IGNORED

2016/17 kit

alexukhc

Haven't read this thread for a while but this one again makes for jovial reading in places. 

Not sure that City are either a Bristol Club OR a West Country club exclusively. They are a Bristol club which is part of the West Country i.e. remember chants of 'Bristol clap clap clap Bristol clap clapbclap' being followed by 'West Country la la la ...'. 

Expect that the majority of fans will have links to Bristol, either through birth, where they live, family, coupled with a significant number who are more West Country based if you asked them.

So don't see the Bristol focus being an issue as it is a Bristol club as can't see this alianating people ... also don't see it as a 're-brand' - this is from someone who whilst born in Bristol, left at 23 and lived in London before moving back to the West in Wiltshire. My youngest son has never lived in Bristol, yet he doesn't feel alienated by the club he supports being know as a Bristol club.

Ultimately MakeBristolProud is just hyped tag line and I take it in that vein.

COYR

Is this thread going to turn out exactly like a potential signing thread?

Some news gets dropped that nobody believes. It's then back up by some questionable evidence. People start to get worked up in both good and bad ways. When the news front turns stale everyone starts arguing with each other and starting a witch-hunt for one poster (normally kachina but in this case WTMS). Then finally around page 35 we get the confirmation putting us out of our misery / confirming a great signing. 

So based on that we've only got 5 or 6 pages to go until the club say they're removing the #'s. Keep posting people

So, to summarise... This thread has shown that pretty much everyone has a different opinion about this kit. But if the club (or the Evil Empire Bristol Sport, if you prefer) had consulted fans then we would have somehow ended up with a kit that each and every one of us liked. Okay, then.

24 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Please explain the connection between Bristol City, your self-proclaimed "Pride of Bristol", and Bob Marley and The Jam? #MakingBristolConfused 

Bob Marley used to live in the flats at the top of Long Cross, by Blaise Castle.

Bruce Foxton works in the barber shop by The Avon packet.

On 21 avril 2016 at 21:52, RedYoshi said:

From what I can't see in the non-picture that I haven't not seen yet, those possible hashtags - allegedly - don't look as though they're not #BristolProud, but seem to (obviously aren't really) be two different hashtags that aren't hashtags.

#MakingBristolProud on what I reckon might be the left, if there were such a thing, and #Bristol...something(I don't know because I haven't not unseen it) on the right of the photo, so left of the shirt, but actually nowhere as far as I know because I didn't see what nobody else has seen.

You can clearly see the edge of the 'g' before "BristolProud", and only see #Bris on the other side.

I mean, no you can't.

Bollocks, I've blown it.

Better get back to sorting the worst crime of them all - the prediction league corruption.

On the latter subject , I hope you found the envelope .;)

37 minutes ago, phantom said:

No my point is about the fact of using the hash tag #MakingBristolProud

As a % of people in Bristol today, how many will be "proud" of Bristol City?

To be fair, if you don't like the hashtag as it is, you're not really going to like #MakingAVerySmallProportionOfBristoliansProud

2 hours ago, phantom said:

No my point is about the fact of using the hash tag #MakingBristolProud

As a % of people in Bristol today, how many will be "proud" of Bristol City?

Suppose that's why they are making rather than made :mf_sleep:

"So, to summarise... This thread has shown that pretty much everyone has a different opinion about this kit. But if the club (or the Evil Empire Bristol Sport, if you prefer) had consulted fans then we would have somehow ended up with a kit that each and every one of us liked. Okay, then."

To summarise a LOT of fans do not like changes.

It is obvious to anybody with a knowledge of fans that these significant changes would gain a negative response.

To summarise further fans are stating that fans are part of the club. So they should be thoroughly consulted. Hardly radical.

If the above occurs the response will be different.

The counter argument appears to be that fans are not part of the club and so should not be consulted/ fans are part of the club but not worth consulting.

2 hours ago, Drew Peacock said:

If we achieve on the pitch quite a lot I should think.  I have no interest in gymnastics but I am proud of Claudia Frangapane, likewise Judd Trump, Precious McKenzie (one for the oldies) and any other successful Bristolian sportsman/woman or team.

Likewise I am proud of SS Great Britain, Aardman Animations, BAC, Concorde, Rolls Royce civil engine division, the Downs, HfT, I am proud of anything that makes Bristol a special place, people from Bristol that achieve or organisations that are in Bristol and achieve be they sporting, commercial, social or charitable.  I am even proud that Bristol is the green capital of Europe (but I don't quite get how or why).  I suspect I am not alone.

What about David Bryant?

Does he fall under a Pride of Clevedon heading or David Bryant - Pride of the West - Pipe Smoking Colossus of the Green?

2 hours ago, Drew Peacock said:

If we achieve on the pitch quite a lot I should think.  I have no interest in gymnastics but I am proud of Claudia Frangapane, likewise Judd Trump, Precious McKenzie (one for the oldies) and any other successful Bristolian sportsman/woman or team.

Likewise I am proud of SS Great Britain, Aardman Animations, BAC, Concorde, Rolls Royce civil engine division, the Downs, HfT, I am proud of anything that makes Bristol a special place, people from Bristol that achieve or organisations that are in Bristol and achieve be they sporting, commercial, social or charitable.  I am even proud that Bristol is the green capital of Europe (but I don't quite get how or why).  I suspect I am not alone.

I now have "I left my heart in Papworth General" rattling around my head.  Thank you.

Some fans are proud of Bristol (certain non gas parts) and some fans are proud of a big west country club on the basis of a fair chunck of supporters come from outside of Bristol and seeing WSM, Taunton, Frome, Radstock, Trowbridge  to name but a few in the past has seen us as a west country club.

To be fair ''Bristol City Pride of the West'' was once the clubs own slogan and even sold as official merchandise.

11133700_428187694030352_317888834209396

3 minutes ago, cider head said:

Some fans are proud of Bristol (certain non gas parts) and some fans are proud of a big west country club on the basis of a fair chunck of supporters come from
outside of Bristol and seeing WSM, Taunton, Frome, Radstock, Trowbridge  to name but a few in the past has seen us as a west country club.

To be fair ''Bristol City Pride of the West'' was once the clubs own slogan and even sold as official merchandise.

11133700_428187694030352_317888834209396

Is that Beryl Fudge.

3 minutes ago, NOTBLUE said:

"Pride Of The West" was used by just about every club from Swindon to Plymouth, it's a common marketing slogan wherever you are "Pride of Manchester/Liverpool/London/Sheffiield" etc.

The generic "Pride Of......" certainly wasn't just a Bristol City thing.

21 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

"Pride Of The West" was used by just about every club from Swindon to Plymouth, it's a common marketing slogan wherever you are "Pride of Manchester/Liverpool/London/Sheffiield" etc.

Yes, true, POTW was done so you don't isolate fans from outside your own bubble city.

Same said for nick names others have used the Robin but do we just stop playing in Red because others do it?

Certain parts of Bristol are just not going to be proud of Bristol City no matter how much #MAKING we try and do.

4 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

Can't remember saying that............

I think the club in the past are guilty of not reading up on history when the tourch gets past over from time to time, staff to staff, owner to owner and when bold changes are attempted it just leads to discussions like this thread.

What can be brushed off by others as small stupid issues do mean something to others, the way of the world..

Not in to hash tags on shirts myself but it's whats being said rather than the # itself,  so much a problem solver if it just said #Makingbristolcityfansproud and that is about fans and your team, not just location. The GAS won't be proud thats for sure.

12 minutes ago, Three Lions said:

So are the #makingbristouproudhashtaggers now saying Bristol City are not a west country team at all but just Bristols?

Not at all, just saying it's merely a marketing slogan aimed at the gullible and weak-minded types that fall for such gimmicks and therefore should not to be taken too seriously/literally

5 minutes ago, Three Lions said:

gullible and weak it insulting that. Pride of the west was no gimmick, it was about who Bristol City were. West country la la la West country la la la

Nothing gullible or weak about being proud of Bristol City and the West Country. I was talking more about people who are influenced by advertising and marketing.

And "Pride of the ......" was a slogan used by just about every club in the country for a while, certainly not just us.

2 hours ago, NOTBLUE said:

Can't remember saying that............

Not old enough to have been singing:

Ci-ity, Ci-ity,

Ci-ity, City

We are the pride of the We-est Country

I think that is how it went, or am I dreaming?

Perhaps it was boys from the West Country.  Too long ago to remember.............

20 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

Not old enough to have been singing:

Ci-ity, Ci-ity,

Ci-ity, City

We are the pride of the We-est Country

I think that is how it went, or am I dreaming?

Perhaps it was boys from the West Country.  Too long ago to remember.............

I certainly remember "fight, fight, wherever you may be, we are the boys from the West Country..." from the late 80s/early 90s 

Archived