IGNORED

Season ticket count (Merged)

Topper 123

4 hours ago, View from the Dolman said:

Not actually sure what your point is. I said circa 1500. That's around 1500. I believe the actual number to be slightly less.

1 Birmingham City 1,471
2 Sheffield Wednesday 1,467
3 Middlesbrough 1,463
4 Cardiff City 1,462
5 Ipswich Town 1,443
6 West Brom 1,431

Those numbers are circa 1500 I'd say.

Birmingham City say they sold out - http://www.bcfc.com/news/article/bristol-city-birmingham-city-2925051.aspx

Sheffield Wednesday say they sold out - http://www.swfc.co.uk/news/article/ashton-gate-sell-out-3024966.aspx

Middlesbrough say they sold out - http://www.mfc.co.uk/news/article/2016/middlesbrough-bristol-city-2888252.aspx

Cardiff say they sold out - http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/article/match-preview-bristol-city-v-cardiff-city-2988567.aspx

Do us all a favour @cynic and read this.

8 minutes ago, cynic said:

I have thanks.

And I stand by my point.

Thats my opinion which you have absolutely no chance of changing.

Edit: Since when do you speak for "all" ? You appear to do this often.

So your opinion is that no team sold out despite being presented with definitive evidence that at least four teams did. Since we have no chance of changing that I guess we'll leave it there.

Away support usually depends on how well the away team is doing in the league, at that time.

We know that Villa and Newcastle will bring the full allocation, then the likes of Wednesday,Derby, Wolves, Birmingham will probably sell out.

Wigan may well sell out because it's the first game, and then the teams we play in the last 5 home games ( depending on league position) may well do the same.

If I had to bet on it I would go for about 10 teams selling out next season.

20 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Away support usually depends on how well the away team is doing in the league, at that time.

We know that Villa and Newcastle will bring the full allocation, then the likes of Wednesday,Derby, Wolves, Birmingham will probably sell out.

Wigan may well sell out because it's the first game, and then the teams we play in the last 5 home games ( depending on league position) may well do the same.

If I had to bet on it I would go for about 10 teams selling out next season.

I saw Wigan at Stoke about 4 years ago, in the Prem' & just down the road. They took about 400 fans. Can't see them bringing more than 500 but might be wrong.

• Admin
15 hours ago, cynic said:

Whilst I respect your opinion and I sincerely hope you are correct, I really can't see more than 3 or 4 teams selling their allocation of 2,700. I hope I'm wrong as it would be money in the coffers and add greatly to the atmosphere.

Newcastle - Villa - Leeds and Birmingham will

On 06/07/2016 at 17:19, cynic said:

Disproved my own point ? Nonsense.

I take the point that the away attendance was limited to 1500 or 1600 which I had forgotten so four clubs in our division next season came close to selling out, but my point stands - imo there will not be more than 3 or 4 teams that sell out their allocation next season, much like last season.

The Sheffield and Leeds games are on a Tuesday night next season so, whilst I would expect them to normally sell out its unlikely that they will.

I reckon there would be at least four teams that would comfortably outstrip the 2,700 allocation??..without too much fuss surely we could take advantage with another 500\1000 offered if selling well-its all money in the bank,and when we give the attendance over the pa we can say its a 15,000 gate anyway......................

Whilst there are some that could fill 2,700 -a lot will be down to circumstance and time in the season etc

People keep saying Birmingham will sell out.... and they probably will. But isn't our last home game against them? If they are pushing for Auto then there will be Birmingham fans all over the home end... If they have already been relegated by 10 points then they will probably be lucky to sell 1000 in the away end.

Cardiff, whilst I would expect them sell out, is straight after Christmas. If it gets made a bubble game or gets postponed due to weather/FA cup fixtures etc it could seriously impact their numbers.

Wolves only averaged 200 more than us last season- Proof that if the team isn't preforming their numbers drop. But if the team is even close to sniffing around the playoffs they will travel in massive numbers.

What i'm trying to say is that I see both points. In my opinion only 4 teams are pretty much nailed on to sell out regardless of circumstance. Leeds, Villa, Newcastle and Wednesday. The rest are very dependant on how the team is preforming and when the fixture is, but there are 5 or 6 other teams who if in a good place at the time of the fixture, will also take the full allocation.

On 6/2/2016 at 10:26, WRERE said:

I'm thinking about getting a season ticket but I don't have anyone to go with. Anyone gone by theirselves before , if so what is it like? To me it feels weird to go alone but at the same time I really want a season ticket this year. I had a season ticket when I was 10 for 5 or 6 seasons but haven't had one since.

Did you get a ST?

2 minutes ago, WRERE said:

I have yes! Sat in the Dolman and got talking to some of the guys around me who've been sat there for a long time.

Good, glad to hear you got one. I suddenly thought of you the other day. We have some new people sat round us this season, and they come on their own.

29 minutes ago, WRERE said:

I have yes! Sat in the Dolman and got talking to some of the guys around me who've been sat there for a long time.

By Christmas they`ll seem like people you`ve known all your life!

On a slightly different (but similar) note I`ve been meeting up with the same bloke at half time for a fag for about ten years. I don`t know his name and he doesn`t know mine but the shared BCFC experience makes him a mate, weird isn`t it.

51 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

On a slightly different (but similar) note I`ve been meeting up with the same bloke at half time for a fag for about ten years. I don`t know his name and he doesn`t know mine but the shared BCFC experience makes him a mate, weird isn`t it.

Are you sharing a fag or having one each.:whistle:

54 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

It took about a year (or more) to find out the names of the people I sit next to… got a bit embarrassing when I was introducing my friend, to one guy…

9 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

It took about a year (or more) to find out the names of the people I sit next to… got a bit embarrassing when I was introducing my friend, to one guy…

chap next to me introduced himself at the Wigan game, I didn't catch his name due to his accent and couldn't really ask himself to repeat it after the first time so I still don't know it.

edit- here comes the moment where it turns out to be one of the people on here!

2 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Good, glad to hear you got one. I suddenly thought of you the other day. We have some new people sat round us this season, and they come on their own.

Nobody should ever stay away from football or rugby for that matter, because they don't have anyone to come with them. If one is willing to join in conversations, there is always someone to talk to and discuss the game. Then in time you end up talking to a lot of people  

Never be ;one;y at Bristol City or any other club or code that you choose.

13 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

chap next to me introduced himself at the Wigan game, I didn't catch his name due to his accent and couldn't really ask himself to repeat it after the first time so I still don't know it.

Sorry about the accent, being a foreigner my English still isn't great. 

Still at the next game please address myself by my name, my name is Yurrib Ellend.......

14 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I've sat next to the same guys for years and chat every match but I don't know the names of the majority of them. Funny really but doesn't seem that important, ha.

22 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

James, if your name is Mark it could have been me or my mate :whistle:

Archived