IGNORED

Lee Tomlin (Merged)

Ian M

6 minutes ago, simon uk said:

Apart from hearsay and conjecture, we are assuming the medical is done based on sky,the bournemouth echo, plus a journalist or 2s understanding. There is nothing from us, bournemouth or tomlin, how much chance is there that nothing has been happening? Its funny, every year the forum whips itself into a shark frenzy desparate to be fed.

I think if it was bollocks either us or Bournemouth would have come out and said so just to put a stop to all the nonsense. That`s what I`m hoping anyway.

7 minutes ago, simon uk said:

Apart from hearsay and conjecture, we are assuming the medical is done based on sky,the bournemouth echo, plus a journalist or 2s understanding. There is nothing from us, bournemouth or tomlin, how much chance is there that nothing has been happening? Its funny, every year the forum whips itself into a shark frenzy desparate to be fed.

You're ******* right I'm hungry. I'm a ******* great white and I can smell blood. 

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

also bare in mind, our media team doesn't upload content to the official website at the moment, its who the football leagues shity contract is with (its running out soon I think)

Errr. Yes they do. The platform is provided by FLi (or whatever it's called now in the EFL regime) and City's media team create content using the FLi CMS.

15 minutes ago, simon uk said:

I doubt very much that Sky AND the BBC have got this wrong. 

3 minutes ago, P'head Red said:

I doubt very much that Sky AND the BBC have got this wrong. 

Well they got the last general election wrong along with Brexit, pretty sure they could get it wrong about a talented guy out of favour with Bournemouth that twitters a lot joining an unglamorous football team in the West Country.

(don't think they have though)

Gotta say that if we get 40 games each out of tomlin and kodjia next season, that those 2 will be a real handful for any team to deal with, and as good a forward pairing as most teams in this league. Clearly there are still significant issues with squad depth at centre forward and defensively, if anything happens to 1 or 2 specific players we are in huge trouble.

1 hour ago, RockleazeRed said:

Asked my missus whether she thinks Lee Tomlin will sign, she knows nothing about football and cares even less. She asked why I cared about us signing a Chinese player......

I asked my missus the same question and she wanted to know why we were signing Dolly Partons friend from 9 to 5. Anyway, did someone mention a double signing

17 minutes ago, Sargent Pepper said:

He must be going through hell not replying to the 100's of Twitter notifications.....

Really?! You think someone is 'going through hell' because they can't communicate on social media??!

I'm glad I can relate to a time when all transfer rumours were discussed in the pre and post match pubs and we only knew we'd signed someone when they ran onto the pitch in a City shirt the day after an announcement in the local media.

Awful to think these 'poor' modern footballers are 'going through hell' because they can't reply to fawning idiots on a social media platform.

Oh well...

20 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Really?! You think someone is 'going through hell' because they can't communicate on social media??!

I'm glad I can relate to a time when all transfer rumours were discussed in the pre and post match pubs and we only knew we'd signed someone when they ran onto the pitch in a City shirt the day after an announcement in the local media.

Awful to think these 'poor' modern footballers are 'going through hell' because they can't reply to fawning idiots on a social media platform.

Oh well...

You ain't that old!

Meh, I remember when it was all fields :P

....and I think the original quote was made in jest :P

1 hour ago, View from the Dolman said:

Errr. Yes they do. The platform is provided by FLi (or whatever it's called now in the EFL regime) and City's media team create content using the FLi CMS.

The club creates it they don't upload it,

beanhead has complain in the past about things being uploaded too early or too late and it's been beyond the clubs control

18 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

The club creates it they don't upload it,

beanhead has complain in the past about things being uploaded too early or too late and it's been beyond the clubs control

kinda sad isn't it, there are kids in their bedrooms after a day at school who have better web presence and tech savy than million pound entertainment companies.

21 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Happy Tomlin day everyone. 

To celebrate I'm going to create a portmanteau to mark the occasion...

#TomTrance

As you can see it's a delightfully clever merge of the words Tomlin & entrance. 

I'm cool me. 

I'll just add a quick #TomlinTuesday to #MakingBristolProud 

8 hours ago, Fiale said:

kinda sad isn't it, there are kids in their bedrooms after a day at school who have better web presence and tech savy than million pound entertainment companies.

They are tied into the contract till end of season. Then they have the choice - go it alone or go into a new deal presumably with a new provider.  

The go it alone option could be to link it with the chain of BS sites that all work off a much better CMS 

Archived