scheme.

4 minutes ago, Charliesboots said:

Right then, after watching the video I have to say I like the kit even more. 

All red in my opinion looks great.

Clever white strip on the socks too, a design feature premium kit makers incorporate however they spend a significant amount more on R&D than we ever would so nice touch of imitation. 

If your curious the sock strips help with visual acuity of the passing player so they can spot runs etc. Also aids a player dribbling a ball by deflecting the opposing players view from the ball to the attackers legs. 

Same rule applies with fluorescent boots.

As for the # don't care.

Indeed, think it was Herbert Chapman who introduced striped (or hooped) socks because it would help them spot team mates and other managers complained it gave his side an unfair advantage.

15 minutes ago, Threshing Red said:

At least they are right about the badge though

I don't think Rovers fans have got any rights to take the piss out of other teams badges when their ridiculous pirate badge is more camp than a row of tents at Pontins.

As for the hideous blue and white quarters, looks like the sort of thing a jockey would wear.....but it's probably best not to position your average Gashead too close to any horse as they lose control of their bodily functions and start swinging wildly. 

55 minutes ago, WTMS said:

By implication fans who like/use the Angry Robin are chavvy ... No.

I do not disagree with a historical kits website, I am not a club historian, but the Robin is an intrinsic part of BCFC history. Maybe not your history, identity but clearly some of ours ... However that was not the point being made regarding consultation, positioning of the FC etc. A point you concede -  Consultations with the fans should happen. That consultation has not happened.

Bristol Sport are attaching #'s and slogans to the FC that are alien to the history of the club. The crest which you vehemently defend has changed colour. Yes that   -  Consultations with the fans should happen

"Bristol Sport are attaching #'s".

Another classic example of how everything bad is Bristol Sport's fault. What makes you think we wouldn't have added hashtags to the shirt if it was still just Bristol City?

The hashtags are a reflection of modern marketing, regardless of what we think of them, rather than evil Bristol Sport.

I certainly don't have a rose-tinted view of a club that got everything right off the pitch in the pre-Bristol Sport days...quite the opposite in fact.

5 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

"Bristol Sport are attaching #'s".

Another classic example of how everything bad is Bristol Sport's fault. What makes you think we wouldn't have added hashtags to the shirt if it was still just Bristol City?

The hashtags are a reflection of modern marketing, regardless of what we think of them, rather than evil Bristol Sport.

I certainly don't have a rose-tinted view of a club that got everything right off the pitch in the pre-Bristol Sport days...quite the opposite in fact.

I've pretty much given up doing the Bristol Sport are the root of all evil dance with WTMS, its just a never-ending circle of quotes being taken out of context and implications that weren't meant being added on to what you say.

3 minutes ago, KingLear said:

Aplogies if already mentioned but I've heard that apparently you have to pay £2 extra to have the hashtags on the shirt, but the option will be there to not have them....Twitter rumour though.

Can't see many if any people taking that up. Though if true it will highlight how much of an overreaction its been on here.

I'm struggling to find something to like. It looks like training wear to me, it's lacking something and yet has detail (hashtags) it doesn't need. It looks cheap rather than quality. Don't like the red shorts, the colour or the style, much better white and longer. Don't like the lettering on the socks either. Not sure why people are saying it's too dark either, must be my iPad looks more 'orangey red' than 'cherry red'. 

I've seen some really great kits designed on here. Would have much preferred  to have had a few of those mocked up and if we weren't allowed to choose then let the club snd players have a say at least.

Really don't mind the hash tags…never used one in my life…and from a distance they'll look like white stripes.

Shirts colour fine...

…but RED shorts!…splutter!...

….about the only thing that's sacred is us playing in red and white. Ah well, if we romp through the season no one will care…and at my age I'll not be buying replica kit anyway…but RED shorts…jeez...

6 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

A deafening silence from the club on this.

Whilst I would never buy one - regardless of hashtags - you'd think someone would come out and say 'okay, got this wrong, won't happen again'.

They're saving that statement for the blue away kit..

Have to say, I'm in the 'like it' camp. And as for all this hoo hah about the hash tags. Good grief. Get a grip. I really don't see how an extra bit of writing about our club and city can offend so many. Personally have never used Twitter so don't get all this hash tag stuff anyways.

2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

All red, urgh. Why do they keep pissing about with this? Just looks completely wrong to see us not in white shorts.

Don't see the huge fuss myself, but I saw us play in all red for the first 5 years I regularly watched us (2001-2006). I think red and white looks nicer, but its not a huge deal.

Archived