IGNORED

Lee Tomlin (Merged)

Ian M

3 minutes ago, eric04 said:

A massive signing like this should have a press conference. Surely the club want to shout from the rooftops about it. 

Let's be honest, it's a big signing for us, but it's not a massive signing in the grand scheme of the wider football world. I'm not sure why you'd have a press conference for one player but not another such as O'Neill.

2 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Let's be honest, it's a big signing for us, but it's not a massive signing in the grand scheme of the wider football world. I'm not sure why you'd have a press conference for one player but not another such as O'Neill.

Agreed. I dont think Tomlin is bigger than O'Neill in footballing terms.

Feels like they are trying to get a couple/few announced at the same time. It seems fairly clear that Tomlin is signed and sealed but perhaps there are others waiting to be tied up before some grand announcement of 3 or 4 together. No inside knowledge but just feels that way to me and may explain the perceived hold up of announcing Tomlin.

3 minutes ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

Feels like they are trying to get a couple/few announced at the same time. It seems fairly clear that Tomlin is signed and sealed but perhaps there are others waiting to be tied up before some grand announcement of 3 or 4 together. No inside knowledge but just feels that way to me and may explain the perceived hold up of announcing Tomlin.

There hasn't really been a hold up. He had his medical yesterday and we're probably announcing it today

4 minutes ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

Seems odd why they'd do that, spacing ti out makes it better imo. 

28 minutes ago, Neo said:

Went over the Gate for a stalk at lunch time as I work locally.  Nothing going on except the rent.  Dead - press entrance etc. is on skeleton staff, sports bar not even opened, coffee shop with 3 people in, club shop with nobody in - great time to go on the thief to be fair - if there is an announcement today and a press call unlikely to be at the Gate.

On the plus side loads of round tables and chairs going in the Dolman entrance so maybe people can finally sit on something other than the floor !! :blink:

Looked pretty busy when I went past

piem.jpg

7 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

Agreed. I dont think Tomlin is bigger than O'Neill in footballing terms.

In what terms is he bigger then ?(tounge firmly in cheek)

7 minutes ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

Can see that. It takes a million gallons of fuel just to get Sir Steve's Brabazon in the air from St Helier. So he's not going to piss about coming over for just one £3 million signing.

6 minutes ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

Seen this floated around a lot but I just don't see this happening.

It's far better from a PR point of view to stagger signing announcements and stay in the news for longer than to waste a load of good news all in one hit.

12 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Really? Breaking our transfer record? 

We we had one for Trundle I think. 

6 minutes ago, Scrumpy said:

Greggs signing a 5 year deal are part of the agreement apparently.

Before anyone asks, I won't tell who told me.

Weightwatchers was going to be our shirt sponsor until they heard that we were signing Tomlin!

Just to play devils advocate , maybe we aren't 100% agreed on personal terms but are close and we want him in quickly so we've just gone ahead and done the medical? I doubt it's the case but juts I thought. I imagine a Tomlin , DeGirolamo & away kit annoucment.

Archived