IGNORED

Section 82: A Clash Of Cultures

10 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Leicester is a poor example as they are an anomaly. They're a 'small' club on the verge of winning the title, it's exceptional circumstances and every club in the country would have a good home atmosphere in that scenario. 

Put Leicester at the bottom of the Championship and the atmosphere would be just like anywhere else.

I agree with your point but The King Power stadium is all seater and the earlier point claimed lack of atmosphere is down to all seater stadium. 

2 hours ago, WTMS said:

The ideas behind re-opening the Eastend where different. People occasionally had the odd issue  ... A drum once was once thrown down the steps for example, but the idea presented to Mr Lansdown was to be clearly inclusive. The idea of a singing section did not exist.

Dangerous business that. Throwing drums.

Mate of mine got hit by a thrown drum and ended up with mild percussion.

I'm reading all this an wondering why the A/B Dolman was offered? The Ex Eastenders/section 82 or whatever fans are never going to sit down are they??? How does the Dolman suddenly get standing? I guess just the same was as the Williams did, but if it's OK to stand in the old Williams and Dolman, how is the South Stand not suitable? Also how would people in Dolman C and beyond be able to see along the pitch without standing if the first two blocks are standing. You can see how everyone has to jump to their feet when the ball is along the touch line/Atyeo corner as it is.

i know I have said it before but as soon as the South Stand was built the singers should have been put in there. Ok I understand because of corporate and family that wasn't possible, but ok then from next season the singers should have relocated in there. Corporates are going over into the New Williams and Families could be either in Dolman A or SouthStand/ Williams corner. The club have over complicated things by accommodating home fans in the Atyeo. I dread to think what will happen if we got a big cup match or something. Move to the upper Williams en masse? 

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I agree with your point but The King Power stadium is all seater and the earlier point claimed lack of atmosphere is down to all seater stadium. 

But it's purely circumstantial and will revert to type if/when Leicester stop overachieving. Unless it's an extreme example (like Leicester), atmosphere is generally worse now than it was 25+ years ago when terracing was commonplace.

7 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

But it's purely circumstantial and will revert to type if/when Leicester stop overachieving. Unless it's an extreme example (like Leicester), atmosphere is generally worse now than it was 25+ years ago when terracing was commonplace.

Of course.

I lived in London for a few years so chose a local team to watch in addition to travelling to see City. I went round most of them, including Spurs, Arsenal & Chelsea, and settled upon Fulham (then in Div 4) primarily because I could stand on a huge terrace behind the goal. It so reminded me of the pleasure of standing at my early games at AG that I even bought a season ticket (they were very cheap).

I personally don't think standing or sitting have any massive difference on atmosphere at a Stadium.

Society nowadays is generally far more apathetic across the board.

You get occasions when Clubs over achieve and it's not the norm. Leicester this season is a great example.

Look at our season under GJ when we made the play offs. That season was one of the best feel good seasons I've ever known...the atmosphere was great nearly each game.

But it was a one off. It was completely out of the blue and unexpected and the fans had that under dog backs to the wall feeling, and couldn't believe what was happening.

Look at Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd, Man City...top football played every week...yet crowds are apathetic to it all.

Football is seen every day...we are almost numb to it. It's not exciting anymore, because we see too much of it.

Trying to create an atmosphere is imo, strange.

Atmosphere is naturally created from actions on the pitch and passion and excitement aroused.

A lot of what you see abroad...is the actions of people frustrated with the society they live in, and they are letting off steam at the football grounds.

Very similar to what we had in the 70's and 80's...an unrest in society.

4 hours ago, WTMS said:

The ideas behind re-opening the Eastend where different. People occasionally had the odd issue  ... A drum once was once thrown down the steps for example, but the idea presented to Mr Lansdown was to be clearly inclusive. The idea of a singing section did not exist.

I see that, but the subsequent move to Williams and then Atyeo have repeatedly been sold on a singing/standing/unreserved basis, and thus that the same group of supporters have made these moves.

The impression given is that the inclusivity of the East End is no longer present. Is that fair comment?

The impression given is that the inclusivity of the East End is no longer present. Is that fair comment?

An opinion would be yes.

The very idea of a singing section is not inclusive. That idea was not presented to Steve Lansdown in 2007, or to the FC prior move to the Williams.

1 hour ago, spudski said:

I personally don't think standing or sitting have any massive difference on atmosphere at a Stadium.

Society nowadays is generally far more apathetic across the board.

You get occasions when Clubs over achieve and it's not the norm. Leicester this season is a great example.

Look at our season under GJ when we made the play offs. That season was one of the best feel good seasons I've ever known...the atmosphere was great nearly each game.

But it was a one off. It was completely out of the blue and unexpected and the fans had that under dog backs to the wall feeling, and couldn't believe what was happening.

Look at Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd, Man City...top football played every week...yet crowds are apathetic to it all.

Football is seen every day...we are almost numb to it. It's not exciting anymore, because we see too much of it.

Trying to create an atmosphere is imo, strange.

Atmosphere is naturally created from actions on the pitch and passion and excitement aroused.

A lot of what you see abroad...is the actions of people frustrated with the society they live in, and they are letting off steam at the football grounds.

Very similar to what we had in the 70's and 80's...an unrest in society.

Wow. Deep!

But I think you may well have a point.

3 minutes ago, WTMS said:

An opinion would be yes.

The very idea of a singing section is not inclusive. That idea was not presented to Steve Lansdown in 2007, or to the FC prior move to the Williams.

I seem to remember the phrase "singing section" was invented by the club and was not liked by the east end community.

2 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

I seem to remember the phrase "singing section" was invented by the club and was not liked by the east end community.

And that is where ideals now differ. There are people in the Atyeo who think the stand should be just for singers.

4 minutes ago, WTMS said:

And that is where ideals now differ. There are people in the Atyeo who think the stand should be just for singers.

WTMS, in an ideal world, what would YOUR arrangement be for AG? Where would the eastend/singer group go and how would it work?

(You know what I mean by eastend/singer group so please don't quibble it if the terminology isn't exactly what you like!)

25 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

WTMS, in an ideal world, what would YOUR arrangement be for AG? Where would the eastend/singer group go and how would it work?

(You know what I mean by eastend/singer group so please don't quibble it if the terminology isn't exactly what you like!)

Can't turn back time.

The Atyeo is the logical and respectful choice. People do need to sort out their narrative of what they want / think it is about. How will they progress, and engage with other fans, its a bit opaque, but interesting to see how it progresses.

Donated, flags, poles, stuffed stickers in bags .. But find some of the new attitudes amongst a few sitting uneasily with the past.

28 minutes ago, WTMS said:

Can't turn back time.

The Atyeo is the logical and respectful choice. People do need to sort out their narrative of what they want / think it is about. How will they progress, and engage with other fans, its a bit opaque, but interesting to see how it progresses.

Donated, flags, poles, stuffed stickers in bags .. But find some of the new attitudes amongst a few sitting uneasily with the past.

Would it hurt you to actually answer @Phileas Fogg's question?

4 minutes ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

Yep, I don't really understand the answer given. I'm completely supportive of all atmosphere creation, standing etc and my posts have been pretty tough on the club at times. However, all I get from your posts @WTMS is criticism with few tangible ideas or solutions. Lots of rhetoric though. I am genuinely interested in your preferred ideal scenario though as I would wager it might be similar to mine.

4 minutes ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

It has been answered.

Any other answer would be a hypothetical (ideal world) requiring legislative change - change in BCFC  policy ... It will not happen.

The Atyeo x Dolman (Lower?) has potential.

25 minutes ago, WTMS said:

It has been answered.

Any other answer would be a hypothetical (ideal world) requiring legislative change - change in BCFC  policy ... It will not happen.

The Atyeo x Dolman (Lower?) has potential.

You certainly typed an answer to some question, just not the one asked.

Have you considered a career in politics?

1 hour ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

You certainly typed an answer to some question, just not the one asked.

Have you considered a career in politics?

And despite the owner of BCFC being happy enough to use first names the question was answered, you won't get a "Oi Steve you know that forty odd million you spent, how about spending some more and starting a section again for Otib?"

3 minutes ago, WTMS said:

And despite the owner of BCFC being happy enough to use first names the question was answered, you won't get a "Oi Steve you know that forty odd million you spent, how about spending some more and starting a section again for Otib?"

Well diverted again good sir.  Batted away like a mix of Sachin in his prime and a Conservative MP.

Some really good points on here.

When the club stated they would be restricting the season tickets to 1000 in the atyeo, The club were presented for an idea to use the Lower dolman for similar activities, again this lies with the club to allow but the proposal was presented.

Now that the Hillsborough enquiry has nearly come to it's conclusion, do you think that safe standing will be incorporated into stadiums in England in the near future? I think it would work at the back of the SS. I could sit just above the level of the voms, watch the match and join in any singing that I wished to and those who wished to stand could wave their flags, sing etc

If you pay the money for a ticket to get into the ground then you should be ******* left alone to support how you want. It boils my blood that some people seem to think what they do to support the team is more important that someone else. City fans inside Ashton Gate should always be on the same side.

1 hour ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Now that the Hillsborough enquiry has nearly come to it's conclusion, do you think that safe standing will be incorporated into stadiums in England in the near future? I think it would work at the back of the SS. I could sit just above the level of the voms, watch the match and join in any singing that I wished to and those who wished to stand could wave their flags, sing etc

Why only half. Rail Seat all of it and sell standing from the back forward, if there is demand then everyone stands, and if not then they are also seats which you can sell from the front going backwards. 

19 minutes ago, MigratedRobin said:

If you pay the money for a ticket to get into the ground then you should be ******* left alone to support how you want. It boils my blood that some people seem to think what they do to support the team is more important that someone else. City fans inside Ashton Gate should always be on the same side.

I personally agree fully , there should be space for everyone to support how they feel is best for them. 

No one is more important than others, Were all city fans after all!

14 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Why only half. Rail Seat all of it and sell standing from the back forward, if there is demand then everyone stands, and if not then they are also seats which you can sell from the front going backwards. 

I want to sit down. I also want to sit behind the goal.

Archived