IGNORED

2016/17 kit

alexukhc

Making Bristol Proud is simply a marketing slogan and why not try to tell the rest of the country/world that Bristol is a proud city? And promoting our sporting clubs.

Not really much different to the BAC and Concorde, Fry's Chocolate, Aardvark and Wallace & Grommet. And even that the BBC National History unit is Bristol based. A great city to live in, apart from the traffic, much better than plenty of other cities and towns.

8 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Making Bristol Proud is simply a marketing slogan and why not try to tell the rest of the country/world that Bristol is a proud city? And promoting our sporting clubs.

Not really much different to the BAC and Concorde, Fry's Chocolate, Aardvark and Wallace & Grommet. And even that the BBC National History unit is Bristol based. A great city to live in, apart from the traffic, much better than plenty of other cities and towns.

Aardvark? Isnt it Aardman lol 

#makingbristolproud what is that all about Mate?

Well its Bristol City?

Is it?

Not really as I'm from elsewhere but I was told if I don't wear it my brain will swell to the size of a melon and I cant be part off the club anymore.

Why does that logo look like a shaved lady garden?

Well I'm being told what to think like a ... Best wear one swell.

34 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

I'm not from Bristol and have no issue whatsoever with the MakingBristolproud slogan.

It's not far removed from the old "Pride of the West Country" stickers you used to get for every club from Swindon down to Plymouth

In Bristol City's case it was Pride of the West. A club slogan, motto going beyond stickers (??). 

One identifies Bristol City as a West Country club. A West Country club that plays it's football in the City of Bristol.

#makingbristolproud  is? About Bristol and minority sports. The positioning is clearly different.

Perhaps fans are happy to have the Club re-branded in this manner, but they have not been asked. As you indicate fans are part of this club, but feel fans should not be consulted in regards to their clubs shirt. That is an uneven idea of what a club fundamentally is.

1 minute ago, WTMS said:

In Bristol City's case it was Pride of the West. A club slogan, motto going beyond stickers (??). 

One identifies Bristol City as a West Country club. A West Country club that plays it's football in the City of Bristol.

What's the West Country though? Why should we be associating with Dorset and Cornwall? We're a Bristol club, based in Bristol, with Bristol in our name.

What's the barrier to using our Bristol heritage?

2 minutes ago, WTMS said:

#makingbristolproud  is? About Bristol and minority sports. The positioning is clearly different.

Perhaps fans are happy to have the Club re-branded in this manner, but they have not been asked. As you indicate fans are part of this club, but feel fans should not be consulted in regards to their clubs shirt. That is an uneven idea of what a club fundamentally is.

I am sorry but not for the first time I haven't a bloody clue what you are saying.

Do we need to rename this forum 'One Team In The West Country'? 

4 minutes ago, Mad Cyril said:

I am sorry but not for the first time I haven't a bloody clue what you are saying.

Am with you Cyril.  I lost my way some pages back.  Now I just read his posts with a Peter Sellers voice playing in my head.

17 minutes ago, Mad Cyril said:

One team in Bristol is not included on the club shirts. #makingbristolproud is.

Rich agrees that fans are part of the club. Well if they are include them in decisions which affect the identity of their club - The shirt.  

5 minutes ago, WTMS said:

Rich agrees that fans are part of the club. Well if they are include them in decisions which affect the identity of their club - The shirt.  

If the club had come to you and asked "what do you think about having Making Bristol Proud as a slogan and maybe including it in small lettering somewhere on the new strip?" what would you have said? I don't see much of an issue with it, if you disagree then it only serves to show why fan consultation isn't necessarily a good idea.

2 minutes ago, WTMS said:

Is this the Rich who previously typed:

I'm not from Bristol and have no issue whatsoever with the MakingBristolproud slogan.

It's not far removed from the old "Pride of the West Country" stickers you used to get for every club from Swindon down to Plymouth

Or some other Rich?

13 minutes ago, WTMS said:

Was Basso on good form when he asked you if he could say 'always believe' without causing offence?

Seem to remember the club having banners saying that at one point as well.

26 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

If the club had come to you and asked "what do you think about having Making Bristol Proud as a slogan and maybe including it in small lettering somewhere on the new strip?" what would you have said? I don't see much of an issue with it, if you disagree then it only serves to show why fan consultation isn't necessarily a good idea.

I would state engage thoroughly.

Use FAN reps to gauge feeling. Ask them to do it proactively in order to identify possibly contentious elements.

The changes are

Not popular on Otib.

Given that this is forty years on from 1976 maybe if the healthy  idea of fans being involved in design was pursued, something different than #makingbristol proud, red shorts and a red crest would have been created via co-operation with fans.

I think the simple fact is that we have to accept - if we want the Tomlin's, the new stadium, the promised land... - is that football is now a business. Like it or not, that's the reality.

This has ultimately been done for one reason and one reason alone, that the powers that be believe (correctly or otherwise) that it will lead to an increase of revenue, indirectly. It's not about whether the fans like it.

That's the bottom line (sorry, accountant pun - couldn't resist). 

17 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I think the simple fact is that we have to accept - if we want the Tomlin's, the new stadium, the promised land... - is that football is now a business. Like it or not, that's the reality.

This has ultimately been done for one reason and one reason alone, that the powers that be believe (correctly or otherwise) that it will lead to an increase of revenue, indirectly. It's not about whether the fans like it.

That's the bottom line (sorry, accountant pun - couldn't resist). 

Whether we like it or not, give it two to three years and every team will have hashtags on their kits. That's just the way the world is going unfortunately.

I just wish we didn't have to be the first team to do it!

9 minutes ago, Kotsy said:

Whether we like it or not, give it two to three years and every team will have hashtags on their kits. That's just the way the world is going unfortunately.

I just wish we didn't have to be the first team to do it!

I bet they won't, the idea of a hashtag is that you can click on it and instantly search - you can't do that with a football kit. There's no functionality with it, it's different if they use it with every tweet or something. 

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I bet they won't, the idea of a hashtag is that you can click on it and instantly search - you can't do that with a football kit. There's no functionality with it, it's different if they use it with every tweet or something. 

give it a couple of years and we'll be fielding a team in virtual reality.

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It doesn't stop them being used extensively in print newspapers/magazines, billboards, tv adverts etc etc. 

Sadly I fear it's correct that this is something we will see more and more of. 

Eaaentialy it's no different to any other kind of advertising/exposure. 

Not much difference between these on the back of the shorts:

Poplar Insulation

#poplarinsulation

I guess the marketing/brand gurus think the urban yoof are more likely to pick up their smartphone and look for it if it has a # in front of it? 

20 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I wish it was only that, having overheard nine year olds making verbal comments preceded by "Hashtag" in the last few weeks

Archived