IGNORED

2016/17 kit

alexukhc

1 minute ago, City169 said:

Don't see the huge fuss myself, but I saw us play in all red for the first 5 years I regularly watched us (2001-2006). I think red and white looks nicer, but its not a huge deal.

Between 1897 and 2016 I can find 12 instances of us not having white shorts. To me, it's part of our identity and I hate when clubs piss about with home colours. Do what you want with away kits, but home kits (the colour scheme, at least) shouldn't be messed about with.

8 minutes ago, citywest30 said:

Have to say, I'm in the 'like it' camp. And as for all this hoo hah about the hash tags. Good grief. Get a grip. I really don't see how an extra bit of writing about our club and city can offend so many. Personally have never used Twitter so don't get all this hash tag stuff anyways.

If you like it camp, wait til you see the pink and lemon away kit! 

3 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Between 1897 and 2016 I can find 12 instances of us not having white shorts. To me, it's part of our identity and I hate when clubs piss about with home colours. Do what you want with away kits, but home kits (the colour scheme, at least) shouldn't be messed about with.

couldn't agree more…I recall the early 70's all red era - which bloomed when the red shorts were ditched…I recall the horror of the black shorts days in the early 80's - and the early 2000's were years of extreme frustration. Bristol City play in red and white…it's not hard to understand that. What's the point of changing it? Speechless if we really are playing in all red... 

9 hours ago, lambo said:

Corrr that font really grinds my gears as well. Lucky the football league (or EFL as it will be called) has just gone through a rebrand and hopefully we'll get new name and number typography next season.

http://mobile.football-league.co.uk/news/article/2015/football-league-to-be-re-named-the-english-football-league-2798210.aspx

Finally got around to reading this thread:  why the F does it need to be rebranded as the English Football League: was the former name causing some confusion?

2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Totally agree. Always like to see us play in red and white, perhaps have the red shorts if kit clash forces a change (away obviously). Only wear away colours if other team wear red and white. 

Away kit can be the colours your experiment with. Leave the home colours alone.

4 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

And 7 of those are in the last 20 years. I'm not saying I prefer it, I've already said I prefer the red and white. I just don't see it as a huge deal when (and perhaps because, in my lifetime) it hasn't been that uncommon. 

Presuming '86 is your year of birth, or that of a child of yours (have no idea, but bear with me) then I can understand seeing it differently as it is a much more uncommon strip over that time.

3 minutes ago, City169 said:

And 7 of those are in the last 20 years. I'm not saying I prefer it, I've already said I prefer the red and white. I just don't see it as a huge deal when (and perhaps because, in my lifetime) it hasn't been that uncommon. 

Presuming '86 is your year of birth, or that of a child of yours (have no idea, but bear with me) then I can understand seeing it differently as it is a much more uncommon strip over that time.

86 is indeed my age, and I'm aware that there have been some red short variants throughout my time, but for my earliest years it was almost always red, white, red or red, white, white. 

I don't know what it is but all red just doesn't say Bristol City to me. I know it's not a big deal to most, but for me it looks immeasurably better than all red.

7 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

If you're not fussed then presumably you wouldn't consider buying one Robbo.  It becomes an issue if you do buy the shirts but only the ones that you like, or buy them every year so that you have the current kit and want to look ok.

That's my approach Eddie:  don't buy replica shirts, and haven't particularly liked any of our shirts for a couple of decades or more.  As such, not overly arsed what garbage is spewed out by the designers each time, as long as they avoid the colour blue and the use of quarters.

13 minutes ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

Finally got around to reading this thread:  why the F does it need to be rebranded as the English Football League: was the former name causing some confusion?

So it can be shortened to EFL, which is what foreign types (particularly Americans) like to do. EPL, NFL, NHL, NBA, WTF

Just seen the kit for the first time so everything I say will already have been said no doubt, but f---ing hideous, too much text everywhere, the hashtags are plain tacky, but even worse is the dot matrix Bristol City text on the socks. Not something the players are going to bursting with pride to wear...... SADLY.

37 minutes ago, Tauntonian said:

Those hashtags are pathetic and embarrassing. I dont give a toss about "modern maketing" were a football club not a business.

Presumably you are quoting me there regarding "modern marketing". To be clear that was not a defence of the hashtags, simply an observation of what they are. I hate them and think they spoil an otherwise smart kit.

However, to say we're a football club not a business is naive to say the least. We are both, whether you like it or not, and if we are to prosper, we need to be a well run business as well as a well run football club.

2 minutes ago, Olé said:

So it can be shortened to EFL, which is what foreign types (particularly Americans) like to do. EPL, NFL, NHL, NBA, WTF

Just seen the kit for the first time so everything I say will already have been said no doubt, but f---ing hideous, too much text everywhere, the hashtags are plain tacky, but even worse is the dot matrix Bristol City text on the socks. Not something the players are going to bursting with pride to wear...... SADLY.

I'm not sure they'd be many players ever who would have said they were proud to wear their clubs socks. Do you really think the players care about a pair of socks that much?

47 minutes ago, City169 said:

Can't see many if any people taking that up. Though if true it will highlight how much of an overreaction its been on here.

Well yes I won't be taking up the option of having hashtags if that happens for sure.

One thing I can't stand is the badge, yes change the colours on away kits, merchandise etc, but not on the home kit please.

Archived