IGNORED

2016/17 kit

alexukhc

34 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

despite the initial outpouring of negative reaction on social media, it's clear the hashtags are here to stay. I suspect opposition fans will have fun with it at points this season, but no harm done in the scheme of things. 

Now an away kit with blue, that should be fun if true.

Or a rugby home kit that isn't blue. . . .  :facepalm:

42 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

despite the initial outpouring of negative reaction on social media, it's clear the hashtags are here to stay. I suspect opposition fans will have fun with it at points this season, but no harm done in the scheme of things. 

Now an away kit with blue, that should be fun if true.

I'd love a blue away kit.  For me it would signal maturity and a moving away from the incessant sniping at the Gas.

9 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I'd love a blue away kit.  For me it would signal maturity and a moving away from the incessant sniping at the Gas.

I'd love it for slightly different reasons. Because it's immature and would wind the few up no end :P

1 hour ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Man Utd wear blue away kits from time to time, even though Man City wear blue (admittedly a different shade of blue). But, I suppose, if we had a blue away kit we'd get a 50 page thread complaining we're like Man Utd. 

1 hour ago, richwwtk said:

I'd love it for slightly different reasons. Because it's immature and would wind the few up no end :P

What would the benefit be in winding up fans with the hash tags, red Crest, yellow and blue away kit (rumour?) versus including the club (its fans) in decisions?

2 minutes ago, WTMS said:

What would the benefit be in winding up fans with the hash tags, red Crest, yellow and blue away kit (rumour?) versus including the club (its fans) in decisions?

I didn't mention or ponder upon any benefits of blue in the away kit, I just thought it would be funny.

As for including fans in decisions, fans are regularly consulted so far as I can see, although not everything is chosen purely on fans.

For any fan consultation to be truly inclusive of all elements of the support you would effectively end up with decision making by committee and that would just result in blandness as too many compromises have to be made. You need to have somebody, somewhere at the top making the final decision, and the people in that position at the moment seem to be making a pretty decent fist of it so far all things considered. You're not going to please everybody all the time, but at least they are trying.

As for getting upset over the hashtags, why does it bother you so much? It seems a very petty thing to get wound up about.

53 minutes ago, RedM said:

I'm surprised the away kit hasn't been unveiled by now, maybe some hasty unpicking is going on as well as replacing the blue elements.

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/city-are-back-in-black-2580732.aspx

The away kit for 15/16 wasn't unveiled until 30th July last year! Could be a long way to go yet unfortunately...

2 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

I didn't mention or ponder upon any benefits of blue in the away kit, I just thought it would be funny.

As for including fans in decisions, fans are regularly consulted so far as I can see, although not everything is chosen purely on fans.

For any fan consultation to be truly inclusive of all elements of the support you would effectively end up with decision making by committee and that would just result in blandness as too many compromises have to be made. You need to have somebody, somewhere at the top making the final decision, and the people in that position at the moment seem to be making a pretty decent fist of it so far all things considered. You're not going to please everybody all the time, but at least they are trying.

As for getting upset over the hashtags, why does it bother you so much? It seems a very petty thing to get wound up about.

Hastags, red Crests, red shorts, alien marketing slogans ... In answer to your question. Those are parts of the clubs identity (its fans). The Supporters of Bristol City may actually dislike the culture, identity and traditions of Bristol City. Maybe the fans of Bristol City would prefer a crest and shirt like composition Vii instead, if so make these changes with fans, do not exclude them., There is a obvious benefit there, and with respect you have failed to highlight what the benefits of doing the polar opposite are.

14 minutes ago, Kotsy said:

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/city-are-back-in-black-2580732.aspx

The away kit for 15/16 wasn't unveiled until 30th July last year! Could be a long way to go yet unfortunately...

Well in that case it will be nice to have something to debate about as discussion about all our summer signings will be a bit stale due to them being in place for weeks!

9 minutes ago, WTMS said:

Hastags, red Crests, red shorts, alien marketing slogans ... In answer to your question. Those are parts of the clubs identity (its fans). The Supporters of Bristol City may actually dislike the culture, identity and traditions of Bristol City. Maybe the fans of Bristol City would prefer a crest and shirt like composition Vii instead, if so make these changes with fans, do not exclude them., There is a obvious benefit there, and with respect you have failed to highlight what the benefits of doing the polar opposite are.

There are indeed benefits to consulting fans and having their views expressed, but it still needs someone to make the final decision and you are never going to please all of the fans.

Hashtags and marketing slogans are just that, marketing, and there really shouldn't be a need to consult on what slogans they are going to use to promote the club, although I'll bet the guy who introduced the hashtags to the kit design is wincing at some of the criticism he's received. There has been plenty of consultation on other things that really do affect the fans directly, such as the East End/Atyeo but still people complain incessantly about that as well.

The red shorts are just part of the kit design and, whilst not always used, have certainly been part of the clubs history and are hardly a massive deviation from tradition. The next strip will probably re-introduce white shorts.

I'm not too sure how you can dislike the culture, identity and traditions of Bristol City if you are a supporter. They are exactly what make the club what it is and what we, as fans, are a part of.

2 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

Or a rugby home kit that isn't blue. . . .  :facepalm:

Could anyone within Bristol Sport be so utterly stupid to follow Tan at Cardiff City?

As long as summer follows spring and autumn comes after summer, the answer is a definite NO.

If it ever happened, what would I do with my navy blue and white scarf?

• Admin
1 minute ago, cidered abroad said:

Could anyone within Bristol Sport be so utterly stupid to follow Tan at Cardiff City?

As long as summer follows spring and autumn comes after summer, the answer is a definite NO.

If it ever happened, what would I do with my navy blue and white scarf?

Ha Ha Ha Ha :ph34r:

1 minute ago, richwwtk said:

There are indeed benefits to consulting fans and having their views expressed, but it still needs someone to make the final decision and you are never going to please all of the fans.

Hashtags and marketing slogans are just that, marketing, and there really shouldn't be a need to consult on what slogans they are going to use to promote the club, although I'll bet the guy who introduced the hashtags to the kit design is wincing at some of the criticism he's received. There has been plenty of consultation on other things that really do affect the fans directly, such as the East End/Atyeo but still people complain incessantly about that as well.

The red shorts are just part of the kit design and, whilst not always used, have certainly been part of the clubs history and are hardly a massive deviation from tradition. The next strip will probably re-introduce white shorts.

I'm not too sure how you can dislike the culture, identity and traditions of Bristol City if you are a supporter. They are exactly what make the club what it is and what we, as fans, are a part of.

So the Supporters of Bristol City should have been consulted? Advice should have been sought?

The # shirt is now part of the identity of the club, so is the red crest, it possible to dislike both and the culture that is creating them. Attaching alien slogans to the identity of the club goes beyond marketing, it is rebranding. Bristol Sport should be running the infrastructure of the club not acting as if they are the club itself.  

I would agree with the Vice Chair of FAN and the SC&T that Bristol Sport missed a valuable opportunity to consult fans.

I would disagree with your earlier post that about winding fans up fans ..

34 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

Did you cry like a girl when Park Furnishers put their name to the shirt in 1982 in a blatant marketing move?

6 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Did you cry like a girl when Park Furnishers put their name to the shirt in 1982 in a blatant marketing move?

I cry like a girl on regular occasions, but that particular move pre-dates my time as a City fan so it kinda passed me by.

P.S. I'm the one arguing that things aren't that bad, so not sure why you pointed the question to me?

18 minutes ago, WTMS said:

So the Supporters of Bristol City should have been consulted? Advice should have been sought?

The # shirt is now part of the identity of the club, so is the red crest, it possible to dislike both and the culture that is creating them. Attaching alien slogans to the identity of the club goes beyond marketing, it is rebranding. Bristol Sport should be running the infrastructure of the club not acting as if they are the club itself.  

I would agree with the Vice Chair of FAN and the SC&T that Bristol Sport missed a valuable opportunity to consult fans.

untitled.png

2 hours ago, WTMS said:

I have started imagining WTMS as this character..

bfi-00m-zsg.jpg

• Admin
2 hours ago, WTMS said:

Bristol Sport should be running the infrastructure of the club not acting as if they are the club itself.  

My concern surely Bristol Sport know they DON'T represent the City of Bristol and no doubt are not making the majority proud.

Also what about the VAST numbers of Bristol City fans that have no connection with the City of Bristol?

I do agree with the point above, stick to what they are good at - they should be a little more silent behind the scenes and remember we are BRISTOL CITY and Bristol Sport

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

My concern surely Bristol Sport know they DON'T represent the City of Bristol and no doubt are not making the majority proud.

Also what about the VAST numbers of Bristol City fans that have no connection with the City of Bristol?

I do agree with the point above, stick to what they are good at - they should be a little more silent behind the scenes and remember we are BRISTOL CITY and Bristol Sport

So just to be clear Bristol City can't market the fact they're from Bristol? May as well change our name to Sainsbury's FC in return for a packet of Quavers.

• Admin
7 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

So just to be clear Bristol City can't market the fact they're from Bristol? May as well change our name to Sainsbury's FC in return for a packet of Quavers.

Didn't say that - we're discussing #MakingBristolProud

25 minutes ago, phantom said:

#makingbristolproud appears insular. Its lacking in depth to some of us who also live in the City. Bristol City is the West Country club - Be proud of it.

A way of making the Bristol Sport brand x the Bristol City brand (Bristol Sports description) less parochial would be to include the fans of the football club in defining the identity of their club - The club shirt represented an opportunity.

10 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

So the issue is the choice of Bristol. #MakingSomePeopleFromBristolAndOtherPlacesTooProudPossiblyPerhaps

Yep, I see no problem with the wording in reference to a place. Imagine if it was Manchester United - #MakingSurreyDevonMalaysiaAndManchesterProud - I don't like the inclusion of them on the shirt but there's not much to quibble in the wording.

Archived