IGNORED

2016/17 kit

alexukhc

I've decided I quite like it overall. It could be a lot worse - of course, the hashtags are dreadful and the badge is a mess but ignoring that it's not bad. I personally don't mind the red shorts apart from the association I have with us playing terribly away whilst wearing them against the likes of Leeds.

2 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

We are usually crap when we play in ALL red !  

Yes, before anyone says anything I know we're not great with white shorts, but we're particularly poor when playing in all red imho.

That's a bit like saying 'we were particularly crap when we played under Sean O'Driscoll, so we best never again appoint a manager with an Irish sounding name.....'

10 minutes ago, YorkshireSection said:

Red shorts equal relegation.

Stick to red and white, or is this the forward plan for BS?

Grim.....

I agree. Those white shorts had nothing to do with what happened between 1980-82, however red shorts....

29 minutes ago, WTMS said:

Again a point is being missed.

The use of Bristol Sport should provide more flexibility in design and pricing.

It creates an opportunity for fans to be included in shaping the identity of the FC with a supplier.

Bristol Sport - AB is very open in discussion about talking about brands. He has stated in the past that Bristol Sport need to concentrate more on the Bristol City brand v the Bristol Sport brand. Brand, brand, brand .. Not tradition, not identity, BCFC is a brand.

If Bristol Sport do not include fans (the reason for the clubs existence) in branding decisions, be that #, Bristol, #Makingbristolproud, red Shorts, red Crests they are rebranding the club and its fans.

It would be better to concentrate more on the Bristol City brand with fans, instead of excluding them. The former can be marketed as a positive, the latter? Autocratic, arrogant, crass ..

Please tell me more about those halcyon pre-Bristol Sport days when the fans got a say in all decisions and nothing about the brand or kit ever changed.

35 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

That's a bit like saying 'we were particularly crap when we played under Sean O'Driscoll, so we best never again appoint a manager with an Irish sounding name.....'

Well, Peter Doherty was a disaster so no we shouldn't appoint managers with an Irish sounding name.

1 minute ago, Drew Peacock said:

Well, Peter Doherty was a disaster so no we shouldn't appoint managers with an Irish sounding name.

It's not surprising though. On the smack and missing his creative foil when he doesn't work with Carl Barat. 

18 minutes ago, Bullbag said:

Horrific kit, it gets worse everything I see it. Wanky Bristol Sport bollox 

I'm the complete opposite. Hated it when I saw the sneaked pics of it in the packaging, now I like it more every time I see it.

The hashtags, whilst maybe being a little cheesy, really aren't very intrusive and don't bother me in the slightest. Could even be a future marketing opportunity where you can personalise them on your own kit if you buy it.

52 minutes ago, Malaggro is back said:

Whether they jump out or not is not the point.

I know they are there and it's a nasty little cheap gimmick. #Crass if you would.....

I think some people need to get a grip.....grown men whining over a character on a shirt no more than half an inch in size which can only really be seen up close......most of which would probably not have bought a shirt anyway

A marketing gimmick it may well be but this is not a "Cardiff" situation......some people need to put it into perspective. 

1 minute ago, RedRaw said:

I think some people need to get a grip.....grown men whining over a character on a shirt no more than half an inch in size which can only really be seen up close......most of which would probably not have bought a shirt anyway

A marketing gimmick it may well be but this is not a "Cardiff" situation......some people need to put it into perspective. 

Perspective, on OTIB? Don't be daft!

18 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

I haven't lost grip. Whether it's 'half an inch' or any other size doesn't make it palatable. It looks cheesey, cheap and all a bit embarrassing.

I wish it wasn't there. I wish BS would have taken the time to do some real consultation. I wish we had a nicer looking kit.

You are correct. I'd never buy a football shirt. Unpleasant items with bugger all style or quality. This latest offering is just that bit worse. I think the last two BS designed shirts were actually some of the better shirts in the last 10 years or so.

Sartorially football shirts are a non starter. I happen to like the game and the camaraderie. If our players are doing their stuff and are looking the part even better.

I don't like this kit and I like the #tags even less.

#Crass

11 hours ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

My approach when faced with a product I don't like, or I think is too expensive, is not to buy it.  Might help you here.

Standard fayre reply if one has alternatives; die hards who get nagged by their children, those who wish to walk proud with a City shirt or just to wear on match days its a little bit different. £45 when you have a captive audience and relatively inelastic demand is, in my opinion, exploitation. I suppose you can always buy a Gas shirt, thats the other option.

So yes you don't buy it if you are me but for others ? Not really cricket is it.

In all fairness to City they very rarely get the kit right and this season is no exception; it is just very disappointing its so wrong with those ridiculous red shorts ; Dare I say it but it would have been truer to tradition with blue ones. ! No consultation just foisted on the majority of fans whom the club knows are gullible. They do very well, it has to be said, in setting us up to whinge but for very good reason.

Perhaps we are about to buy a few players from Liverpool.

3 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Standard fayre reply if one has alternatives; die hards who get nagged by their children, those who wish to walk proud with a City shirt or just to wear on match days its a little bit different. £45 when you have a captive audience and relatively inelastic demand is, in my opinion, exploitation. I suppose you can always buy a Gas shirt, thats the other option.

So yes you don't buy it if you are me but for others ? Not really cricket is it.

In all fairness to City they very rarely get the kit right and this season is no exception; it is just very disappointing its so wrong with those ridiculous red shorts ; Dare I say it but it would have been truer to tradition with blue ones. ! No consultation just foisted on the majority of fans whom the club knows are gullible. They do very well, it has to be said, in setting us up to whinge but for very good reason.

Surely die hards will have got their kids a season ticket where the shirt comes free.

9 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Tell your kids no, and for you and the other diehards just buy a retro shirt off TOFFS:  better quality, better style and will not be changed in the next year or two.

But yes, I also agree that 45 quid for something with inelastic demand is bad form.

Archived