IGNORED

2016/17 kit

alexukhc

Actually think it's a nice looking kit. Would prefer white shorts but maybe Scotty has had a word and told the club they are a nightmare to keep white in the winter.

As for the #, honestly cannot see what the fuss is. Clubs have more and more writing on their kits nowadays with multiple sponsors but this is just 2 little bits of white text with 4 little lines interlinked at the start. You won't even notice it once you've got it on. It seems the club are just looking to modernise things. Unfortunately the majority of society rely on social media to live their lives and City are just latching onto that. 

14 minutes ago, hodge said:

Love this one!

Also what did you use to do this?

Ha thanks, it's a football manager photoshop kit template - if you google that you'll find loads of websites where you can download them. You'll need a photo editing package like Photoshop but there's a few free ones out there (such as GIMP) 

Coincidentally that's exactly what anyone will think of you if you wear a shirt with hashtags on it :laugh: 

2 hours ago, Charliesboots said:

If you're curious the sock stripes help with visual acuity of the passing player so they can spot runs etc. Also aids a player dribbling a ball by deflecting the opposing players view from the ball to the attackers legs. 

Same rule applies with fluorescent boots.

As for the # don't care.

City lack ambition with this. With modern technology, why not fit an LED dot matrix on each stripe? It could be voice activated by the player giving messages such as "On me 'ead son"

Looks alright in the video but I don't even know what hashtags are to be honest.

I thought it was all to do with Twitter when multiple people are talking about the same thing via that medium so can't see the relevance on a shirt.  

Plus the ocd in me doesn't like that they're different lengths.  Think they would look better at the bottom of each sleeve.  

9 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

The club are retweeting as many pro-shirt comments as they can find. It just reads like they know they are drowning in a sea of negative reactions and are desperately trying to put a positive spin on it.

Whilst retweeting a few gasheads taking the piss.. I truly despair at times.

5 hours ago, City169 said:

Presumably someone who had seen several of our previous kits with red shorts, or some of the post on here saying they like us in red shorts. 

Do you choose to be outraged at absolutely everything that isn't as you choose?

I have always hated us having red shorts, always associate it with poor seasons.

We are not Liverpool, we are Bristol City and we play in red shirts and white socks. 

Sorry but I dislike our identity being messed around with every couple of years.

16 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

The club are retweeting as many pro-shirt comments as they can find. It just reads like they know they are drowning in a sea of negative reactions and are desperately trying to put a positive spin on it.

I noticed that, it's a bit embarrassing. There must be 10x the amount of negative tweets so reads like they're making a point of defiantly ignoring them.

8 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Of course they are, nothing desperate about that........isn't that what Twitter is all about?

The general consensus out there what I can see is that in principle, the kit is alright......clearly there isn't much love for the hashtags but good god, get over it.......a couple of hashtags the size of your fingernail doesn't really warrant some of the hysteria on here

4 minutes ago, Just Red said:

Maybe the people are only tweeting the positive comments because they know they will get a retweet?

I thought that earlier, I've also noticed a couple of those being retweeted are 'matchday ambassadors' at the club.. Surely the club wouldn't ask people associated with the club to tweet positively about the kit? 

On 4/16/2016 at 09:26, mattjtsmith said:

As I mentioned before, I challenged a friend with designing us a new purple and lime. It's finished! What do you think?? I love it!!

image.jpeg

I love this, be interesting to see what he could come up with for the first kit.

Archived