IGNORED

Lee Tomlin (Merged)

Ian M

26 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Bit mean don't we think guys?

Yes, his tweets are embarrassing. It is possible, from reading them, he's got learning difficulties or similar.. He doesn't look that old either - how would some of you feel if your son or younger brother was being ridiculed on a forum like this? 

I'd take his laptop tablet and mobile phone off him if he was anything to do with me. ******* obnoxious pogle.

19 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Bit mean don't we think guys?

Yes, his tweets are embarrassing. It is possible, from reading them, he's got learning difficulties or similar.. He doesn't look that old either - how would some of you feel if your son or younger brother was being ridiculed on a forum like this? 

You're absolutely right Phileas. The only thing I would say is, if someone has learning difficulties relating to their ability to be socially appropriate, is it a good idea for them to be using a platform like Twitter designed precisely for social interaction and frank exchanges of views, often with complete strangers? Or should they be protected from it? That doesn't excuse people being rude, and I absolutely agree that we should be more considerate (myself included) - but neither does it justify a tirade of f-words when someone says "leave the guy alone".

But I do fully take your point.

19 minutes ago, RedM said:

On the day teachers are on strike, mind you they have their work cut out.

If teachers in Northern Ireland are on strike, then they deserve to get sacked.

Summer Holidays started last week.

4 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

You're absolutely right Phileas. The only thing I would say is, if someone has learning difficulties relating to their ability to be socially appropriate, is it a good idea for them to be using a platform like Twitter designed precisely for social interaction and frank exchanges of views, often with complete strangers? Or should they be protected from it? That doesn't excuse people being rude, and I absolutely agree that we should be more considerate (myself included) - but neither does it justify a tirade of f-words when someone says "leave the guy alone".

But I do fully take your point.

It's a tricky one. If, the chap in question is young and has learning difficulties - as an example; do you shield them from it as a parent? If I had a child and they had learning difficulties I think I'd be tempted. Very hard to regulate though.

Oh well.. Just hoping we make this announcement soon. Would be nice for it to be made official. 

Anyone recall whether we have a usual time for announcements? I don't, I just remember Kodjia being late evening last season albeit when we had that training camp.

Tbf to Master Beecroft he provides some good advice, if you decipher the eccentric spelling. He is telling us as City fans not to be so absorbed by potential transfer targets signing and instead to put just some of that effort into spicing up lives with our loved ones. For he says at the end of his tweet that if you are a true City fan you want Ann Summers.

Archived