IGNORED

2016/17 kit

alexukhc

10 minutes ago, RedM said:

I understand a lot of the points made, but for some people now is the only time they can justify getting a kit, if reduced. I'd rather see kids (and adults) wearing a Bristol City shirt than a ManU one, last season's  or the season's before. We might not have huge amounts of kit, but people have said there is still some in stock and I did see for myself last home game. It's not only shirts though it's all the other stuff. 

We have revamped the shop and now seem to have less choice than before, which I didn't think could be possible. I do always try to go in the away team's shops whenever I can. We do compare very poorly regarding price and range against just about everyone else. It's just an area where someone needs to be a bit more inventive in.

It's a good point - people wearing shirts, kids in particular, are effectively walking advertisements for the club. Speaking as a Dad of two children, I won't spend £30 on one t-shirt for my kids when I could buy about 5 or 6 from Next or wherever for the same money.

As you say, other clubs are discounting. Sport Direct is currently flogging discounted PL kids shirts. I despair how many kids are wearing Chelsea, Man City and Liverpool shirts around here and we're not helping ourselves one bit.

For me sale pricing (or lack of) is not the primary issue. The primary issue is the prohibitive initial cost. I will not spend £45 on a shirt. Not in August, nor in May. It is quite simply too much. Surely it is better for the club to sell more volume at a more reasonable price and have people all over the City wearing our colours?

11 minutes ago, Chris_Brown said:

For me sale pricing (or lack of) is not the primary issue. The primary issue is the prohibitive initial cost. I will not spend £45 on a shirt. Not in August, nor in May. It is quite simply too much. Surely it is better for the club to sell more volume at a more reasonable price and have people all over the City wearing our colours?

Evidently there are plenty of people who are willing to pay £45 - there are always loads of replica shirts on view at home games. The obvious solution is to reduce the cost towards the end of the season so they also get a sale from the likes of you and me, whilst maintaining the biggest margin for those willing to pay it.

44 minutes ago, RedM said:

I understand a lot of the points made, but for some people now is the only time they can justify getting a kit, if reduced. I'd rather see kids (and adults) wearing a Bristol City shirt than a ManU one, last season's  or the season's before. We might not have huge amounts of kit, but people have said there is still some in stock and I did see for myself last home game. It's not only shirts though it's all the other stuff. 

We have revamped the shop and now seem to have less choice than before, which I didn't think could be possible. I do always try to go in the away team's shops whenever I can. We do compare very poorly regarding price and range against just about everyone else. It's just an area where someone needs to be a bit more inventive in.

What would you like to see?

4 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Evidently there are plenty of people who are willing to pay £45 - there are always loads of replica shirts on view at home games. The obvious solution is to reduce the cost towards the end of the season so they also get a sale from the likes of you and me, whilst maintaining the biggest margin for those willing to pay it.

Yes, I quite agree that would be the best solution given that there are people willing to pay the inflated price. Shame the club seem totally unwilling.

I would be interested to know the actual sales figures per season.

• Admin
7 minutes ago, WTMS said:

What would you like to see?

Personally I would never wear a first team shirt, but would like a decent range of polo shirts

When I was a kid you used to be able to bedding, curtains etc

You don't have to look that far away to see someone else who has caught on http://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/news/article/massive-training-gear-sale-now-on-3105716.aspx

21 minutes ago, phantom said:

Personally I would never wear a first team shirt, but would like a decent range of polo shirts

When I was a kid you used to be able to bedding, curtains etc

You don't have to look that far away to see someone else who has caught on http://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/news/article/massive-training-gear-sale-now-on-3105716.aspx

http://shop.bristol-sport.co.uk/football

Fans having ideas is poison to the mind to some on Otib, but fans could do better.

A design on those badges and stickers looks very familiar .. Its use there??  

Of course blue is associated with Rovers but that is not a reason not to do something. Bristol Sport are rebranding City and that is the way football has gone. Tribalism and traditions wont fill the seats, new middle class fans are the target. The type who will not care about outdated harking on about being better than a second class outfit down the road. # red crests blue the more gimmicks the better.

2 minutes ago, El Hombrecito said:

I actually really like that :fear:

I honestly don't get the problem with us having a blue kit... 

Shame that's a fake because I think it looks rather good. 

• Admin
32 minutes ago, El Hombrecito said:

I actually really like that :fear:

I honestly don't get the problem with us having a blue kit... 

You've followed City away from home, we are playing Forest in that new kit, we win a corner and the chant starts to go up "COME ON YOU BLUES!" 

Can you honestly say you could chant this without feeling a little dirty inside?

I don't mind the colour blue, I wouldn't even mind it featuring a little in a kit, but as the predominant colour? For me, that's a step too far.

Yes turn it around, I said before that if we took the blue from the Gas it would be quite an insult to them. Claim back the blue, a nice navy blue, and make it Bristol Blue. 

But yes, shouting come on you blues would be going to far. Maybe a bit of dark blue trim, not sure what would go well as a contrast, hopefully something that classy not tacky. 

1 hour ago, RedM said:

Yes turn it around, I said before that if we took the blue from the Gas it would be quite an insult to them. Claim back the blue, a nice navy blue, and make it Bristol Blue. 

But yes, shouting come on you blues would be going to far. Maybe a bit of dark blue trim, not sure what would go well as a contrast, hopefully something that classy not tacky. 

You're describing something that definitely couldn't get mixed up with the squatters !

2 hours ago, Ian M said:

You've followed City away from home, we are playing Forest in that new kit, we win a corner and the chant starts to go up "COME ON YOU BLUES!" 

Can you honestly say you could chant this without feeling a little dirty inside?

I don't mind the colour blue, I wouldn't even mind it featuring a little in a kit, but as the predominant colour? For me, that's a step too far.

But it's still COYR. When have we ever sung any different?

• Admin
4 hours ago, Libertine1 said:

But it's still COYR. When have we ever sung any different?

I've definitely been away when it's be adapted for both white and yellow shirts. (Regardless of the fact yellow really doesn't scan well)

I honestly don't think if there is blue in the kit it will be the main colour, think the club must realise that would be a step too far. I do see some swop over between us and the rugby though and vice versa. 

Archived