IGNORED

2016/17 kit

alexukhc

"So, you don't actually know the process, or are unwilling to share your knowledge? No worries either way. "

No I do not know what exact processes are used at numerous clubs. I do feel that the logical starting point would be a fans body as has occurred elsewhere. Other clubs have considered their fans and Supporters clubs to be competent and trustworthy enough to enter into forms of consultation.

What is the problem with looking at these alternatives?

To me it would be a great thing to do.

1 hour ago, Offside said:

Yes I remember that and there was definitely a weird Blackburn-type design like you have mentioned. I think I recall one of them had black socks as well - very odd. From what I remember the winning design was the kit we wore in the season when David Seal and Agostino were our main strike force and there was a very early goal in the first home game against Blackpool.

I remember that game, they scored after 12 seconds. Sam Allardyce was their manager at the time. Was August 1995 and I remember going to the Balloon fiesta after the game.

We've had votes on shirts since then. Our black away shirt of 03-04 and home shirt of 06-07 were both voted in. I think there was also a vote on the shirt after that abomination of an effort modelled by Dave Cotterill  in 05-06.

I'm happy the way it usually is done though. You can't please all of the people all of the time.

16 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

Have we now gone from consulting on design to voting on, say, a list of 3 options?

What if the # is on all 3 which I expect it would be?

Who gets to decide what 3 options make the short-list?  Do we need to have FAN consultation on who gets to make the decision on what voting basis will be used to whittle down the short-list of vote organisers?

1 hour ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

May have been the 1st year the Ateyo opened.  I know I was sat at that end.  Match kicked off, I looked down to stuff my programme  beneath my seat, looked back up, 0-1 down....  Might have been one of the reasons I stopped buying programmes.

That was the game me and a couple of friends arrived a couple minutes late, sat through the whole game believing we had won 1-0, only to find out we had drawn 1-1 when walking out of the ground at FT!

5 hours ago, Gazred said:

Back in the mid 90's i think it was, the club released about 4 or maybe 5 potential new kits that were show in the Evening Post (yes the actual paper version, no horrendous internet version then kids).

Not sure if anyone else can remember that, i'm pretty sure there was some kind of voting system setup. From a hazy memory, i think one kit just looked like Arsenal and another was a red and white version of Blackburn's kit.

Hoping someone else remembers and can confirm which kit we actually played in that year.

I remember some potential away kits being modelled on the pitch at half time in one game (early 90s?!) to gauge the fans' reaction - I think they were all booed!

On 28 April 2016 at 23:01, Three Lions said:

So are the #makingbristouproudhashtaggers now saying Bristol City are not a west country team at all but just Bristols?

Liverpool South West Division i thought?

On 28 April 2016 at 01:22, mattjtsmith said:

When is the away kit???

On its way down from White Hart Lane apparently; another job lot from one of the big boys and we just stick the Bristol Sport logo on there in the Hartcliffe Hosiery.

Over all , I quite like it.   Marked down for.....

white bits on the side of the shirt.

Writing on the socks.

Writing on the shirt (that isn't logo or sponsor).

These are minor gripes and from pitch side I won't even notice. Added to the fact I haven't worn colours to a game since 1987 and refuse to pay £40 for a shirt means I won't be buying one any time soon.

On Friday, April 29, 2016 at 21:02, BS4 on Tour... said:

I remember some potential away kits being modelled on the pitch at half time in one game (early 90s?!) to gauge the fans' reaction - I think they were all booed!

Was that when there was a stunt when a couple of men parachuted onto the pitch with one of them wearing the new purple away shirt, and people booed because it looked blue? Of course I might be wrong and this could be a case of "cider memory syndrome".

14 hours ago, Ian M said:

The clues are out there. Hope it doesn't leave any of our fans feeling too blue.

Am expecting something more Bristol Rugby blue than G*sh blue.

And as for Bristol Rugby, something similar in terms of home and away, but in reverse.

If you think about what SL has been saying, trying to emulate the likes of Barcelona. All teams have a similar trend in kit colour and style.

Same goes for the likes of Fenerbache etc. who have a sporting 'umbrella'.

• Admin
12 minutes ago, Sixtyseconds said:

Seeing a trend here chaps.

Those indicating the away kit could be blue are:

Mod.

Mod.

Admin.

Come on don't be coy finish the story..

I simply read it earlier in the thread. 

36 minutes ago, Sixtyseconds said:

Mods and admin clearly been tipped off.

Memo:

Its BLUE.When its revealed. I advise you to buy a motorcycle. Otib will melt. Go for a long ride.

I for one can't wait.

It'lI make the lack of consultation about something I've already forgotten about look minor!

A blue shirt, with hashtags and black shorts. 

That'll keep the board moving over summer.

44 minutes ago, Sixtyseconds said:

Mods and admin clearly been tipped off.

Memo:

Its BLUE.When its revealed. I advise you to buy a motorcycle. Otib will melt. Go for a long ride.

A group of us fans had a consultation, and we agreed with Bristol Sport that blue was appropriate as a tie-in to the rugby club.  Hope the rest of you are OK with that.

Archived