IGNORED

Season ticket count (Merged)

Topper 123

2 hours ago, CITYAREREDANDWHITE said:

Disagree. 16-17k are already guaranteed to be used already next season. Plus 1,000 away fans and pay on the day, id be very surprised shouldn't we average over 19,000

Not as an average, no way.

If we did, we would have higher average than Ipswich, B'ham, Hull, Reading, Fulham, Burnley, The Welsh, Bolton, B'burn.

Maybe for the first few games and some of the big clubs like Villa and the Toon, but as an average, I'd expect the figure would be affected by some of the games that will no doubt pull in lower crowds - Burton, Rotherham, Huddersfield, Brentford, Preston, etc. If we only got say 16/17k for those games (which is most likely), then we'd need some high attendances to reach 19k as an average.

Unless of course we sign Lee Tomlin.

It depends on how the average is worked out. If it is tickets sold plus freebies handed out then it could be quite a high number. Say 15k season tickets, 2k freebies (although that sounds high), 1.5k away gives you 18.5k. On that basis anything between 16.5 and 19 is achievable.

If it is actual paying customers through the turnstiles on the day - a lot less.

9 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Thank you Nostradamus.

I don't think you can say either of those things with such apparent certainty.

Same with every guesstimate on this thread, all guess work, conjecture and bullshit.

I do think there is some truth in the posts that say if we had managed 14k sold, the club would have mentioned it by now ( I'm still guessing though). Not sure why the figure hasn't been released, maybe they're waiting for the stellar signing, or until the cards go out but until then .....

I think we will average 17 - 18,000 ,  and that's allowing for larger away  following and a few big gates to bump the average, but not allowing for two massive signings and starting the season like a train!!

7 hours ago, reformed_red said:

Not as an average, no way.

If we did, we would have higher average than Ipswich, B'ham, Hull, Reading, Fulham, Burnley, The Welsh, Bolton, B'burn.

Maybe for the first few games and some of the big clubs like Villa and the Toon, but as an average, I'd expect the figure would be affected by some of the games that will no doubt pull in lower crowds - Burton, Rotherham, Huddersfield, Brentford, Preston, etc. If we only got say 16/17k for those games (which is most likely), then we'd need some high attendances to reach 19k as an average.

Unless of course we sign Lee Tomlin.

How would we only get 16-17k with those already guarenteed. Put away fans, and potd, and your up to 19k on a bad day. 

2 hours ago, Drew Peacock said:

It depends on how the average is worked out. If it is tickets sold plus freebies handed out then it could be quite a high number. Say 15k season tickets, 2k freebies (although that sounds high), 1.5k away gives you 18.5k. On that basis anything between 16.5 and 19 is achievable.

If it is actual paying customers through the turnstiles on the day - a lot less.

Average would be worked out by attendance, the number of people in the ground, like it is for every other club in the world 

For the last couple of weeks the number of season tickets still available seems to be dropping by 20-30 per day. At those rates we would be looking at an extra 1000+ STs to be sold by the start of the season which could take us in excess of 15,000 based on estimate of 13,900 already sold. 

Obviously the Atyeo is almost sold out, but based on the current rate of sales the South Stand and Family Sections will also sell out ahead of the first game leaving POTD only in the Dolman and Williams. 

Would it be a logistical nightmare for s.t. holder fans in the Lower West stand to have the ability to move into the Upper if the club open it up for extra capacity reasons? The club could leave all seats in the upper tier as a free for all? Probably can't work though for some reason.

I'd like to think we'll make a couple of big, early summer signings to show intent. It may boost sales and then open the top tier for ST holders.

Not only would that be a nice thing in general, but it would also allow me to move my (plus 6) up to the top tier.

West stand lower is fine, but I wanna be in that ******* top tier! Tis currently rather frustrating.

5 hours ago, Scrumpy said:

I'd like to think we'll make a couple of big, early summer signings to show intent. It may boost sales and then open the top tier for ST holders.

Not only would that be a nice thing in general, but it would also allow me to move my (plus 6) up to the top tier.

West stand lower is fine, but I wanna be in that ******* top tier! Tis currently rather frustrating.

You could always get a job as a sports reporter, best seats in the house.

very surprised where the journos are sitting, prime seats that would have sold for a premium I think.

9 hours ago, CITYAREREDANDWHITE said:

How would we only get 16-17k with those already guarenteed. Put away fans, and potd, and your up to 19k on a bad day. 

If we've sold around 14k season tickets, and end up selling another 1,000 or so (optimistic?) I'd be very surprised if "on a bad day" we had 4,000 combined POTD and away fans. I.e. For a Burton @ home on a cold winter Tuesday. 

I think we will break 20k a couple of times, but we won't average 19k. There will be too many circa 16k crowds that will bring the average down. 

I doubt we will sell more than 15k season tickets. 

3 minutes ago, reformed_red said:

If we've sold around 14k season tickets, and end up selling another 1,000 or so (optimistic?) I'd be very surprised if "on a bad day" we had 4,000 combined POTD and away fans. I.e. For a Burton @ home on a cold winter Tuesday. 

I think we will break 20k a couple of times, but we won't average 19k. There will be too many circa 16k crowds that will bring the average down. 

I doubt we will sell more than 15k season tickets. 

Then the huge number of coorperates. 

3 minutes ago, CITYAREREDANDWHITE said:

Then the huge number of coorperates. 

Yeah - interesting one. I have no idea how they count towards attendance, or if season ticket sales already include head counts per box sold etc...??

But still, lots of empty seats in the  corporate areas this season just gone....

1 hour ago, reformed_red said:

Yeah - interesting one. I have no idea how they count towards attendance, or if season ticket sales already include head counts per box sold etc...??

But still, lots of empty seats in the  corporate areas this season just gone....

Coorperates sold out for next season. Adds 2k onto every attendance. 

21 minutes ago, cynic said:

Where do you get 2k from ?

18 boxes with 12 people = 216

The central blocks of the West Stand are counted in the ST sales.

The Heineken Lounge is around 500 corporates (?) who take up seats in S18.

Where are the other 1300 or so coming from ?

And where do they sit ?

Middle seats don't count as season tickets. 

11 hours ago, cynic said:

Where do you get 2k from ?

18 boxes with 12 people = 216

The central blocks of the West Stand are counted in the ST sales.

The Heineken Lounge is around 500 corporates (?) who take up seats in S18.

Where are the other 1300 or so coming from ?

And where do they sit ?

Haven't heard 2k mentioned but I think you'll find there are a minimum 1,000 corporates on top of the 200 in the boxes.

Queue the moaning about the corporate fodder we'll have next season. Probably going to be something similar to the Wembley set up. Peeps leaving early/turning up late and not bothering with chunks of the match and will stay in the concourse.

Understandable moaning though.

King prawn sandwich eaters!

Money talks though.

8 minutes ago, Scrumpy said:

Queue the moaning about the corporate fodder we'll have next season. Probably going to be something similar to the Wembley set up. Peeps leaving early/turning up late and not bothering with chunks of the match and will stay in the concourse.

Money talks though.

It mostly says ' cheerio ' to me .

3 hours ago, Scrumpy said:

Money talks though.

doesn't bother me as its extra money we have coming in that we've never had before,(some one said 1.5 million a season not sure if its true)

• Admin
1 hour ago, Stoke_Gifford_Red said:

There must be a reason they have been taken off sale.

Perhaps we have reached the point, or are in track to reach the point, where it becomes required/economic to open the upper tier for all games? 

Maybe they need to lock the system down to start putting together the actual tickets for next season?

Easier to miss someone if they are being added to all the time

8 hours ago, Scrumpy said:

Money talks though.

I had my first prawn sandwich the other day…very nice. Whitehall Garden Centre, Whitchurch. Not sure of its regal status

Archived