IGNORED

2016/17 kit

alexukhc

• Admin
3 minutes ago, City169 said:

So your argument now is that because it hasn't been done (by someone else) yet, it won't happen. Not the best argument.

As shown earlier in the thread, other clubs have had a hashtag on the top before, so that nothing groundbreaking there either.

No - nowhere have I mentioned anything about being the first - bit of a random assumption

I personally don't like the whole #MakingBristolProud that Bristol Sport are tagging onto anything and everything they can - for me it has no place on our shirt. 

The tag has been seen with 3 x racing drivers, a basketball team, waterpolo team, a cricket team (who's members voted against changing their name to associate with Bristol) 

How can we claim that Bristol City FC are making the City proud ? I suspect a vast majority don't give a hoot about us 

This ISN'T an anti Bristol Sport thing, I can understand the benefits of them

10 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Sorry, I just don't get your West Country obsession and don't get your consultation obsession either.

Using your logic it appears you would advocate renaming the club West Country United.

Make the 'spelling out our name' chant, a bit long winded. 

Country lends itself to an unfortunate abreviation too.

4 minutes ago, phantom said:

No - nowhere have I mentioned anything about being the first - bit of a random assumption

I personally don't like the whole #MakingBristolProud that Bristol Sport are tagging onto anything and everything they can - for me it has no place on our shirt. 

The tag has been seen with 3 x racing drivers, a basketball team, waterpolo team, a cricket team (who's members voted against changing their name to associate with Bristol) 

How can we claim that Bristol City FC are making the City proud ? I suspect a vast majority don't give a hoot about us 

It's a marketing slogan. The vast majority of marketing slogans are patently bollocks (8 out of 10 cats prefer it etc.) but they still get plastered everywhere.

I personally don't like advertising and marketing and would prefer that it didn't exist at all. But if you accept it as a facet of modern life, then it doesn't seem like that big a deal.

2 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

It's a marketing slogan. The vast majority of marketing slogans are patently bollocks (8 out of 10 cats prefer it etc.) but they still get plastered everywhere.

I personally don;t like advertising and marketing and would prefer that it didn;t exist at all. But if you accept it as a facet of modern life, then it doesn't seem like that big a deal.

Asda were "saving you money everyday" but I didn't go there every day. The scumbags.

9 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Asda were "saving you money everyday" but I didn't go there every day. The scumbags.

Yeah, right on brother. Say no to saturation, over the top advertising.

Simples...

On 24/04/2016 at 20:52, bs3 said:

Don Revie changed the Leeds kit from yellow to white.

Yeah as recently as the 1950's Leeds United played in Blue shirts! Madness. On the subject of white City shorts, Man U have often been known to wear back or white shorts as part of their home kit haven't they?! Having said that I prefer City in the 'classic' red/white/red!

34 minutes ago, phantom said:

So it's saying that Bristol City are one of the groups aiming to make Bristol noticed, alongside the aforementioned.

Nike have "just do it" on the shirts that they sponsor (albeit on the inside) apart from location what is the difference?

11 hours ago, WTMS said:

Bristol City is a West Country team playing in the City of Bristol. A club that attracts support from the West Country v the narrower confines of Bristol. That is part of Bristol City's attraction to some of us having friends from Somerset, Wiltshire etc. The club some of us started our support with proudly stated it was a West Country club.

New slogans are a form of re-branding.

Bristol Sport chose not to use its own consultative body - FAN. Bristol Sport chose not to consult anybody. That is poor. A easy point to understand.

Looking at the new batch of stickers from January. Can I just point out the sticker on the second row

CYy4GHaUEAAtR-a.jpg

Article from today:

States...

" All home shirts, from 0-3 months to XXXXL will be unavailable, along with shorts and socks. No goalkeeper kits will be on sale. "

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/new-201617-home-kit-on-sale-friday-3078915.aspx

So basically, title is " New 2016/17 home kit on sale tomorrow (Friday)".

But they're all unavailable apparently.

Sorry to let those down who wanted to buy a shirt tomorrow.

Silly club, misleading headline, SACK THE BOARD.

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Forgot to add, I wasn't saying you said we were the first, that was a separate point, hence being a separate paragraph

42 minutes ago, Scrumpy said:

Article from today:

States...

" All home shirts, from 0-3 months to XXXXL will be unavailable, along with shorts and socks. No goalkeeper kits will be on sale. "

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/new-201617-home-kit-on-sale-friday-3078915.aspx

So basically, title is " New 2016/17 home kit on sale tomorrow (Friday)".

But they're all unavailable apparently.

Sorry to let those down who wanted to buy a shirt tomorrow.

Silly club, misleading headline, SACK THE BOARD.

Doh! That should read available!!!

Amended now.

Regards, Adam

• Admin
1 hour ago, City169 said:

Nike have "just do it" on the shirts that they sponsor (albeit on the inside) apart from location what is the difference?

Point clearly lost if you can't see the difference between a manufacturers label and some tacky hash tag

• Admin
12 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

Do you not think Leicester city will be making Leicester and its people proud when they win the premier league?

Clearly an 'extreme' example - but again no doubt many of the city couldn't give a hoot - what about all their supporters away from Leicester ?

Surely there is far more to worry about than the hashtag?

Red badge looks a bit naff
The look of the material reminds me of that 05/06 TFG Champagne colour atrocity of a shirt
Red shorts...?
Bristol on the socks

The kit is an absolute shocker compared to recent years

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

Clearly an 'extreme' example - but again no doubt many of the city couldn't give a hoot - what about all their supporters away from Leicester ?

Think about it......,First and foremost the club is representing the city to which it is based and named.

As such, any achievement regardless of scale is usually followed by a civic parade in the city. Local fans and those from further afield celebrate the achievement by going to the city before the club attend a banquet or such event with the city mayor and dignitaries.

Can you see a trend here?

Your argument would suggest as the club represents the West Country and we have fans all over the West Country and such parades for bcfc should be held somewhere central to the West Country....yeovil?

2 hours ago, Big C said:

Looking at the new batch of stickers from January. Can I just point out the sticker on the second row

CYy4GHaUEAAtR-a.jpg

Please explain the connection between Bristol City, your self-proclaimed "Pride of Bristol", and Bob Marley and The Jam? #MakingBristolConfused 

1 minute ago, phantom said:

No my point is about the fact of using the hash tag #MakingBristolProud

As a % of people in Bristol today, how many will be "proud" of Bristol City?

The entire population minus about 7,001.

The one being Ferguson, but he will jump on the band wagon and pretend to be proud.

8 minutes ago, phantom said:

If we achieve on the pitch quite a lot I should think.  I have no interest in gymnastics but I am proud of Claudia Frangapane, likewise Judd Trump, Precious McKenzie (one for the oldies) and any other successful Bristolian sportsman/woman or team.

Likewise I am proud of SS Great Britain, Aardman Animations, BAC, Concorde, Rolls Royce civil engine division, the Downs, HfT, I am proud of anything that makes Bristol a special place, people from Bristol that achieve or organisations that are in Bristol and achieve be they sporting, commercial, social or charitable.  I am even proud that Bristol is the green capital of Europe (but I don't quite get how or why).  I suspect I am not alone.

15 minutes ago, phantom said:

A point that was answered with regards to marketing slogans rarely literally mean what they say.

Is Sky Q really fluid viewing? Does GEOX footwear really make you start breathing? Will Lloyds Bank really be by my side for my next step?

Archived