IGNORED

2016/17 kit

alexukhc

12 hours ago, Cowshed said:

"My point (which I think you are deliberately choosing to ignore) is that even if there was a consultation with fans, we would probably still end up with a kit that a lot of people dislike."

I totally disagree with that. Having fans involved is the way forward to help those who have made obviously bad decisions to stop making them again. Having fans involved would be a brilliant thing to do. I hope that discussion is being held now about next season to prevent #horsesarse Mk II .

But it's your - and a few others - opinion that the new kit is a "bad decision" and a horse's arse. Others seem to like it and I suspect the majority of fans don't really care that much. 

I use trains every week without having strong opinions on the uniforms GWR provide their staff and the ridiculous marketing slogans they plaster their trains with.

I realise that there is a difference between the regard the two organisations are held in, but tbh if things all devolved to having to be run past "fans committees" - none of whom I'm ever likely to serve on being a non-Bristol located fan who works full-time - they'd probably never get decisions made. 

If anyone should be consulted for their opinions,  it's the players who have to wear the kit.  Who knows, maybe they were? :dunno:

Just heads up to anyone buying something. I just bought some shorts and I didn't have my season card with me so they wouldn't let me have the discount. I said I bought numerous items before without my card but he said it's changed u have to have your card . I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere . Just make sure you take your season card if u want your discount 

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

I use trains every week without having strong opinions on the uniforms GWR provide their staff and the ridiculous marketing slogans they plaster their trains with.

I used to listen to their radio station. That was rubbish too. 

"So when a fan suggests putting hash tags on and BS say "great idea!" then you will be content?"

Drew - I feel you are deliberately missing a point. If existing fans bodies are used more than "a fan" can be included.

"But it's your - and a few others - opinion that the new kit is a "bad decision" and a horse's arse."

Rob - A poll on here says differently. Hardly a solid barometer but easily enough to identify a poor idea. A poor idea a group of fans used as a focus group would have highlighted instantly.

Back in the mid 90's i think it was, the club released about 4 or maybe 5 potential new kits that were show in the Evening Post (yes the actual paper version, no horrendous internet version then kids).

Not sure if anyone else can remember that, i'm pretty sure there was some kind of voting system setup. From a hazy memory, i think one kit just looked like Arsenal and another was a red and white version of Blackburn's kit.

Hoping someone else remembers and can confirm which kit we actually played in that year.

5 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

The club would have to be very brave to open kit design up to a web/public vote........................Boaty McBoatface is all I should need to say at this point.

#BoatyMcBoatface on our shirts would be a very respectful nod to our fair city's maritime heritage.  Get it done.

8 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

The club would have to be very brave to open kit design up to a web/public vote........................Boaty McBoatface is all I should need to say at this point.

I think they should name it this. I know the establishment don't like it, but lets be honest who cares about the Arctic research vessel ? No one is going to get that excited about it, no one is going to be "hey RRS Henry Worsley is coming into dock this weekend", "Hey RRS  Henry Worsley captured this footage of whales"   but RRS Boaty McBoatface - people will find it funny, Boaty McBoatface is coming into town !!!   McBoatface was facing some down some whales... Science needs to lighten up at times... and maybe this would be a way top get the public on board a little.

2 minutes ago, Fiale said:

I think they should name it this. I know the establishment don't like it, but lets be honest who cares about the Arctic research vessel ? No one is going to get that excited about it, no one is going to be "hey RRS Henry Worsley is coming into dock this weekend", "Hey RRS  Henry Worsley captured this footage of whales"   but RRS Boaty McBoatface - people will find it funny, Boaty McBoatface is coming into town !!!   McBoatface was facing some down some whales... Science needs to lighten up at times... and maybe this would be a way top get the public on board a little.

I quite agree, but not so sure I'd be so keen on a similar wave of public opinion choosing a 'comedy' kit for City

"The club would have to be very brave to open kit design up to a web/public vote......"

Lots of clubs have managed to have kit votes. It would not be an onerous task for Bristol Sport x say the Supporters Trust to create a system. A system where the fans vote for a kit to be worn by the team that exists because of it supporters.

49 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Back in the mid 90's i think it was, the club released about 4 or maybe 5 potential new kits that were show in the Evening Post (yes the actual paper version, no horrendous internet version then kids).

Not sure if anyone else can remember that, i'm pretty sure there was some kind of voting system setup. From a hazy memory, i think one kit just looked like Arsenal and another was a red and white version of Blackburn's kit.

Hoping someone else remembers and can confirm which kit we actually played in that year.

Yes I remember that and there was definitely a weird Blackburn-type design like you have mentioned. I think I recall one of them had black socks as well - very odd. From what I remember the winning design was the kit we wore in the season when David Seal and Agostino were our main strike force and there was a very early goal in the first home game against Blackpool.

15 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

"The club would have to be very brave to open kit design up to a web/public vote......"

Lots of clubs have managed to have kit votes. It would not be an onerous task for Bristol Sport x say the Supporters Trust to create a system. A system where the fans vote for a kit to be worn by the team that exists because of it supporters.

Can you talk me through the process of working such a vote?  Making sure only eligible supporters can register, making sure people only vote once, who will pay for the overhead involved, who will staff it to ensure good controls etc.  From your post it seems you know it is not an onerous task, so I am interested in knowing more details.

2 minutes ago, Offside said:

Yes I remember that and there was definitely a weird Blackburn-type design like you have mentioned. I think I recall one of them had black socks as well - very odd. From what I remember the winning design was the kit we wore in the season when David Seal and Agostino were our main strike force and there was a very early goal in the first home game against Blackpool.

Always nice to know your ageing memory isn't as bad as you think it is!

If that's the season then it was one of the Nibor kits - which i think were done in house much like the Bristol Sport ones we currently use.

5 minutes ago, Offside said:

May have been the 1st year the Ateyo opened.  I know I was sat at that end.  Match kicked off, I looked down to stuff my programme  beneath my seat, looked back up, 0-1 down....  Might have been one of the reasons I stopped buying programmes.

9 minutes ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

Can you talk me through the process of working such a vote?  Making sure only eligible supporters can register, making sure people only vote once, who will pay for the overhead involved, who will staff it to ensure good controls etc.  From your post it seems you know it is not an onerous task, so I am interested in knowing more details.

Also: who would be eligible? Anyone who visits the website (open to rogue agents)? Season ticket holders only (but then you're excluding some of the fanbase)?

5 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Also: who would be eligible? Anyone who visits the website (open to rogue agents)? Season ticket holders only (but then you're excluding some of the fanbase)?

Just restrict it to superfans. That's the obvious choice. 

Just bought mine! (Sorry)

Girl in the shop said, if I am to wear it tomorrow, bring the receipt because the police/stewards are checking that it was bought and not stolen! I said "you're joking right..." she replied "no" :huh:

Something to do with stolen shirt that was leaked on here a couple of days prior to the club releasing the images.

Needle in a haystack comes to mind!

3 minutes ago, StuuRed said:

Girl in the shop said, if I am to wear it tomorrow, bring the receipt because the police/stewards are checking that it was bought and not stolen! I said "you're joking right..." she replied "no" :huh:

Something to do with stolen shirt that was leaked on here a couple of days prior to the club releasing the images.

Only if you're a XXL.

9 minutes ago, StuuRed said:

Why'd you post that online? Just to alert the thief to now not wear it tomorrow?

Well done, hope you're prowd.

16 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

"Can you talk me through the process of working such a vote? ."

As pointed out earlier. Fans bodies are the logical starting point. A skilled trustworthy organisation like the Supporters Trust perhaps could start the process?

But it is you advising it is not onerous, so I merely assumed you knew the ins and outs.  Would be good if you could provide more details.

• Admin

I'm sure Bristol Sport could add a page/poll to their website that is only accessible once you sign in with your Supporter ID. Anyone who has bought a ticket for the last 2 seasons has a supporter ID.

Im not saying it should be done, just that it could be opened up quite easily to the fan base at large and then it would simply require someone to look at the final result.

"But it is you advising it is not onerous, so I merely assumed you knew the ins and outs. Would be good if you could provide more details."

No is not a onerous tasks picking up a phone and asking other clubs what they do.

How about Millwall? Who worked with their Supporters club to produce four kits fans could vote on. The process was not hijacked by West Ham fans.

4 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

"But it is you advising it is not onerous, so I merely assumed you knew the ins and outs. Would be good if you could provide more details."

No is not a onerous tasks picking up a phone and asking other clubs what they do.

How about Millwall? Who worked with their Supporters club to produce four kits fans could vote on. The process was not hijacked by West Ham fans.

So, you don't actually know the process, or are unwilling to share your knowledge?  No worries either way.

Archived